KS-16x Tire Discussion

magicrobots

12 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I haven’t ridden enough on a 18x3” C-1488 to form a proper opinion, and at all on a 16x3” H-666. But for what it’s worth, I’ve ridden lots on a 18x3” H-666, and it is the nicest 18x3” tire I’ve ever tried. It’s authority during turns is something unique allowing a lot faster cornering speeds, and I do think it is more stable than the rest at speed as well.

I would absolutely go for the H-666 first, on any wheel and any purpose.

Thank's but did you find more "giro" effect on it? 

Take care 

Nicolo

7 hours ago, Wingo67 said:

Thank's but did you find more "giro" effect on it?

I haven’t tried the C-1488 and H-666 in the same size for long enough to say. There is so much more to a tire behavior than the gyro effect after all.

On 6/19/2020 at 11:54 AM, Bhala said:

I found out where to buy the CX 321 for the Kingsong 16 X . 

So pm me if you want to know. 

I guess its not ok to promote a seller in this tread. 

I would really like to know where to order a CX321 please  :laughbounce2:

Well I have not been riding my KS16X with CX321 for like 4 weeks now. Just got it back from service at lunch today. With a CYT tire on it. It was pumped harder than I normally ride, and with new control boar too. So I guess Now I am to upgrade to FW 2.02, get a bit of air out and then test ride it. 

If it is bad I can swap back to my old CX321 tire, it only have 1000km  (or 980ish) on it anyway. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well I have not been riding my KS16X with CX321 for like 4 weeks now. Just got it back from service at lunch today. With a CYT tire on it. It was pumped harder than I normally ride, and with new control boar too. So I guess Now I am to upgrade to FW 2.02, get a bit of air out and then test ride it. 

If it is bad I can swap back to my old CX321 tire, it only have 1000km  (or 980ish) on it anyway. 

The cyt is fast and leans good but i prefer the feel of the CX tyre it makes the 16x unique 

3 hours ago, stephen said:

The cyt is fast and leans good but i prefer the feel of the CX tyre it makes the 16x unique 

I just came home after ridning the first 10 km to unlock the new control board. 

Now it is a bit hard to compare as I am now on new version on control board (expect latest version as I had to wait for it to clear EU custom import) and fw 2.02 vs 1st batch board and fw 1.07. 

On top of this I had not ridden it for about 4 weeks. 

Ot was shaky at first. But checked pressure and set it to 27-28psi. 

But it felt good at 30kmh my normal cruise speed. And that I don't have to worry about range.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

That link only took me to the main page.
A friend showed me this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/CX321-ELECTRIC-BICYCLE-TYRE_60241478271.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.2388348aZgPIQL

But... min order 200 units lol.

The friend is the "F" some messages above :clap3: Thank you my friend! One day we will find...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bhala said:

Sorry, but im not used to this kind of board.

No way to edit posts, no way to post images. And urls not working. Sorry...

https://pasteboard.co/JeWdGUo.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/JeWeHSC.jpg

Where did you get it? The 16X riders around the world are wondering. 

Here's yet another comparison. CST C-1488 vs CYT H-5167 (with puncture protection, blue stripe). Comparing both tires at 1.6bar (~23psi) for a 60kg (132lb) rider. I have 400km on the C-1488 as a new rider vs only 15km today [edit: 500km] on the H-5167.

At walking speed, the C-1488 turns tighter than the H-5167.

In turns at 25-35kph, the C-1488 wants to stay more upright than the rider requiring more weight on the inside leg than the H-5167. The effect is very noticeable on the former and quite subtle on the latter.

Going straight at 25-35kph, the C-1488 is less directionally stable (makes small changes in direction from bumps and rider input) than the H-5167.

The C-1488 feels less safe at speed (despite having very little time on the H-5167) but maybe more fun!? [Edit: I'd say the latter is simply safer due to much less random movements and more balanced foot weight in turns and the fun comes with confidence after adapting.]

I believe all effects are simply the result of the C-1488 naturally making a tighter turn for a given roll angle than the H-5167.

Haven't been much above 35kph on the C-1488, so no comparison there.

Edited by jancellor
500km update
  • Like 2

On 6/30/2020 at 8:50 AM, phatmike said:

Did anyone try the Kenda 16x3? I had it on a KS18L (18x2.50) and it was excellent. I think I’m going to order one of this

I think you had a good idea, let us know how you are! I also have the 18L and it is perfect!

23 hours ago, jancellor said:

Here's yet another comparison. CST C-1488 vs CYT H-5167 (with puncture protection, blue stripe). Comparing both tires at 1.6bar (~23psi) for a 60kg (132lb) rider. I have 400km on the C-1488 as a new rider vs only 15km today on the H-5167. I'll update if my view changes.

At walking speed, the C-1488 turns tighter than the H-5167.

In turns at 25-35kph, the C-1488 wants to stay more upright requiring more weight on the inside leg than the H-5167.

Going straight at 25-35kph, the C-1488 is less directionally stable (makes small changes in direction from bumps and rider input) than the H-5167.

The C-1488 feels less safe at speed (despite having very little time on the H-5167) but maybe more fun!?

I believe all three effects are simply the result of the C-1488 naturally making a tighter turn for a given roll angle than the H-5167.

but the CST how does above 40 kmh behave compared to 5167 ?