KS-16x Tire Discussion

magicrobots

I got my 16x with CST tyre. It rode just fine to me without much of that gyro feel or something it only was more slippery on wet roads for some reason. Anyways I just began to wonder where kingsong sends 16x with CST and where they send it with CYT.

I bought my wheel directly off china from my dealer, charger comes with 110V plug as well. So it can be seen as inner land production or something. But I also see some members on this forum having CST so got confused. My community members that recently bought 16x from my country's official distributor all got it in CYT tyre(except 1st production cx tyre). And no one seems to have CST before me within our community so far. Anyways I dont know which tyre feels better but soon will try it out only if I could do something about that case interference with the tyre. :(

20200420_170955.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DannyK said:

I got my 16x with CST tyre. It rode just fine to me without much of that gyro feel or something it only was more slippery on wet roads for some reason. Anyways I just began to wonder where kingsong sends 16x with CST and where they send it with CYT.

I bought my wheel directly off china from my dealer, charger comes with 110V plug as well. So it can be seen as inner land production or something. But I also see some members on this forum having CST so got confused. My community members that recently bought 16x from my country's official distributor all got it in CYT tyre(except 1st production cx tyre). And no one seems to have CST before me within our community so far. Anyways I dont know which tyre feels better but soon will try it out only if I could do something about that case interference with the tyre. :(

20200420_170955.jpg

Due a lot of people complaining about first batch tire and what seems to popular mindset called gyro effect KS have shipped wheels with different tires. I have not followed this closely as my KS16X is first batch and the so called gyro effect is a trademark of how the KS16X behaves that I like. Once understood it works with you as I see it.

To me all the talk about tire choices is pointless. All wheels (not just EUCs) have a gyro effect when spinning around. How much you feel it is a different matter. But what your personal preference as a rider that is something only you can decide upon.

In my opinion it is a something that helps to keep me on my edge, same as the edge following behaviour too. It can be scary at first but after a while you adapt to this and you control this subconsciously. For me it took 300+ km.

It is going to be interesting to see if the V11 behaves in the same manner. I am looking forward to get my V11. Right now I am mainly riding my KS16X as I think it is a fun ride.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, stephen said:

So does anyone want to swap the CX tyre for a CYT tyre , it does anyone know where I can buy one 👍 

hi also i'm looking for a dalishen CX321. on aliexpress I only find CST ... how is CST?

I mount a chao yang on ks 16x

i have it on msuper pro the cst won't change much on ks 16x..i think

Edited by alex5454

17 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

I had all three tires on my 16X and i would say the CST is a mix between CYT and CX. It has less Gyro feel than the CX but definitely more than the CYT.

Seems a good option if needed next 👍

42 minutes ago, alex5454 said:

hi also i'm looking for a dalishen CX321. on aliexpress I only find CST ... how is CST?

I mount a chao yang on ks 16x

i have it on msuper pro the cst won't change much on ks 16x..i think

I can't find them either but I did manage to get one the last one 😁

19 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

I had all three tires on my 16X and i would say the CST is a mix between CYT and CX. It has less Gyro feel than the CX but definitely more than the CYT.

You got a link for that  tyre 👍

2 hours ago, stephen said:

You got a link for that  tyre 👍

Unicycles.eu have both chaoyang (list as KS) and cst tire (list as Nikola). 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 5:39 PM, Unventor said:

Due a lot of people complaining about first batch tire and what seems to popular mindset called gyro effect KS have shipped wheels with different tires. I have not followed this closely as my KS16X is first batch and the so called gyro effect is a trademark of how the KS16X behaves that I like. Once understood it works with you as I see it.

To me all the talk about tire choices is pointless. All wheels (not just EUCs) have a gyro effect when spinning around. How much you feel it is a different matter. But what your personal preference as a rider that is something only you can decide upon.

In my opinion it is a something that helps to keep me on my edge, same as the edge following behaviour too. It can be scary at first but after a while you adapt to this and you control this subconsciously. For me it took 300+ km.

It is going to be interesting to see if the V11 behaves in the same manner. I am looking forward to get my V11. Right now I am mainly riding my KS16X as I think it is a fun ride.

I went from the first series (321) to the CY but I must be honest the latter does not give me safety at high speed ... I am undecided whether to return to the first tire, which I liked very much (gyro effect) apart from the excessive sensitivity to asphalt bumps. CY made the 16x "trivial" look like a 16s with more power. I repeat the only flaw of the original 321 was that it was necessary to keep it low in pressure to avoid that bad feeling on the asphalt especially on the longitudinal disconnections. I'm seriously thinking about trying the CST which perhaps maintains that "particular" effect of self-stability that I liked a lot on the 321.

33 minutes ago, Wingo67 said:

I'm seriously thinking about trying the CST which perhaps maintains that "particular" effect of self-stability that I liked a lot on the 321.

Still waiting delivery of the cst i might see how it feels wheel it arrives but so far the cx321 is excellent but i can't find them anywhere now

does anyone know if the CST (Nikola tyre) has more or less "gyro" effect than the CY H-666 ? 

I am undecided between to buy one of these two, as I said CY 5167 is too "nervous" for my tastes exceeding 40KMH...

I just want to note that I bought a 16X from a batch that was delivered to the distributor (eunicycles.eu) at the end of May and it came with the CST C-1488* tire, same as @DannyK.

It's my first EUC so I can't make any useful comparisons.

*Actually it says C-1488-232 which I've never seen anyone mention but assume is the same. Tread looks the same.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 11:25 AM, jancellor said:

I just want to note that I bought a 16X from a batch that was delivered to the distributor (eunicycles.eu) at the end of May and it came with the CST C-1488* tire, same as @DannyK.

It's my first EUC so I can't make any useful comparisons.

*Actually it says C-1488-232 which I've never seen anyone mention but assume is the same. Tread looks the same.

Great starting point.... ;-) 

16 minutes ago, Bhala said:

Nope,, this is the CX tire you can tell by the green line too 

IMG-20200613-WA0030.jpg

1 hour ago, Bhala said:

"Nope,, this is the CX tire you can tell by the green line too."

Ok. Thanks!

The hunt continues..

It's called a dalishen CX321 i can post pics of side and tread if you need them 👍

On 6/12/2020 at 5:50 PM, Wingo67 said:

does anyone know if the CST (Nikola tyre) has more or less "gyro" effect than the CY H-666 ? 

I am undecided between to buy one of these two, as I said CY 5167 is too "nervous" for my tastes exceeding 40KMH...

I haven’t ridden enough on a 18x3” C-1488 to form a proper opinion, and at all on a 16x3” H-666. But for what it’s worth, I’ve ridden lots on a 18x3” H-666, and it is the nicest 18x3” tire I’ve ever tried. It’s authority during turns is something unique allowing a lot faster cornering speeds, and I do think it is more stable than the rest at speed as well.

I would absolutely go for the H-666 first, on any wheel and any purpose.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stephen said:

Can't seem to find them anywhere these days ☹️

I found out where to buy the CX 321 for the Kingsong 16 X . 

So pm me if you want to know. 

I guess its not ok to promote a seller in this tread.