Being a total idiot and testing the max speed

wuppi

My mouth dropped while reading about your accident. You’re one lucky man having pulled though this without major surgical intervention. I appreciate your willingness to share your story and sincerely hope others wishing to obtain a land speed record will think twice about themselves and their family  before attempting such a stunt. Be well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

Funny, we in the US get told that Europe is the place where you can't have any freedoms and every thing is banned, regulated, or over-taxed. What is this conspiracy? 

I can't help laughing when reading this. 

You have not felt the over-taxed yet...look up tax system of Denmark. Yet Danes show up to be amongst the happiest nation in many international polles done in many years now. 

4 hours ago, Hatchet said:

When someone acting this dumb (sorry, my opinion) gets himself or someone else killed, we are all going to pay a price.

I am 120% with you on this. This behavoiur posted here is why it is hard to get EUCs road laws approwed so an EUC becomes usefull instead of a kids toy.

@Marty Backe despite you are allowed to kill yourself as you stated, far from all are smart enought to succed despite trying real hard, hench the tread here.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kasenutty said:

Funny, we in the US get told that Europe is the place where you can't have any freedoms and every thing is banned, regulated, or over-taxed. What is this conspiracy? 

It's those "flat-earthers!"

It's their way of starting you thinking that everything you know may not be quite right... And then they have their foot in the door...

3 hours ago, wuppi said:

I don't understand why you're poking at me, since I don't mean to boast or make it about me. Rolling is the only way to (relatively) safely disperse the potential energy you have in your body at these speeds. It is taught in parkour, martial arts and, as far as I know, in extreme sports involving bikes and motorbikes, to the point where it comes instinctively.

Put your money where your mouth is and use your rolling as your form of protection for the next year.  Post back here after your next high speed crash.  Flow has shown that he's been successful rolling.  You guys don't need helmets or wrist guards because you're able to direct where you impact the ground.  

Edited by mezzanine
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

@dmethvinwhen do you think you'll be riding again? 

Don't tell my wife but I've been riding a bit already, almost 50 miles this month.

The MCL is healed and the ACL ain't doing nothing since it's totally torn but can be fixed whenever. Some people don't even get it fixed but I think I will. The main problem remaining is the meniscus, they need to go in and trim it up to reduce the irritation. I'm starting a new job next month so I need to figure out how to do that and get surgery plus PT. 

• Like 3

On 5/16/2018 at 6:06 PM, Marty Backe said:

I'm confused. What exactly is banned here, relative to the discussion at hand? With very few exceptions there are zero laws regarding EUC usage here in the States. Regarding recreation I'm having a hard time thinking of what's banned?

We have some stupid laws regarding seat belts and helmets but we're pretty much free to go out and kill ourselves in a multitude of sporting activities if we so wish :unsure:

@RayRay got kicked off a trail just recently. 

• Like 1