THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

it’s not all bad living offgrid in the woods.

greta wouldn’t last 24 hours out here living like i do.

morning ride home with my overnight amazon delivery on my s18.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

First thing you see when come home - wheel garage. (Or at least first thing you see, at the end of road.)

And the classic ballerina stand.:D

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

why the beeps (0:24 & 0:57)   riding to slow? :cheers:  or just 10% batt left ?

5 hours ago, Robse said:

why the beeps (0:24 & 0:57)   riding to slow? :cheers:  or just 10% batt left ?

haha, at first i thought, wtf is he talking about, riding too slow, i never heard the beeps while riding. i can barely hear the beeps on the utube video. 

i was trying to help out @supercuriowith his psa inmotion problem so i tried to see wtf the vibration setting is in the king song app so i set the first alarm at 12mph. normally it would be at 29mph or whatever the max is for first alarm. there is no vibration but evidently there are faint beeps that i couldn't hear at all. 

so here's another project or psa for @supercurio. king songs warning beeps are too faint to be heard. especially over the grinding noise of the shit jiluer tire and too tight fender picking up aggregate and scraping. 

so all these alarm settings on the s18 are useless for me evidently. i guess tilt back works but i haven't hit 31 mph on this wheel. 

battery was at 71% btw. 

i was going slow, because if u look close, i have all these tiny birds following me and landing in front of me like i was in a disney movie. it's like a game they play to see if they can get run over.

• Haha 1

i spent the last 4 days trying to find this newborn calf. found it btw. alive and got a pint of milk in him while his 1200 pound mama was pawing the ground and growling at me.

two days on the s22 getting beaten up. my pastures are very rough. 

the next two days, i just walked the ranch.

wheels are great for trails and roads but i'm thinking for actually doing recon, i'm gonna have to get something like this. 

save the wheels for pavement and the rare event i leave the ranch. and hopefully exercise Bob.

just curious if anybody has seen one in the wild, or knows of a better e-dirtbike. i have a 2006 ktm 525 exc but it's lots of maintenance and it needs gas to run. 

28 minutes ago, novazeus said:

just curious if anybody has seen one in the wild, or knows of a better e-dirtbike

The Segway X260 is basically a rebranded Sur-ron e-dirt bike, with Sur-ron having a very popular following in this sector for a number of years now.

Google Sur-ron for more in-depth info, videos and upgrades from the many owners out there for what has become a well renowned and capable off-road e-dirt bike, albeit claimed to be a little small/compact for some taller riders!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Overleans and cutouts are again a hot topic. Here's my take on what I think every rider should know and understand:

Most excellent, very well done and informative. Please pin this post for easy access. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StarStriker13 said:

I'd appreciate any feedback you have. Enjoy!

Nice! I appreciate the effort to produce non-distorted footage. Ya, the fish bowl look makes it look like you are going twice as fast but I for one have a difficult time watching videos like that.

I noticed a few close calls. Maybe consider a tether for off-roading?

So was this area north of SF? Santa Rosa, Novato?? Those hills look very inviting. :)

EDIT: Silly me, it was in the Video tile, SLO = San Luis Obispo. All these wonderful places to ride down south, I must make it a point to get down there. Have you rode the Eucs trail yet? 

Edited by 5Cauac

59 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

Nice! I appreciate the effort to produce non-distorted footage. Ya, the fish bowl look makes it look like you are going twice as fast but I for one have a difficult time watching videos like that.

I noticed a few close calls. Maybe consider a tether for off-roading?

So was this area north of SF? Santa Rosa, Novato?? Those hills look very inviting. :)

EDIT: Silly me, it was in the Video tile, SLO = San Luis Obispo. All these wonderful places to ride down south, I must make it a point to get down there. Have you rode the Eucs trail yet? 

Have been looking into a tether. Not entirely sure what to get quite yet. I want to head out to the EUCs, seem super fun, but after that crazy storm a few weeks back, its has been super rutted back up in there. And yes, SLO is a very fun place to ride. Plenty of cool things to see and trails to ride. Now I just need master to conquer these trails! 

I just might head down there for a mini spring vacation as I've been wanting to hit the Eucs. Perhaps we could get together for a group ride. Always more enjoyable with capable trail riders. 😃

I sport a Cibi tether but only use it if the trail demands it. There are others out there but the Cibi's are super durable. 

On 2/22/2023 at 9:25 PM, novazeus said:

i spent the last 4 days trying to find this newborn calf. found it btw. alive and got a pint of milk in him while his 1200 pound mama was pawing the ground and growling at me.

wheels are great for trails and roads but i'm thinking for actually doing recon, i'm gonna have to get something like this. 

save the wheels for pavement and the rare event i leave the ranch. and hopefully exercise Bob.

just curious if anybody has seen one in the wild, or knows of a better e-dirtbike. i have a 2006 ktm 525 exc but it's lots of maintenance and it needs gas to run. 

I had a sur ron that I modded heavily. They are fun bikes and easy to get power out of. Obviously for the price you can do way better going gas but like you said, no maintenance is nice. Let me know if you have any specific questions. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 2:25 AM, novazeus said:

Alternatively: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1