THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Denis Hagov's Grand Demo Tour in Europe gave insights that I haven't heard before, quite different than what we have been hearing from the European riders on this forum. I suppose the riders who showed up at these demo rides are probably enthusiasts. But still, the interest in 100 lbs wheels is much stronger than the impression I got from this forum.

• Like 1

Made it about halfway through, some takeaways that stood out to me:

• Polish community preference split between Sherman S and EX30 50/50

• large range preferred for ability to reach group ride and back *instead of driving in car to meetup first (assuming)

• many aggressive riders interested in heavier wheels prefer EX30

• some preference of Sherman over Begode due to previous quality issues making impression

• not much interest in v13 – opinion not very good for shorter riders particularly

• basically no one preferred Commander over other options above

• Hungary community consensus seemed concerned with high price of wheels (getting priced out), many do not need large range, and concerned in growth in wheel weight

• Italian meetups try to limit size of group ride to not attract attention of authorities (presumably due to onerous PEV laws)

• Italians talk too fast (and for translators) LOL

• riders coming from Master → have EX30 preference

• Sherman S take backseat to EX30 (too soft, too slow react to braking)

• otherwise basically similar preferences as Polish community for wheels

• many prefer to ride outside of city low-traffic, too busy in cities + police attention issues

• Denis opinion: s22 pro noticeable improvements over s22 and attractive price for performance

Great video, the meat of it starts after 6:30

Edited by Vanturion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

at 8:30 in the video, hsiang says he accelerates and brakes with his foot. another rider like me that evidently doesn't know how to ride! haha!

Watch the same video when he accelerates and brakes, it can be seen plainly that he is using the pads too.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

Watch the same video when he accelerates and brakes, it can be seen plainly that he is using the pads too.

yeah, he's lying or confused obviously, an experienced rider like hsiang. i'm just reporting what he clearly said in the video. 

i drive the v13 easily with no pads, no spiked pedals and with 45psi max pressure in the tire and have zero problems accelerating and braking. no wobbles either. just using my feet and ankles.we learned on wheels that had no pads. pads are a new accessory. if u wanna use them and ride on deflated tires, that seems to be the new thing. riding on deflated tires isn't new, that's the bad advice given on this forum since day one so beginners could get started easier. but at higher speeds, the beginners got wobbles from sidewall deflecrion. i experience it myself when unbeknownst to me, my tire on the v13 had deflated to probably 15psi. it was nbd because i know how to ride. first time in 6 years experiencing the wheel trying to wobble. it's dangerous to ride on an overloaded tire deflated. well documented by mororcycle tire manufacturers. inflate ur tires to max pressure and learn how to balance on a wheel. obviously it's doable, because i do it, and the wheel is waaaaaay more fun. trail riding doesn't matter. u can ride trails with flat tires.

Looks to me like he is using them...... @novazeus

dfhjhgfjjs.jpg

dgsdg-SGsd-G.jpg

dhfdfhhdh.jpg

Ghdfhfdh.jpg

Untitled.jpg

From the Pirrelli tire website:

The recommended tire pressure is the pressure established by the manufacturer of your car as the optimal air pressure for your tires. Running your tires at the correct pressure is important because it keeps you safe, cuts down your gas bill, and makes your tires last longer. Each vehicle has its own specifications for tire pressure, but most fall between 28 and 36 PSI (pounds per square inch).

Maximum pressure

Be careful not to confuse the recommended pressure with the maximum pressure. The recommended pressure is the one you should use when filling your tires, and, as explained above, you can find on your doorjamb or in your owner’s manual. The maximum pressure, on the other hand, is usually stated on the sidewall of the tire itself in small print near the tire’s bead (where the rubber abuts the rim). This measurement is provided by the tire manufacturer rather than the car manufacturer and is the maximum amount of pressure the tire can safely withstand.

These recommendations are for a CAR that weighs thousands of pounds and is NOT using a tube inside of the tire.

I mean no disrespect to you @novazeus but what you keep saying is in stark contradiction to what i have learned from everyone else on this website as well as experienced myself. Also you have to understand that you adamantly averaging 30mph on your wheels leaves many possibility's for a change in wheel behavior at higher speeds that you are not used to or are aware of. Yes, anyone can ride a wheel without spikes on the pedals , pads on the sides and tire pressure set at MAX psi. But is it really helpful? IMO It's like lighting a fire by rubbing 2 sticks together as opposed to using a lighter. All of these things aren't necessary but they help you control the wheel better.

@Hsiang can only answer as to why he said he doesn't use them and then went on to use them.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
afterthought
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Looks to me like he is using them...... @novazeus

dfhjhgfjjs.jpg

dgsdg-SGsd-G.jpg

dhfdfhhdh.jpg

Ghdfhfdh.jpg

Untitled.jpg

From the Pirrelli tire website:

The recommended tire pressure is the pressure established by the manufacturer of your car as the optimal air pressure for your tires. Running your tires at the correct pressure is important because it keeps you safe, cuts down your gas bill, and makes your tires last longer. Each vehicle has its own specifications for tire pressure, but most fall between 28 and 36 PSI (pounds per square inch).

Maximum pressure

Be careful not to confuse the recommended pressure with the maximum pressure. The recommended pressure is the one you should use when filling your tires, and, as explained above, you can find on your doorjamb or in your owner’s manual. The maximum pressure, on the other hand, is usually stated on the sidewall of the tire itself in small print near the tire’s bead (where the rubber abuts the rim). This measurement is provided by the tire manufacturer rather than the car manufacturer and is the maximum amount of pressure the tire can safely withstand.

These recommendations are for a CAR that weighs thousands of pounds and is NOT using a tube inside of the tire.

