Being a total idiot and testing the max speed

wuppi

16 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It's to kill other people first before they kill you.  :eff01bbbfc:  There's like an amendment about it.  Didn't you get the memo?

Ohhh yes... Mad Max...it is JUST a movie. Despite Mr. Trump claims it is a documentary.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fell off a Solowheel last year in much the same way. Found a smooth stretch of sidewalk with no pedestrians, decided to kick it up to max speed just for fun (completely unaware of the risks). Made that decision probably at 9.8 mph near the end of the journey, which meant that I was "used" to that speed and didn't realize how fast I was going. The max speed is 10, so the wheel started to tilt back almost immediately, as I was shifting weight forward to accelerate. The motor didn't have any power left to give to lift me up, so it simply cut off, and I ate the ground. Put me out of commission for a week, but I didn't need any stitches or surgeries. I was dumb and complacent, wearing 0 gear. My response was to (eventually) buy a better wheel with a much more powerful motor, and to stay well below its limits. I probably capped my Solowheel speed at 5 or 6 mph, just barely above walking speed, until I got a new wheel. 

The key point I wish I had been told early on is to never, ever, ever ride an EUC at its limits. If you're riding a wheel at its limit (speed, torque, battery level), and you either try to speed up, try to go uphill, or hit a bump, all it can do is cut off and throw you. And there's nothing you can do, because you probably won't be expecting it when it happens.

13 hours ago, novazeus said:

this is florida. i’ve been harrassed riding my motorcycles and when i used to inline skate. i always carried a gun. probably why a concealed weapons permit is so popular in florida. it ain’t all disneyworld.

This is slightly off-topic, but you're most likely to use a gun on someone you know than someone you don't.

12 hours ago, novazeus said:

i can see marco island and key biscayne making the list. die of boredom in marco island.

so yeah, to be safe in florida, u need to be on an island.

the middle of the state, big time dangerous rednecks, lots of meth, probably some klan members.

We've got a week on sanibel island and then a week in orlando at a villa, I think we're going to get a seaworld/bush/aquatica ticket for the 7 days as its pretty cheap if you buy in the uk, and the missus dad wants to do ATV's with me in orlando.

Any suggestions of other things to do, personally I want to go check out the craft breweries round orlando

Got to agree with pretty much everything @novazeus has said here. I do ride almost exclusively on the road though (but I pick the roads I use carefully) because I don't want the potential trouble of my wheel striking a person at speed in an accident and I don't want to ride at 10mph all the time on a sidewalk. I choose to take the risk of injury riding an EUC. It's not fair to pass that risk onto others by riding near them quickly. Nor do I want to be charged with injuring someone on my illegal transportation device.

And dogs are way better than humans. 99% of dogs are awesome. 99% of humans...well they aren't (polite phasing). Oh and I wasn't this cynical before I moved to Tampa so there is definitely something up with this area. I read the other day that Florida is the most transient state in the US and nearly all people who move here with dreams of relaxing retirements or beach life with their family move back out after a few years because of weather, pay, living expenses, and the transient no-community feel of the neighbourhood.

14 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You know, sometimes the way you talk about Bob, and your use of the phrase above, makes me think you're starting to lose the distinction between dog and man :whistling:

27326322907_1005128d27_b.jpg

:roflmao:

i lived in ft myers for 5 years. ft myers is a great place. newly wed, nearly dead.

the thing that i thought was so cool when i first moved there in 1990, at the lani kai on ft myers beach, u could throw ur towel down and a cocktail waitress would be there taking ur drink order. i have a tendency to like to hang out with younger women and sanibel is a bitch getting on and off on so i spent more time on ft myers beach. i’ve inline skated that whole trail to the beach. would be great for wheels.  

maybe check out edisons museum in ft myers. on sunday they use to have reggae at this two story restaurant otw to ft myers beach. nvm, just looked it up and i see it closed. naples will be dead this time of year.

i lived in orlando for two years in the 80’s. hardly recognize it now.

that sb a helluva fun trip. stay on the beaten path and u will be fine. just like vegas. we protect our tourists.

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

The Mten3 is actually Marty 1, but you're pretty damn close!

