THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

New Electric Unicycle CONFIRMED!

644 views · 2 hours agoEEVEE'S (E-SCOOTERS, EUCS, E-SKATES, ONEWHEELS + MORE)...more

eevee's

Bradley & Lukas are excited to bring you some new details on the brand new EUC by Veteran aka LeaperKim.

Keep an eye on eevees.com for pre-orders and more info coming soon!

As we all know, introducing yourself for the first time can be tough...so I asked ChatGPT to write my intro for me. :)

Ahoy, fellow electric unicyclists! It's a pleasure to make my grand entrance onto this virtual stage, and I must say, I'm feeling a bit like a circus performer without the big top. But instead of juggling balls, I'm juggling the challenges of navigating the woods on an electric unicycle. And let me tell you, it's quite the thrill ride!   {That line is rather amusing, because I right a normal unicycle, too, and everyone asks if I'm going to join a circus :facepalm:}

As you all know, electric unicycling is a unique and exhilarating way to explore the great outdoors. And for me, there's nothing quite like cruising through the woods on my trusty one-wheeled steed. It's a true test of balance, agility, and nerve - not to mention a great workout for the core!

I've been documenting my adventures on my YouTube channel, and I'm thrilled to share them with all of you. From heart-pumping downhill descents to peaceful rides through serene forests, my channel is a treasure trove of electric unicycling content. {not so many downhill descents, but you get the idea :) }

Ok, so back to me again. This is the first video on my channel, I got a little wacky with filters and video editing as I progressed (and even added in a continuing story line...). I don't have a ton of videos yet (winter kinda happened) but I'd be thrilled if anybody watched any of them, and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

AscenXion

Floating Through the Woods on an S22

• Like 2

On 3/6/2023 at 10:41 PM, Poker said:

Not my video.

I'm waiting for parts from china to fix my euc (5 weeks+ delivery time is killing me) and came across this guys videos on youtube.

Its like medicine for my soul.

Waiting on roller sliders for an S22 by any chance? Mine's been gone since December waiting on those. :crying:

Edited by meepmeepmayer
formatting fixed :-)

9 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

What?   Looks like some kind of gyroscopic effect where the wheel has gone off course and now it's locked in this level, and precisely because you try to force it on the right keel again, it just gets worse and worse?  Strange !     I've experienced it once with first-generation puncture-free bicycle tires that were so thick and heavy in the rubber that if you took a sharp turn, with an incline on the bicycle, it was almost impossible to straighten the bicycle afterwards

I had this occur already, a few times at high speed, to the other side. I hadn’t mentioned it as I put it down to initial jitters/pad placement. 

On another owners group, someone posted earlier in the week asking if anyone else’s v13 pulls to one side at speed. I chimed in and reported my cases.

Their wheel went to the left, mine to the right.

We both considered our pads but we were scratching our heads?

Today was the other side for me, to the left?

today was extreme and i had no chance to pull out. It was all fine, I had rolled faster for 20km on winding paths flicking the wheel easily. This was on a straight and nothing changed it just started. 

Im thinking the tyre? maybe the high psi of 40?

it all seems aligned well, no slime etc

1 minute ago, Forwardnbak said:

DFC36F93-D017-4E1D-B40D-4CCA35418B61.thumb.jpeg.2daacd6d3a80cba24edea03bcacf4aad.jpegDC74F4F1-EB9D-40CA-A47A-544E5FC71A43.thumb.jpeg.91d53537dd6ab6f109f5a6b35376517f.jpeg854483D4-1A2C-421F-9A2E-9FB5D4195031.thumb.jpeg.41cc84074beb1be63e7deb88b4bcba1c.jpeg

At least you and the V13 got the same tattoo ;-)    At the first picture, you are already somehow crashed at that point.  Holding out your left arm just makes the right turn even worse.  I have never seen anything like this, nor felt it on my wheels. 

