2.0 firmware for KS-18L/XL is available

Seba

11 hours ago, Ganappetto said:

So, no fix is possible? :(

Yeah, so its just like @mrelwood's response

Yes. But also no. You have to calibrate perfectly level. But the new update thats coming is going to allow us to get our tilts back. If you have annnnnnnnnnnny dip in your initial calibration, it will react exactly how its seen in my video. 

Edited by seage
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Fw 2.02 allows you to set an offset angle from the Soft Tuner app if you  prefer to ride with a slight tilt, but it still has to be calibrated exactly flat.

This is supported by EUC.WORLD already if wheel firmware allows it. 

I hope KS will explain more what is changed in FW 2.02 now showing up as beta for more wheels. And even more how close this is ready to be a full release. 

Is this something you can share any answers to @Jack King Song

Note: I understand that you are giving a no comment yet answer too looking at how community has reacted lately. 

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I hope KS will explain more what is changed in FW 2.02 now showing up as beta for more wheels.

Firmware 2.02 release notes:

• Adapt APP to adjust the front and rear declination 
  • Adapt APP to adjust left and right shutdown angle
  • All production fault codes are sent to the APP to facilitate users to lock down the problems
  • Join the total riding time and send it to the APP
  • Optimize charging management. Resume charging after the power drops if do not unplug the charger for a long time.
  • The shutdown time can be adjusted in the app

• Like 1

8 hours ago, travsformation said:

Firmware 2.02 release notes:

• Optimize charging management. Resume charging after the power drops if do not unplug the charger for a long time.

I wonder how long "a long time" means. Also I wonder how much "power drops". I left my KS16X(FW2.02) plugged in for 3 or 4hours after fully charged using just one charger and when I was away, my wife said it gave 4 quick beeps then nothing further happened. Nothing seemed wrong when I came home and inspected either. I have been leery to leave it plugged in again unattended. I have been testing FW2.02 charging with 2 standard chargers, no problems so far. I unplug it within the hour of full charge no matter using 1 or 2 chargers and have not heard the beeps my wife reported.

Edited by Michael Tucker
typo
  • Like 1

Wait, is 2.02 officially out yet? I need to get the new app..although i cant remember if its out for android. But when i tried to connect to wheel settings on EUC World it said my wheel wasnt compatible, haha. First time for everything yey. 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 3:41 AM, Michael Tucker said:

my wife said it gave 4 quick beeps then nothing further happened.

This is the reminder alarm that you should/can remove the charger because the charging process is finished.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, seage said:

Wait, is 2.02 officially out yet? I need to get the new app..although i cant remember if its out for android. But when i tried to connect to wheel settings on EUC World it said my wheel wasnt compatible, haha. First time for everything yey. 

Beta available in iOS Softuner App...also Softuner shows different FW based on what's available at the moment on KingSong server.

Softuner will give a warning "Firmware selected is inconsistent" but it loads and works fine.

Edited by Michael Tucker
  • Like 3

On 5/13/2020 at 3:41 AM, Michael Tucker said:

I wonder how long "a long time" means. Also I wonder how much "power drops".

If you leave the wheel plugged in and unused for a couple of weeks (clearly a common scenario :efee612b4b:), and the voltage drops a little, the wheel will "accept charge" again so it's topped off?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seage said:

Technically, now that there are release notes, it should no longer be considered a beta. I know 2.02 is out for the 16X using the regular KS app and EUC World, but don't know about the 18(X)L since I already upgraded last week... :whistling:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

Technically, now that there are release notes, it should no longer be considered a beta. I know 2.02 is out for the 16X using the regular KS app and EUC World, but don't know about the 18(X)L since I already upgraded last week... :whistling:

I just checked using EUC.WORLD. My KS18L is running 2.00 and I can't see the 2.02 yet.

• Like 1