THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On Sunday we hosted a ride for Merlin, a visiting rider from the UK. @Afeez Kay had reached out to me to see if I could loan him a wheel (I let him ride my red Sherman) for a group ride. Lots of recent rain and snow has meant our mountain rides have been pretty much a no-go, so I setup a classic Griffith Park ride with a plan to visit the Hollywood Sign.

Merlin brought along his wife on a rented e-bike that was supposedly rated for ~50-miles. Today was a ~30-mile ride. No problem, right? Well, unfortunately that rating was probably for 10mph riding and flat ground :) Also, she didn't pedal which will also drastically reduce the range. After 5-miles the battery was getting low. They also got lost because we were riding too fast and they got left behind (we found them later).

Also, a shout-out to @Freestyler at ~27-minutes into the video :)

• Like 3

On 1/27/2023 at 2:24 AM, Robse said:

Well let's see who gets the most "thumbs up".   A half naked girl opening a cardboard box or a couple of true legends showing what they could do back when music was music and not AI generated brain dead canned white noise punk...

They played Oracle Park a few years ago and I was mad I didn't get tickets. But their sound system was so sadistically loud that even from my deck, 2 miles away and 400 ft up, I could still hear every note, and feel ALL the bass...

:eff034a94a:  :eff034a94a:  :eff034a94a:  :eff034a94a:

• Like 2

On 3/15/2023 at 9:29 AM, Forwardnbak said:

did u check ur shocks to see if they were both holding air?

i ask because a guy down the road from me had an improperly installed shock, and i got mine today with the same problem. took 5 minutes to fix, nbd, but losing air on one side might make u carreen like u did

• Like 1

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

did u check ur shocks to see if they were both holding air?

i ask because a guy down the road from me had an improperly installed shock, and i got mine today with the same problem. took 5 minutes to fix, nbd, but losing air on one side might make u carreen like u did

good idea! 

It feels good but.. I haven’t checked though. I want to knock a bit of air out so I’ll do that.

I really think it was a combo of the knobby and the downhill and speed and angle all made the outside edge grab and I had no room to carve it out. I leaned without option which exaggerated everything. 

Gear was my friend this day. 

• Like 1

Crazy Hit and Run, EUC Rider Nailed by Racing Cars.

HmD9XQr52J4wQQstWv5uCzAXKG7iPymySPIFPqxd
Mar 18, 2023

If you recognize this car, please contact me so we can find the driver responsible for this.
EUC riders need to stay extra vigilant while sharing the road with vehicles that are thousands of pounds heavier than you. Luckily, Tyler

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Crazy Hit and Run, EUC Rider Nailed by Racing Cars.

HmD9XQr52J4wQQstWv5uCzAXKG7iPymySPIFPqxd
Mar 18, 2023

If you recognize this car, please contact me so we can find the driver responsible for this.
EUC riders need to stay extra vigilant while sharing the road with vehicles that are thousands of pounds heavier than you. Luckily, Tyler

This happened local to me, in a city park of all places. Rider is ok, wheel had its pedal sheared off. This is another view—driver nearly took everyone out.

PLEASE BE VERY VERY VERY CAREFUL. This was so close to a significant tragedy it should be sobering.

telegram-cloud-photo-size-1-4947473554291665759-y.thumb.jpg.6ec2b1ddbf80524b796f56ddee57b805.jpg

If you recognize the car, it's of interest...

telegram-cloud-photo-size-1-4947572776626137830-y.thumb.jpg.0ef2e277ba97684e5e44048a9399a673.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Holy S!

Low traffic twisty roads may seem like a good place to group ride, but yeah prime example above of elevated risk for riding on the road. But even in a park you said, crazy. While still clipped by the car, it's fantastic his reaction carve undboutedly saved him from a worse result. He's never gonna forget that one.

Good chance the driver will be caught being caught on film and all. Damn though, even as an observer I'm not gonna forget that one!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

wheel had its pedal sheared off.

Need to report to police.

The pedal will likely have scraped paint from the car.

There is a possibility that an expensive racing car has been painted with anti theft Data Dot paint, especially in the USA.

It will identify the car, no need for car registration number.

https://datadotusa.com/index.htm

DataDot.png

14 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Don't know.

The video description is in Filipino.

TSG is Swiss.

Possible.

Seems the chin strip wasn't secured.

nah, possible cut off to save time :P

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Robse said:

it is pure luck if the rim has not been damaged by that treatment

and pure luck they haven't been damaged by the attempt ! :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1