THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

28 minutes ago, Paul A said:

HarryEUC.png

It's all about Balance.  Yessir!  :huh:   everyone decides for themselves, as long as they don't burden others, it's perfectly fine.  I dare not drive +25 kmph without gear. But that is my decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robse said:

It's all about Balance.  Yessir!  :huh:   everyone decides for themselves, as long as they don't burden others, it's perfectly fine.  I dare not drive +25 kmph without gear. But that is my decision.

Most of my daily rides are only wearing wrist guards. And i have setup my own rule that i follow - not pushing over 20km/h speed without helmet. (I used to ride regular bike to work and 15-20km/h was my riding speed. So i don't really need to go faster.)

My old man doesn't even wear wrist guards.. And he rides everyday, home>train>job>train>home. ~4km round trip. Simply leave 5 min faster and don't need to rush anywhere. I also leave house simply faster and enjoy slower ride.

Only time i gear up (Added helmet, knee guards is when i go for "fun" rides.) Even at those ride i rarely go over 40km/h. Mostly going around 35km/h. :D (Ofc slowing down around turns, etc..) So far - So good. Can't see myself falling off without EUC malfunction. Doh i know it can stop working any given moment.. 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Funky said:

Most of my daily rides are only wearing wrist guards. And i have setup my own rule that i follow - not pushing over 20km/h speed without helmet. (I used to ride regular bike to work and 15-20km/h was my riding speed. So i don't really need to go faster.)

My old man doesn't even wear wrist guards.. And he rides everyday, home>train>job>train>home. ~4km round trip. Simply leave 5 min faster and don't need to rush anywhere. I also leave house simply faster and enjoy slower ride.

Only time i gear up (Added helmet, knee guards is when i go for "fun" rides.) Even at those ride i rarely go over 40km/h. Mostly going around 35km/h. :D (Ofc slowing down around turns, etc..) So far - So good. Can't see myself falling off without EUC malfunction. Doh i know it can stop working any given time.. 

i'm always thinking to myself, "what if the wheel cut out now?"

am i going too fast for the amount of protective gear for the terrain i'm traveling on?

will i survive a cutout without breaking bones? 

40kph/25mph is flying on a wheel. 24kph/15mph is a comfortable speed for me. going slow helps me practice my balance.

18 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i'm always thinking to myself, "what if the wheel cut out now?"

am i going too fast for the amount of protective gear for the terrain i'm traveling on?

will i survive a cutout without breaking bones? 

40kph/25mph is flying on a wheel. 24kph/15mph is a comfortable speed for me. going slow helps me practice my balance.

Yeah i also have that thought/feeling in back of my mind. :D That's why i don't go faster than 20km/h without helmet. Doh i never leave house without wrist guards.. Even riding ~1km to shop and such.

Dad have done over 4000km without any gear. Has fallen some times. But because we ride slower.. No breaks or injuries. (Most times he simply runs out of it.. At least that's what he says..) In winter especially slower. 

I personally "flew" ~3 meters and landed on my belly. Doh that was in soft loose sand. (I even knew that i will fall that day - because riding in soft, loose sand - DUH.. Wheel turned 90 degree left and i went flying.) I was amazed how far i needed to walk back to get wheel.. I literally was superman for ~2 seconds. :D 

One needs to take Into count the risk of doing anything in life.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

I don't why you all think crashes at sub 20 kph are better than ones at higher speeds. As has been postulated before, the faster you go, the more likely you are to slide out the initial impact after a cut-out, as opposed to rotating from the axle and faceplanting in the ground ! And yet, like you guys, I didn't feel the need for much more than wrist guards while my pedals were nice and low to the ground a la MS3 etc...

And who knows, perhaps it is better not to slide if you are not wearing much armour ! You don't wnat the road rash either ! But that is my argument for wearing it regardless of speed. I very much fear even the 'stationary rotate' cut-out up so high on the Master - that extra few inches of height are going to add a LOT of difference in terms of how hard you hit from up there.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I don't why you all think crashes at sub 20 kph are better than ones at higher speeds. As has been postulated before, the faster you go, the more likely you are to slide out the initial impact after a cut-out, as opposed to rotating from the axle and faceplanting in the ground ! And yet, like you guys, I didn't feel the need for much more than wrist guards while my pedals were nice and low to the ground a la MS3 etc...

