KS-16x Tire Discussion

magicrobots

2 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

It didn’t look hard when Benni from 1radwerkstatt did it for me. :laughbounce2:

Next time i do it myself.

Here is a good step by step description how to change the tire from @Hibiki Mr.H

Lol

You know I’m still not entirely convinced these tires need to be changed. I still believe the factory tested tons of these things and chose this one for a reason. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Patton250 said:

I’m jealous that are you guys know how to change on these things. It looks like a major pain in the ass to me. 

For me looks easy, the only problem could be the side pads. I'm not sure if one can remove it without destroying it. 

Edited by buell47

1 hour ago, Patton250 said:

and chose this one for a reason. 

Yep and the reason was the CST or CYT were not available. 

I bet the next batches come with a different tire. ;)

When we took the stock tire off the rim we where all surprised how soft the tire is, really strange.

Iam quite happy with the CST but i hope i will get the CYT to try that as well.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

In my case they already start peeling without me touching them ...

Really? Mine are fine. 

How many km have you got?

Are you going to 1radwerkstatt tomorrow?

Edited by RoadRunner

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

Yep and the reason was the CST or CYT were not available. 

I bet the next batches come with a different tire. ;)

When we took the stock tire off the rim we where all surprised how soft the tire is, really strange.

Iam quite happy with the CST but i hope i will get the CYT to try that as well.

So you are saying you know for a fact had other tires been available they would’ve use those instead? 

15 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Really? Mine are fine. 

Some edges are loosening slighly. Nothing dramatic.

How many km have you got?

About 180 I think. Not that much, and I barely touch the shell with my legs.

Are you going to 1radwerkstatt tomorrow?

Yup. Leaving home at 8:30. Will be there about 6h later if all goes well. #roadtrip #flatout :lol:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

So you are saying you know for a fact had other tires been available they would’ve use those instead? 

I’m not saying anything, sometimes i just have a good brain fart that tells me what’s going on. :laughbounce2:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Patton250 said:

The CYT was not available last time. They have ordered 2000 pieces. Upcoming 16X are with CYT (they said H-5146, but how knows, H-5167 could also be possible), but Dalishen CX321/CX327 will be used also further. 

I will try first the CXT C-1488, because these are available here in Germany. On my next vacation in China I will buy CYT H-5167. 🙂

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, buell47 said:

The CYT was not available last time. They have ordered 2000 pieces. Upcoming 16X are with CYT (they said H-5146, but how knows, H-5167 could also be possible), but Dalishen CX321/CX327 will be used also further. 

I will try first the CXT C-1488, because these are available here in Germany. On my next vacation in China I will buy CYT H-5167. 🙂

Do you study tires or something?  Are you in the tire business? You seem like an expert. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Do you study tires or something?  Are you in the tire business? You seem like an expert. 

No, not at all. :D

I am professionally only active in the sports car and historic motor sports sector, but this does not benefit me in terms of tyres. :)

7 minutes ago, buell47 said:

No, not at all. :D

I am professionally only active in the sports car and historic motor sports sector, but this does not benefit me in terms of tyres. :)

I ask because I have friends in the tire business that can rattle off model numbers like you do. But they do it every day for a living.  I could look up the models you were referring to but they would just be on a master list with dozens of other model numbers. I wouldn’t know what any of them look like or how they would affect our 16X.  I guess I’m still pretty confused as to why everyone seems to be obsessed with changing the tire on this wheel.  If it was remarkably easy to do I wouldn’t mind getting three or four of them and trying them out myself. But it’s not easy to do. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t know what any of them look like

Cheat sheet (with photos):

how they would affect our 16X.

My reviews on a few of them in size 16x2.5” (more reviews from actual 16X tire swaps earlier in this thread, and the main 16X thread):

I guess I’m still pretty confused as to why everyone seems to be obsessed with changing the tire on this wheel.

I think the points go to @eddiemoy and @houseofjob on that one, as IIRC they were the ones being most vocal on the 16X pre-production demo wheel feeling so different to ride compared to the earlier prototype with a different tire.

Or 16X users just simply noticed a behaviour they don’t like, and after being discussed here, realized that the tire that hasn’t been seen on any other EUC before, is the most probable culprit.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/21/2019 at 12:08 AM, RoadRunner said:

Awesome these guys are really cool tell them i said hi. :cheers:

Sorry, saw it too late :)

Anyway

Ready to go

W2272WH.jpg\

Done!

UarMc4k.jpg

And back home!

FGrqB7E.jpg

Hopefully testing it a high speed tonight. Had a ride with the guys there but I never got fast enough to try hard braking. It feels ok to ride with for the rest.

There was one guy with the original tyre and he had zero complaints about stability, but he is a heavier dude.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

Well my 16X arrived today 

Tire is the H5167 Chao Yang

20190823_104342_resize_8.jpg

20190823_104431_resize_76.jpg

20190823_104350_resize_35.jpg

20190823_104358_resize_20.jpg

Nice!  Does it have any gyro feel to the wheel?  Good that they went with the CYT.  What is funny is the first batch with the CX321 ties will be rare now.  Anyone looking for the gyro feel will be out of luck!  Good thing I still have that tire.

Edited by eddiemoy

7 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Nice!  Does it have any gyro feel to the wheel?  Good that they went with the CYT.  What is funny is the first batch with the CX321 ties will be rare now.  Anyone looking for the gyro feel will be out of luck!  Good thing I still have that tire.

Can't say I have noticed the gyro effect as my wheel is still locked a 20KPH

So trying to locate the hack to remove read it here somewhere 

Edited by Gaz Bon

20 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

Can't say I have noticed the gyro effect as my wheel is still locked a 20KPH

So trying to locate the hack to remove read it here somewhere 

There is no hack.

Just register your wheel through the KingSong app and you can unlock it to 50km/h.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Just register your wheel through the KingSong app and you can unlock it to 50km/h.

To be precise, 40km/h is the top speed at first. It used to be for 200km but I think they lowered the distance with the latest firmware updates.

• Like 1