Hilarious :D

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i lived in ft myers for 5 years. ft myers is a great place. newly wed, nearly dead.

the thing that i thought was so cool when i first moved there in 1990, at the lani kai on ft myers beach, u could throw ur towel down and a cocktail waitress would be there taking ur drink order. i have a tendency to like to hang out with younger women and sanibel is a bitch getting on and off on so i spent more time on ft myers beach. i’ve inline skated that whole trail to the beach. would be great for wheels.  

maybe check out edisons museum in ft myers. on sunday they use to have reggae at this two story restaurant otw to ft myers beach. nvm, just looked it up and i see it closed. naples will be dead this time of year.

i lived in orlando for two years in the 80’s. hardly recognize it now.

that sb a helluva fun trip. stay on the beaten path and u will be fine. just like vegas. we protect our tourists.

Cheers :)

5 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Got to agree with pretty much everything @novazeus has said here. I do ride almost exclusively on the road though (but I pick the roads I use carefully) because I don't want the potential trouble of my wheel striking a person at speed in an accident and I don't want to ride at 10mph all the time on a sidewalk. I choose to take the risk of injury riding an EUC. It's not fair to pass that risk onto others by riding near them quickly. Nor do I want to be charged with injuring someone on my illegal transportation device.

And dogs are way better than humans. 99% of dogs are awesome. 99% of humans...well they aren't (polite phasing). Oh and I wasn't this cynical before I moved to Tampa so there is definitely something up with this area. I read the other day that Florida is the most transient state in the US and nearly all people who move here with dreams of relaxing retirements or beach life with their family move back out after a few years because of weather, pay, living expenses, and the transient no-community feel of the neighbourhood.

living and working alone on a cattle ranch, at least one dog, isn’t an option, it’s a necessity.

can u imagine what a difficult decision it was for me to adopt Bob(i bought him but he is my son) with my cancer prognosis hanging over my head. 

i figured, if i did a great job of raising Bob, they’d be no shortage of people that wanted him if i was gonna die, so i pulled the trigger on this long term marriage. best decision of my life. i’m learning things thru Bob’s eyes in this second life i’ve been given, i never would have otherwise. u have no idea how much comfort and companionship Bob has given me living here alone on the ranch. i’ve had lots of dogs but none as awesome as Bob. 

st pete is waay better than it use to be. i mean waay better. very impressed with downtown, but u still gotta remember where u are at and be aware.

the tampa bay area is perfect for euc’s with our trails and flat terrain and it being too hot to walk, so i wish there was a determination on if euc’s can be used here. 

how much fun would gulf blvd be along the beach? 

i know i could sell thousands of wheels here if the legality of use was cleaned up. waay cheaper and waay safer than a harley. year round riding.

It's funny because we are going Florida with my girlfriend's parents and her dad got given 9 month to live with small cell lung cancer just as I met her, we have now been together 4 and a bit years and he's coming with us, I'm 99% sure it's because he's a stubborn bastard but so am I and I guess that's why we get along

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The Mten3 is actually Marty 1, but you're pretty damn close!

Hilarious :D

only 7?

i’ve only been riding 4 months barely and i have 7, u gotta step it up and get a v10f!

1 minute ago, Cannings said:

It's funny because we are going Florida with my girlfriend's parents and her dad got given 9 month to live with small cell lung cancer just as I met her, we have now been together 4 and a bit years and he's coming with us, I'm 99% sure it's because he's a stubborn bastard but so am I and I guess that's why we get along

please, just google “cannabis oil lung cancer”. i don’t think cannabis oil works, i know it works. two women i’ve never met, i counseled about cannabis oil and it saved their lives. one had 26 mets and lung cancer along with brain cancer. doing fine enjoying life. 

don’t confuse cbd oil with cannabis oil. it’s the thc that kills the cancer cells. it’s also the psychoactive part that does make taking it difficult. u gotta start small and work up. 

google “rick simpson phoenix tears” and “dennis hill” run from the cure. these guy’s testimonials and rick’s instructions on making cannabis oil saved my life.

7 minutes ago, novazeus said:

only 7?

i’ve only been riding 4 months barely and i have 7, u gotta step it up and get a v10f!

People think I have a lot of wheels, but there are a lot of silent people out there with more.

To be honest, you can't really call your Ninebot wheels 'real wheels' ;)

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

People think I have a lot of wheels, but there are a lot of silent people out there with more.

:laughbounce2: Hey, I resemble that remark.

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

ya, they’re fine in florida. i’m not sure if wheels were design for mountain climbing. 

u need a wheel with a little diesel engine. then u can disparage my little ninebots.

i’ve got two little gfs i’m gonna get started on the s1’s when they get brave/unlazy enough. i know they’ll like it. coincidentally they are both asian. 