I mean no disrespect to you @novazeus but what you keep saying is in stark contradiction to what i have learned from everyone else on this website as well as experienced myself. Also you have to understand that you adamantly averaging 30mph on your wheels leaves many possibility's for a change in wheel behavior at higher speeds that you are not used to or are aware of. Yes, anyone can ride a wheel without spikes on the pedals , pads on the sides and tire pressure set at MAX psi. But is it really helpful? IMO It's like lighting a fire by rubbing 2 sticks together as opposed to using a lighter. All of these things aren't necessary but they help you control the wheel better.

@Hsiang can only answer as to why he said he doesn't use them and then went on to use them.

My own riding style is 'loose'.  For me powerpads are only for 'emergencies' like roots or pot-holes.  Jump-toe-pads for jumping (no need on Master, good on T4 and S20).  My MSX 100V and S18 I did run 'naked'.  I've met some who ride like me, others who like to be "locked in".  We're different. ;)

2 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

We're different

I didn't say i had a problem with someone riding without pads. i simply said that although in the video @Hsiang said he likes the front toe pad because "he accelerates and brakes with his feet" @novazeus interpreted that as he doesn't use power pads to assist in the same tasks, so i was pointing that out.

I also went on to speak about the tire pressures because @novazeus has said more than a few times that it is "training wheels"  and "bad advise" as well as "side wall deflection causes wobbles" when the truth of the matter is that running your tire at max pressure is the bad advise. For one you feel everything in the road and for 2 if you are at the max pressure the tire can safely handle and you go riding down the road, then the pressure increases as it always does after warming up. Now you are over the max rating and in danger of it bursting. 3rdly as you can see from the chart below for vehicles rated several hundred pounds and over the recommended pressures for Michelin tires.

cji2r41ra0jhs0nqmt1kqye7d-tableau-pressi

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
  • Upvote 1

if it's cold, i weigh 200 pounds suited up. the v13 weighs 119 pounds. 

the sidewall says max load is 397 pounds at 45psi max. 

397 minus 119+ 200 = 78 pounds margin of error. i weigh 177 pounds naked. 

as long as u don't exceed the max pressure on the sidewall ur fine. u get better mileage and the wheel handles waaaay better for me. zero wobbles. the advisors on the forum tell people to run low tire pressure to help them get started, then they progress, go faster, and then wonder why they get acceleration wobbles and braking wobbles. i'll continue to run the tires at what the sidewall says. 

idk what the stock knobby says for max load and pressure. even the stock knobby on the s22 performs better at max pressure.

do the math on the old ks 16s and 18s tires. 90kg is 198 pounds. just me suited up not counting the 57 pound wheel is overloaded, yet the advice given was deflate tire,

70kg is 154 pounds and people were told to deflate the tires.

do whatever makes u happy. i've always run the tires at max pressure and i prefer the handling waaaaaaaaaaaay better.

i'm at 1141 miles now on the v13 and it's great! so is the s22. still hate the jiluer tire on the s18.

. 43F1C60F-F342-4271-9ACD-E74E430FB410.png.90e46f5679ac5f25de6c4125db33ebec.png2CCF9B7D-65D1-4ED0-BC59-A85A56F4775A.png.b3373ca31ac9f4e5212163980770aff2.png321AD4ED-6FA6-431E-BED9-95C643D11EB5.jpeg.927e703206c47ef4cd9cf1308afff94e.jpeg

7231B9EF-E40A-43E4-BEBF-6804764434EE.png

3459C0F9-C695-452A-AA4A-DE49D045FBC2.png

On 4/24/2023 at 1:38 PM, novazeus said:

when all else fails, try reading the manual supplied by inmotion regarding tire pressure and maximum payload!

6ACDE468-5FA1-49B0-89C5-1534920B0F85.thumb.jpeg.8f0fe1739e2cffa9125507581235bb7b.jpeg

So InMotion themselves don't think anyone over 50 should be riding their wheel ? Seems a bit harsh !!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

So InMotion themselves don't think anyone over 50 should be riding their wheel ? Seems a bit harsh !!

It's the same (sh*t)  as "safe speed = 25 kmph". (Manual Begode wheels)   There is only one safe speed on any EUC, and that's no speed;)

btw, how many "under 50"  has free cash for a $4000 wheel anyway ?

Edited by Robse
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Aztek said:

Yeah... Three more years for me :)

minus 1 year for me ! But I laugh in the face of danger, and throw ice cubes down the vest of fear !! I stop riding when my legs won't hold me up any more, not a second before-hand, and certainly not because a silly sign said so ! I bet it's not even underlined, so they can't mean it ;)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

minus 1 year for me ! But I laugh in the face of danger, and throw ice cubes down the vest of fear !! I stop riding when my legs won't hold me up any more, not a second before-hand, and certainly not because a silly sign said so ! I bet it's not even underlined, so they can't mean it ;)

eeek...  minus alotta more for me, but why not - why not have fun - ride a motorcycle, ride a bike, ride a windsurfer, ride a EUC.  No stop in me :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Begodecrashtestdummy said:

I was homeless a few years ago and now I just spent 7500$ on two wheels in the past 10 months .🤷🏻‍♂️

Life is good bro! I'm with ya, I remember walking to the gym because I couldn't afford gas to drive there. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Typical legal disclaimer inserted into the documentation to mitigate risk. Nothing more, nothing less.

11 hours ago, Cerbera said:

stop riding when my legs won't hold me up any more, not a second before-hand, and certainly not because a silly sign said so ! I bet it's not even underlined, so they can't mean it

Well, at 47 I'm 65 kg and way stronger than I was in my twenties and with no real physical complains apart from slightly damaged knee from wearing too heavy custom made boots as a teenager. Can't see me stopping anytime soon.