THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

need to assemble a full clip, in the meantime a raw clip of our wild fun trails :

this is an insane part, not for everyone ;)

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1

Quick rip on my v13, please excuse the quality, window size/dimension etc. it was my first shoot on my phone before i realized i can shoot horizontally. It's a quick example of what it's like to ride around here with no bike lanes/sidewalks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

quick example of what it's like to ride around here with no bike lanes/sidewalks.

Thanks for that.

That is a nice locale for riding on roads. The roads looked mosty smooth. Single lane in each direction, and speeds were not that fast. Also, I didn't see a lot of traffic.

I think I would have enjoy that stretch even with my Abrams, which doesn't have suspension. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, techyiam said:

speeds were not that fast. Also, I didn't see a lot of traffic.

Yeah i forgot to mention that with my pilot 2 tire on, the speedo is off by 6mph. It reads about 6mph faster than i'm actually going.  Roads are pretty smooth until you get into the local city part, then they kind of suck.

29 minutes ago, litewave said:

@Elliott Reitz  Love your videos but the wind noise on all your vids makes it challenging to hear you most of the time. 

Maybe consider a DJI mic kit with some extra windscreens?

Thanks otherwise.

That's a lot of money and the last time I tried something like that it worked talking on the phone but not with the app that records video on the phone. 

17 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

That's a lot of money and the last time I tried something like that it worked talking on the phone but not with the app that records video on the phone. 

There are other brands that  cost less; it was just a courteous suggestion. I'm sure many other riders here with YT channels could help you out.

If you consider that you could grow your channel by making the videos more accessible, enjoyable, and easier to consume, it could pay for itself and then some.

Just my 2cents.

9 hours ago, litewave said:

There are other brands that  cost less; it was just a courteous suggestion. I'm sure many other riders here with YT channels could help you out.

If you consider that you could grow your channel by making the videos more accessible, enjoyable, and easier to consume, it could pay for itself and then some.

Just my 2cents.

I just stick my hand out with my phone for the benefit of others.  I have an Insta-360 cam.  But by the time I go through all that I don't make any vides.  FWIW, here's another from just now.  Same issue.  ;)

Shaped my tire today. Its better now. :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ben Hatfield said:

Montana sure is beautiful. You seem fearless riding out in the "wilderness" on loose road surfaces at high speed, or on roads with cars. I hope Montana drivers are more courteous and respectful than other states.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, litewave said:

Montana sure is beautiful. You seem fearless riding out in the "wilderness" on loose road surfaces at high speed, or on roads with cars. I hope Montana drivers are more courteous and respectful than other states.

Definitely one of the reasons I live in western Montana.

Most drivers in the region are respectable - and I think the constant need to look out for wildlife keeps drivers observant.  Also a lot of motorcycle riding in the region also keeps drivers aware, and that's basically how I am treated.  I think all EUC riders have those outlier interactions with angry drivers.  I do avoid some roads at certain times of day.

I also ride the same routs, over and over again - to the point where much of the ride is memorized.  I generally only have the camera on when I'm on a routine ride.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2023 at 1:57 AM, Ben Hatfield said:

Definitely one of the reasons I live in western Montana.

Most drivers in the region are respectable - and I think the constant need to look out for wildlife keeps drivers observant.  Also a lot of motorcycle riding in the region also keeps drivers aware, and that's basically how I am treated.  I think all EUC riders have those outlier interactions with angry drivers.  I do avoid some roads at certain times of day.

I also ride the same routs, over and over again - to the point where much of the ride is memorized.  I generally only have the camera on when I'm on a routine ride.

Well said on the analogy of being perceived like motorcycles.  Especially as we go the speed of traffic.  Meanwhile rodes like you have there aren't that.  Nice ride man!  

Here's my latest vid, the season just changed.  Shorts, bare feet, summertime!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2