KS-16x Tire Discussion

magicrobots

1 minute ago, stephen said:

If that's the one with the green stripe then yeah 😂

Yes. I love the CX. I bought an extra one from ewheels and put it on my Nikola Plus. It made that wheel better for me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark Lee said:

Ha ha that's because you ride Z10.  I had chance to ride both tires.  I do prefer the one on this batch.

Yeah that's probably true but when i first ride the z10 it was weird but you do get used to different stuff (tyres) but which ever suits i suppose and the most you feel comfortable on 👍

Just now, Patton250 said:

Yes. I love the CX. I bought an extra one from ewheels and put it on my Nikola Plus. It made that wheel better for me. 

I don't think they would of changed it if there wasn't any complaints

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hibiki Mr.H said:

No, it's not a typo. Before KS changed from CX321 to H-5167 tire ( in 2nd batch), I found this Anti Puncture version of H-5167 and swapped out my CX321. Now KS ships their 2nd batch 16X with Regular version of H-5167.

I simply want to point out those 2 versions of H-5167 still have a little difference, even though they have the same pattern.

From my previous post in this thread, you can see the Anti Puncture ones have blue line and Regular ones have yellow line.

And for those of you who love CX321, don't worry about it, you can just ignore this unimportant information. :)

H5167.thumb.jpg.0256b026276d79c3da8dacb756e0c19d.jpg

I don’t think it’s unimportant. I think it’s great information. I’d love to try one of those tires.  I’m feeling pretty cocky since I was able to take my apart and change the Nikola tire. LOL. They say the 16X is easier so I wouldn’t mind trying. It was kind of fun. Of course I punctured the first inner tube but I guess every new guy does that once.

Im not sure why it bothers you so much that some of us like the CX. It’s no big deal man. :-)

28 minutes ago, stephen said:

If that's the one with the green stripe then yeah 😂

Stephen, I think you're a Chinese, because your description of the tire sounds Chinese. :efee612b4b:

Please be little little more specific, we talking about the round black piece of rubber with some kind of pattern with the technical type "wide, black and strong". 

I think the tire you mean is called "wide, black and not so strong." :roflmao:

11 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Stephen, I think you're a Chinese, because your description of the tire sounds Chinese. :efee612b4b:

Please be little little more specific, we talking about the round black piece of rubber with some kind of pattern with the technical type "wide, black and strong". 

I think the tire you mean is called "wide, black and not so strong." :roflmao:

Yeah that's the one 👍😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/8/2019 at 7:57 AM, magicrobots said:

Thanks @eddiemoy ! Definitely thinking about switching out the tire. In onewheeling, the tire profile makes such a huge difference in riding feel, I can imagine it's the same for EUC.

How do you get to the screws to undo for the body shell? Are they behind the padding on the sides?

You need to peel back the outer edges of foam to get to the screws. 2 screws in top and 4 in front/back sides.

On 9/1/2019 at 1:49 AM, eddiemoy said:

For those who are struggling with the CX and CST tire.  Get the CYT.  Just got mine today and it is the best tire IMO.  Rides just like the other KS wheels. Absolutely zero gyro.  Lean and it will turn.  No need to learn new technique. 

E12FA27D-BD58-4A95-B560-7E36DCD01B36.thumb.jpeg.648ba0297fc6f42dbb59fe9dd5df92ea.jpeg28F8801B-7475-48E9-9097-EC6396878A6D.thumb.jpeg.6545566687c6871d8eb9e0bd5cbd8c33.jpeg7EAABA3C-CB48-43E5-883D-B8120020B234.thumb.jpeg.3951df48ba7d3df0819c06559c75ae42.jpeg

I couldn't find it anywhere... where did you Buy? 