• Like 2

Sorry to hear of your crash @Forwardnbak. Watching the video it looks like you shifted your weight over but didn't force it onto your left foot pushing down on that side of the wheel. It's really odd though almost like the initial lean started out of the blue. I think the v13 is a beast and you really have to muscle it around, sometimes over exaggerating your movements. I also wonder if the tire grooves play any role in this. The initial lean looks like it lines up with the grooves on either side of the center knobby. What tire pressure do you run?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Sorry to hear of your crash @Forwardnbak. Watching the video it looks like you shifted your weight over but didn't force it onto your left foot pushing down on that side of the wheel. It's really odd though almost like the initial lean started out of the blue. I think the v13 is a beast and you really have to muscle it around, sometimes over exaggerating your movements. I also wonder if the tire grooves play any role in this. The initial lean looks like it lines up with the grooves on either side of the center knobby. What tire pressure do you run?

it is strange. I was really comfortable on the wheel before and have found the weight no problem at low or high speed. Not greatly experienced with such weight at speed but over the last week everyday I’ve been very comfortable at all speeds.

The only reason I think it may be something more than a once off error is it happened to another I was chatting too, and I already experienced it. The last time i did ten speed runs and maybe two, had the heart in my mouth moment it started to track (left) those times. If it was my pads, or habits of balance I feel it would’ve reoccurred more often and not diverted to the other side this time. 

Conditions are good, and i was good, really was very comfy at that speed and confident to take the wheel there again. 

I do feel like the tyre tried to keep a line that the wheel didn’t want and it fought it out. Gyro won 

Edited by Forwardnbak

24 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

I do feel like the tyre tried to keep a line that the wheel didn’t want and it fought it out. Gyro won 

Yeah, i feel like the initial lean was tire related. Definitely not saying it was your "habits of balance" that initiated it. I know you know how to balance, you have racked up like a million miles..lol  It will be interesting to see what other people think about it. I'm personally just a noob so i could be missing something. Thank you for sharing it anyway and i'm glad you weren't hurt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Yeah, i feel like the initial lean was tire related.

I wonder if that's the same thing I get on the Master - both are heavy wheels with flat profile knobby tyres, and although I appreciate that this is probably not the CST-186-specific over-lean problem, that ALSO does a thing where sudden changes in angle of ground contact or camber can wrench the wheel around from under you, which feels most disconcerting. I haven't fallen as a result of it yet, but have nearly done so on several occasions. I find it happens to me quite rarely; perhaps once every 5 rides or so, but I usually don't know what has caused it by looking at the surface I have just ridden over, usually concreted / paved and relatively flat. Don't get me wrong - it happens off-road a lot more, but then the cause is usually an easily identifiable tree root or what not...

I wonder if this is a symptom of heavy wheels with knobby style tyres in general ? If so I would expect the V13 to do it less because its weight is better distributed than the Master.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I wonder if this is a symptom of heavy wheels with knobby style tyres in general ?

Maybe because it has such a rounded profile along with channels that line up rather than a staggered knobby like others. I was thinking if it were inflated high it may want to follow the channels at some degree of lean. Just a thought though. I haven't able to ride mine for a few weeks so haven't had any experience with this. The small amount i did ride i usually keep the tire pressure fairly low.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Maybe because it has such a rounded profile along with channels that line up rather than a staggered knobby like others. I was thinking if it were inflated high it may want to follow the channels at some degree of lean. Just a thought though. I haven't able to ride mine for a few weeks so haven't had any experience with this. The small amount i did ride i usually keep the tire pressure fairly low.

My experience would counter that given that I still get the wrenching at the very low pressure my tyre is at - just 21 PSI. When I had it initially it was at 35, which was like a frightened horse on a frozen lake ! I couldn't stay at that pressure long enough to find out if it did it there !

• Like 2

I'm sorry to hear about this crash and am glad you are ok. Its very hard to see what went wrong from the video. Could it be an issue with the geometry of the suspension getting out of whack on one side? Even if it was temporary? This has been something I have been concerned with when using a system that has separate suspension struts on each side as opposed to a linkage system which shares the suspension equally on both sides even in a failure. 

Hard to know if this was induced by mechanical or programming errors. It seems hard to imagine it was rider error with your experience, flat ground, sheltered, dry and sunny. But it is a big wheel which i have no experience with so only you could know if its down to that. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I haven't able to ride mine for a few weeks

I know you have the two wheels are they both under repair right now? Or just too busy? I know you said you were waiting on parts.

oops just saw the above. 

Edited by Josiah