4 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I use cannabis oil every day, and Novazeus is right. It's saved both my kids lives several times over during times when I probably should have killed them but was high on BHO Shatter :D

u vape that stuff don’t u? 

try ingesting cannabis oil. start with like 1/10 of a ml. like a grain of rice size. 

lmk what u think.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

:confused1:

:blink:

:cry2:

:crying:

:efee8c29ce:

:efeed51798:

:angry:

:eff04a58a6:

*pulls out E+, whispers soothingly: "It's ok buddy. I'll always love you. Just ignore the bad man..."

*Puts E+ away, sneaks out back with cell phone, calls @Jason McNeil: "Yes, I'd like to put in an order for for a new MSuper please... yes... uhuh.... expedited shipping, fastest you've got..."

19 hours ago, Arbolest said:

*pulls out E+, whispers soothingly: "It's ok buddy. I'll always love you. Just ignore the bad man..."

i know, really. wheel snobbery.

anyways for the rest of us, santa amazon brought me a cheapie euc stand. seems to work fine for the ks16s and the littler "non-wheels".

edit: too flimsy for the 16s, could work but very marginal. course i might have strained it to much putting the 18s on it. 

Tetra-Teknica Essentials Series GS01 Folding Guitar Stand, Color Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CDC4I4Q?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

20180518_18131320180518_19162620180518_191732

17 minutes ago, Arbolest said:

*Puts E+ away, sneaks out back with cell phone, calls @Jason McNeil: "Yes, I'd like to put in an order for for a new MSuper please... yes... uhuh.... expedited shipping, fastest you've got..."

People mock the Ninebot, but let's see them do tricks like these on their wheels.  :whistling:  @Jonathan Tolhurst when are we gonna see some KingSong tricks?  Didn't they deliver a wheel to you a while ago?  The Ninebot One E+ isn't the fastest wheel with the longest range, but it's a good all rounder.   Fast enough for some fun, safe enough not to drop you, and the possibilities for a light tossable wheel can't be under-estimated.  It's more a last mile wheel than a long range touring wheel.  It's nimble, sleek, and reliable.  For its age and era, I think it was a top choice and still serves many people well.  

But that doesn't mean I don't love my Tesla too.  :wub:

21 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

People mock the Ninebot, but let's see them do tricks like these on their wheels.  :whistling:  @Jonathan Tolhurst when are we gonna see some KingSong tricks?  Didn't they deliver a wheel to you a while ago?  The Ninebot One E+ isn't the fastest wheel with the longest range, but it's a good all rounder.   Fast enough for some fun, safe enough not to drop you, and the possibilities for a light tossable wheel can't be under-estimated.  It's more a last mile wheel than a long range touring wheel.  It's nimble, sleek, and reliable.  For its age and era, I think it was a top choice and still serves many people well.  

But that doesn't mean I don't love my Tesla too.  :wub:

That video makes me supremely happy... Aaaaaaaand now I have to go ride mine for a while. Be back later xD

12 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@Marty Backe you got got to put in Jr. on those names. But I for see a fault on this pic though...No Mrs Marty Jr. listed you got to get a pink wheel someday. Or atleast a lady colour ?....and if you get a different brand does this mean you have been....naughty/unfaithful to you wife?

On 5/18/2018 at 3:11 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe driving to a safer location to ride might be a good idea, or ride with others in a pack!  There's safety in numbers!  Isn't @Shabba down in FL too?

I find sometimes that our biases, past bad experiences, and downward outlook can often cloud how we view our world.  Take for example New York City.  You hear about the crazy crimes and muggings, but there are tons of riders there who don't get hassled. @houseofjob, @Cloud is NYC a terrible place to go riding around?

I find that if you have a negative view, you tend to see only the negatives or tend to interpret situations that way.  Dogs are better than humans, Florida is a land of crazy drivers, that guy looking at your wheel wants to attack you, etc etc.  

It's true that we inherently influence ourselves and make a large part of our own reality in our minds.  Those thoughts can limit us and place restrictions on what we want to do even though in reality there is no barrier there.  It can be difficult to break free of certain mindsets, but what's better - to think the world is doom and gloom and against you or to think that the world is your oyster for the taking?  It's time to make some Floridanade!

He sure freakin is in Florida! ????????????

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

@Marty Backe you got got to put in Jr. on those names. But I for see a fault on this pic though...No Mrs Marty Jr. listed you got to get a pink wheel someday. Or atleast a lady colour ?....and if you get a different brand does this mean you have been....naughty/unfaithful to you wife?

BTW, that's a KingSong KS14S on the far right - a daily rider.

Archived