And who knows, perhaps it is better not to slide if you are not wearing much armour ! You don't wnat the road rash either ! But that is my argument for wearing it regardless of speed. I very much fear even the 'stationary rotate' cut-out up so high on the Master - that extra few inches of height are going to add a LOT of difference in terms of how hard you hit from up there.

At slower speed you can run out of it. :D At lower speed you simply go "splat" against the ground. No sliding and getting road rash, etc.. At lower speed you can also roll out of the crash (Which i have also done.) But those "low-low" speed crashes i personally don't count. (Because it's more or less like jumping into air and landing on belly. Yes it hurts.. But that's all only pain.)

Each their own.. I would better crash at lower speed, vs going 2x faster. At lower speed you have that "split" second to react. Vs at higher speed you are already on the ground, before the brain can react. (Yes.. At lower speed you have enough time to react how one falls.) While riding on ice you have enough experience gained.. Slower you ride - the better the fall.

In winter most times it's the wheel that falls. Rider simply runs out of it, or slides on their ass. (Ofc you need also to be ready to fall.. Don't go riding around willy-nilly thinking everything will be fine.) Better expect falling - than not falling. ;) 

Also compared to regular bike - falling on EUC is way-way better.. Than on regular bike. At least in winter.. (Bike going sideways and getting you trapped under it. Or flying over handlebars - nightmare. On euc you simply run out of it.

Again i'm talking about regular bicycle speeds...

Edited by Funky

I always hope that I can run it out.  But it is my eternal nightmare that the wheel suddenly decides to switch off - even though I'm pretty sure it's not my fault. I never ride more than max 52-58 kmph on the RS19  /   45 on the KS 16X, and only as long as there is at least 65% power.   But I'm also well aware that if the wheel suddenly turns off, I'll have to be more than extraordinarily lucky not to get my my ass smoked - and that's my fear.  Once i crashed my MC i broke 3 ribs, and i was only doing 85 kmph, not 245.....

10 minutes ago, Robse said:

I always hope that I can run it out.  But it is my eternal nightmare that the wheel suddenly decides to switch off - even though I'm pretty sure it's not my fault. I never ride more than max 52-58 kmph on the RS19  /   45 on the KS 16X, and only as long as there is at least 65% power.   But I'm also well aware that if the wheel suddenly turns off, I'll have to be more than extraordinarily lucky not to get my my ass smoked - and that's my fear.  Once i crashed my MC i broke 3 ribs, and i was only doing 85 kmph, not 245.....

What gear did you have? I would never ride faster than 45km/h.. On any wheel. My sweet spot is 35-40km/h. ~43km/h on completely straight/smooth already known pathways. Pathways which don't have even 2cm dips, or road connections lines. :D 

Edit: Anything faster than 20-30km/h by putting foot on ground will make your face accelerate to ground. Your best bet is trying to roll out, or slide on knees. Worst thing is trying to put feet down to try run out at high speeds.

Edited by Funky

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

What gear did you have? I would never ride faster than 45km/h.. On any wheel. My sweet spot is 35-40km/h. ~43km/h on completely straight/smooth already known pathways. Pathways which don't have even 2cm dips, or road connections lines. :D 

All the right gear for motorcycle riding.   But it did not help.  The MC decided to run over my back....  :wacko:

MOTORCYCLE vs. ELECTRIC UNICYCLE

August-Hill

6,932Views

2022, 14 Feb

Witness as I tackle some of the toughest streets on an Electric Unicycle all with the goal of mainstreaming Micro-mobility and pushing for a greener future.

Along the way I will be teaching my editing techniques and how I managed to gain over 100k followers in instagram.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Paul A said:

August-Hill

6,932Views

2022, 14 Feb

Witness as I tackle some of the toughest streets on an Electric Unicycle all with the goal of mainstreaming Micro-mobility and pushing for a greener future.

Along the way I will be teaching my editing techniques and how I managed to gain over 100k followers in instagram.

Can't do this with a motorcycle! 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Paul A said:

August-Hill

6,932Views

2022, 14 Feb

what did he win? where is the icon for insanity?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1