Thank's from Italy

18 hours ago, Wingo67 said:
On 9/1/2019 at 1:49 AM, eddiemoy said:

Thank's from Italy

Try here (prova qui 😜)

€ 40,36 | 14 inch 16 inch 18 inch formato differente CHAOYANG tubo tra cui interno del pneumatico, 2.125/2.5/3.0 dimensioni pneumatici per bici elettrica e motorino
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/KWtSiY6yF

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 12:13 AM, Wingo67 said:

Thank's from Italy

About the ChaoYang tires. ChaoYang is a brand and they make dozens of different tires. Eddiemoy got the H-5102 (MSX, 18XL v1), the Ebay link above is for the H-5167 (16X 2nd batch), and the Aliexpress link above that has pictures of both the H-5102 and a H-5146 (don’t remember which smaller EUCs comes with it).

They all ride and behave differently, especially under wet conditions. Don’t get the 5102 if the ground is ever wet where you ride.

Be aware of which tire you want to buy.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, neurokinetik said:

Tires tend not to provide their optimum grip until the mold release is scrubbed off.   Is the 5102 still a problem in wet after it's seen a couple hundred miles?  Or is it maybe just a harder compound?

It was horrible all the way from 0 to 5000km. The compound is actually on the softer side, it’s just that the shallow tread pattern doesn’t really offer anything that would grab, so it behaves almost like a slick street tire.

While I talk about wet grip, I never had notable issues on clean, wet pavement. It’s unpaved and especially dirt and grass surfaces that the H-5102 fail to grip to, unlike all other EUC tires.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure if it has been discussed or not. It seem that the code h666, H 5106 are only the code for the the pattern of the tyre, even with the same code( thus same pattern),there are actually different models using different material but their model names are in chinese. The H-5106 tyre being discussed here is actually the cheapest model available in their 16x3.0 series. As far as I know, there are 4 different model ,with some using Kevlar material. For example, while with the same pattern H666, there are actually two different tyre one being called 大力神 and another being "無敵威龍”, the former Claimed to have added a thicker cushioning layer to lengthen the lifespan while the latter (which is the most expensive one) claimed to have Kevlar material to massively improve anti-puncture ability. Please refer to the photo below. The upper 2 tyre are the one I mentioned above. They have similar pattern and both being H-666 but the upper one is 無敵威龍 and the middle one also having H-666 pattern but called 大力神( you can tell from the different chinese letter).

http://img1.tbcdn.cn/tfscom/i1/908425035/TB2PEXtmFXXXXX8XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!908425035.jpg

Anyone have tried the difference between these tyres?

In my understanding the anti-puncture layer that ChaoYang offers to many (if not all) of their tires is an added protection layer inside the tire, right next to the inner tube. I don’t know if they offer just Kevlar and standard versions, or Kevlar, toughened and standard. The different versions are marked with a yellow or blue stripe along the tire surface. I don’t remember which colour is for which model though.

The main factor for grip and handling is the tread pattern anyway, and since it is difficult to get even that one correct from Chinese sellers, it’s not surprising that the anti-puncture layer or even possibly different rubber compounds do not get much attention.

EDIT: Oh, btw, in the picture linked in the above post there are small differences in the tread pattern of the two H-666 versions. Get this: My H-666 is the topmost pattern, but being a non-Kevlar version it has the sidewall texts and labels from the middle tire! :facepalm:

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Current Tire, Chao Yang 5167. Miles:  4,200.   This is the tire I learned how to ride with so it’s all I know.  I almost exclusively ride street.

The choices eWheels is offering me are:

• Chao Yang 5146 (looks very similar to mine)
  • CST C-1488

Please advise, thanks!

I can compare V10F "CST" type and Chao Yang 5167 (my) 16X newest model stock tire.

Chao Yang 5167 suits me very much I have no reason to change.

That's why I made a supply. The "new" 16X stock tire will probably be more economical for the battery.

Chao Yang 5167 I feel more control = more rolling resistance.

I used all the tires at 2.8 bar 40 psi. This is my personal experience I am just an 🐷 EUC user.

• Like 1