THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Join me for a narrated ride up the biggest hill around and listen to me whinge about the bloody wind for half an hour ! :)

doing a guitar solo on top of  Hampshire 😂    bloody good one😁

Edited by Robse
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I did a test on mine, didn't change anything.

Interesting. Nice watering :) 

I wonder if maybe it needs to touch in the right way? right kind of place to first engage settings? 

Or if after i touched the screen the conductivity continues with the water displacing the touch? 

I am going to test mine without the tape. 

I might try a few screen covers as well. 

3 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

What file type are you uploading?

.mp4, any tips? Much appreciated :)

e. I had to slap the music on top of the video with windows editor, haven't figure out how to do it in insta's (lazy editor), but the quality is fine on hard disk.

Edited by Kutvelo

19 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

maybe it needs to touch in the right way?

I "like" the wheel, it's not love yet...:lol: It probably has something to do with trying to change settings in the rain, i have not tried to mess with it while it was wet so maybe that's it.

19 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

Nice watering

Thanks, i wanted to test the waterproofing as well since there was some discussion about it lately. I took it apart afterwards to see and there was no intrusion past the gasket at the base of the screen board.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
odd text placement

3 hours ago, Kutvelo said:

Riding in the forest and roads around in my "backyard".

Ps. I don't understand this quality, 2x bbs for insta x2 and this is what youtube gives.

That has uploaded at just 1080p, and with quite a low frame and data rate by the looks of it. If you are gong to be riding that fast, then double frame rate is recommended for best quality there, so set camera to record at 48 - 60 fps and 2.7k or true 4K, and even if you down-res it to 1080p in your video editor it'll still look better than what you have now. Mp4 as a container is fine, but try and use a nice modern, space-efficient compression on the export like HVEC / H.265.

Recommend you use free version of DaVinci Resolve 18 for video editing - it is about the best there is, even measured against expensive paid competitors and gives you full control of output data rates. It's always a balance between data rate / quality and file size, because of course the more data rate you use the more huge your final file will be, and the longer it'll take to upload. Note that Youtube will invariably compress it AGAIN using its own methods, so your job is to give it as much source data to work with as possible so it does the least damage in that stage.

My internet speed is a bit rubbish over here, so even though I film most stuff at 4K I tend to publish at 1080P anyway, just to keep file sizes and upload times reasonable.

For example, the last video I uploaded here was half an hour long, and filmed at 4K, 25 fps (I am not going very fast so double frame rate not needed so much) but on export at 4K with high data rate that gave me a 33 GB file to upload (nope!). So 1 minute of very HQ / data rate 4K is about 1 GB to give you some idea of expected file sizes.

But dropping output to 1080P, and a medium data rate meant I could get that half hour down to just 2 GB overall, which was much more reasonable to upload. Sure, quality took a hit there, but it only took a few hours to upload, not all my upload bandwidth for the following 3 days !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 3

Thanks for that advice, should I ever find myself to be in the possession of a small child I’ll advise them what, why and, er, how accordingly! I still struggle with the DVD contraption, lol! 

38 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

That has uploaded at just 1080p, and with quite a low frame and data rate by the looks of it. If you are gong to be riding that fast, then double frame rate is recommended for best quality there, so set camera to record at 48 - 60 fps and 2.7k or true 4K, and even if you down-res it to 1080p in your video editor it'll still look better than what you have now. Mp4 as a container is fine, but try and use a nice modern, space-efficient compression on the export like HVEC / H.265.

Recommend you use free version of DaVinci Resolve 18 for video editing - it is about the best there is, even measured against expensive paid competitors and gives you full control of output data rates. It's always a balance between data rate / quality and file size, because of course the more data rate you use the more huge your final file will be, and the longer it'll take to upload. Note that Youtube will invariably compress it AGAIN using its own methods, so your job is to give it as much source data to work with as possible so it does the least damage in that stage.

My internet speed is a bit rubbish over here, so even though I film most stuff at 4K I tend to publish at 1080P anyway, just to keep file sizes and upload times reasonable.

For example, the last video I uploaded here was half an hour long, and filmed at 4K, 25 fps (I am not going very fast so double frame rate not needed so much) but on export at 4K with high data rate that gave me a 33 GB file to upload (nope!). So 1 minute of very HQ / data rate 4K is about 1 GB to give you some idea of expected file sizes.

But dropping output to 1080P, and a medium data rate meant I could get that half hour down to just 2 GB overall, which was much more reasonable to upload. Sure, quality took a hit there, but it only took a few hours to upload, not all my upload bandwidth for the following 3 days !

Awesome and thank you. I must look into this and definitely try the software! I'm using insta360 X2, I had it on 60fps and max detail. I did export it properly out of insta's software but I think I messed it up with windows for editing the audio, it exports it again as .mp4. Internet is not an issue nor is space.

Perhaps I'll play around with it a bit, it might be possible to salvage it and make it easier for next time to edit all together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kutvelo said:

I'm using insta360 X2, I had it on 60fps and max detail. I did export it properly out of insta's software

Cool - that's the most important bit really - getting the best bit-rate and frame rate out of the camera. Sounds like the good old windows editor ruined it all with compression for you, as it tends to do...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I "like" the wheel, it's not love yet...:lol: It probably has something to do with trying to change settings in the rain, i have not tried to mess with it while it was wet so maybe that's it.

Here is a reply on the video I thought was good.

I think this is why it happened. After an initial touch the screen remains conductive in the wet.

I had a v12ht with the touchScreen which I believe its practically the same on the v13... I have ridden that euc under heavy downPours and it has never failed.. the thing is that since it is a capacitive screen and water is electrically conductive then that is what causes the "phantom keyPresses". the way to avoid it doing that in the first place is to not touch the screen while you are out there riding the euc under raining conditions... so it cannot

"initiate" the first electric input to the screen!

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2023 at 5:00 AM, StarStriker13 said:

What(TF) is he doing?  Ok, it's not skiing, but pointing a ski pole (in this case it's a cruch) forward while riding (skiing) is absolutely no go.   It's going to hurt, sooner or later.

Annotation 2023-07-12 190007.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Poker said:

Looks like he's handicapped and need them, notice how his foot isn't on the pedal

yes i also saw that, and thumbs up for that 😁 , but it's still risky business riding a one wheeled device relying on cruches, and doing 30 mph or more 🙄

38 minutes ago, Robse said:

What(TF) is he doing?  Ok, it's not skiing, but pointing a ski pole (in this case it's a cruch) forward while riding (skiing) is absolutely no go.   It's going to hurt, sooner or later.

The sticks are attached to his arms with straps. He can't abandon them rapidly then necessary. Those sticks are really going to hurt him or somebody else.

On 7/10/2023 at 3:25 AM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Thanks, i wanted to test the waterproofing as well since there was some discussion about it lately. I took it apart afterwards to see and there was no intrusion past the gasket at the base of the screen board.

Here are the waterproof membrane IM will supply for the V13 

IMG_7444.jpeg

• Thanks 1