THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

8 minutes ago, Paul A said:

https://newatlas.com/outdoors/arc-turbine-microgenerator/

July 14, 2022

World's smallest 8-kW generator rocks a deafening microturbine

The ARC microturbine generator measures about 17 x 27 x 52 cm (6.7 x 10.6 x 20.5 inches) and weighs just under 9 kg (19.8 lb).

If only wheels could be made that small..

• Like 1

So yesterday I went to the Chery Bomb fest in DC but I had to return home instead of riding because of a flat. Today? Slime to the rescue! So I just bought a 6 pack of slime balls for emergencies.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Inmotion V13 is a GROCERY CART? 😂 #shorts #youtubeshorts

AL5GRJWrtyDQZDyf7DuMMCivqAffh36LPMNfriIy
Apr 5, 2023

Not sure if anybody else had this idea but it's a game-changer for me here in Miami 🤣
Enjoy and Subscribe b@tches! 😂 😂

i am dying :roflmao:, dont post these things, and (to quote) where TF  is his police lights?

• Like 1

Paris votes to ban electric rental scooters | DW News

4.53M subscribers
Apr 3, 2023

The French capital Paris is set to become the first major European city to ban electric rental scooters.
Parisian voters approved the move in a referendum.
App-activated rental scooters, which were once touted as an environmentally friendly form of transportation, have been involved in numerous accidents.
Despite the ban, privately owned scooters in Paris will still be allowed.

One wonders how many car accidents there were in Paris during the same time, and the number of fatalities. Are deaths involving the use of scooters somehow ‘worse‘ than those involving cars? Or is it  somehow preferable for people of Paris to succumb to airborne pollution (slowly) than to be crushed by either a car or indeed a scooter ‘quickly’?     All too typical of muddled thinking.  

I did notice the flagrant misuse of both scooters and cycles at a pedestrian crossing near the end of the piece, but this demonstrates a) that scooter use isn’t the only problem, and b) is this not a question of education and regulation of road users of any and all vehicle types (a matter of some notoriety in Paris), rather than an excuse to ‘throw out the baby with the bathwater’? 🤔

6 hours ago, Cerbera said:

there we go - not to worry

Only 7% voted. 

Identification plates on PEVs, identification of users/owners , could be an option.

Pedestrians can/have suffered serious permanent injuries, and huge uncompensated financial costs.