THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

20 minutes ago, Paul A said:

The video might be demonstrating that formation in group riding is advisable.

Politeness and manners are not insipid.

People with motorcycle license know this - very well. (repeating myself :) )

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

Thanks again for another REAL video. I always enjoy your personality and riding style. You seem very respectful to others in your videos and i enjoy your commentary and video editing. Looks like a pedal hanger bolt, you might want to check those. I can't be certain though even though i just changed my tire as i partake in the cannabis ounce in a while.

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Thanks again for another REAL video. I always enjoy your personality and riding style. You seem very respectful to others in your videos and i enjoy your commentary and video editing. Looks like a pedal hanger bolt, you might want to check those. I can't be certain though even though i just changed my tire as i partake in the cannabis ounce in a while.

Hey thanks Punxsutawney, I gotta say i’m still figuring the channel out (i think I always will) It has become more of a wheel blog I think lately, just can’t seem to get access to many wheels to test over this way.

all pedal bolts seem intact, had someone i trust comment they think it may not be from my wheel. Lucky I think, or maybe there was another v11 earlier and they have a dodgy pedal hangar now. 

Man i couldn’t deal with a tyre change on this with or without devils cabbage in the mix. 

thanks for watching 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Paul A said:

OK so the guy on the EUC changed position within the group, hit a pot hole and then caused someone else to fall instead of going down himself.  That's the worst aspect of group rides, or even riding with a friend side by side.  A friend slipped in the mud and crashed both of us on a trail ride once.  And I've seen a few mild group ride evens (all single individual contained).  

14 hours ago, winterwheel said:

No one ever has anything more intelligent to say about crashes anymore. Just one insipid geargasm after the next.

Yea fk the gear and geargasms.  Its safer to ride smarter, acquire more skills.  Gear leads to false confidence and yet more crashing.  

13 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

This is an interesting take. I'm intrigued. Could you give me an example of an "intelligent" thing one might say about a crash?

Analysis of video frame by frame reveals the cause.  This one?  Just after his manouver he settled in behind the skateboard and relaxed (straightened up his legs).  Just then a mild pothole bounced him nearly off.  He managed to stay on the wheel by pushing off of the skateboarder - which caused that person to fall instead.  

13 hours ago, Paul A said:

The video might be demonstrating that formation in group riding is advisable.

Politeness and manners are not insipid.

Nobody wants to fall in a group.  But the group does increase risks of random falls.  That's a situation when I wear more gear - and I normally don't wear any or am minimal for gear. 

13 hours ago, Robse said:

ok, i'm not @winterwheel, but how about

"quite unexpectedly"

"not to be predicted"

"exactly the opposite of what was expected"

"irregular behavior"

"unexpected outcome" "

"its like the last remnant of the war against Naples"

"Nobody expects the inquisition" (monte python). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How To Ride In A Group Of Cyclists

3.05M subscribers
Aug 24, 2022

Riding in a group of cyclists can be a lot of fun, but if you're a beginner it can seem really daunting, with all those riders cycling so close together.
Alex and Hank have years of experience riding in big groups, and have collated some of their top tips and tricks to riding safely and effectively in a group.

2 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Analysis of video frame by frame reveals the cause.  This one?  Just after his manouver he settled in behind the skateboard and relaxed (straightened up his legs).  Just then a mild pothole bounced him nearly off.  He managed to stay on the wheel by pushing off of the skateboarder - which caused that person to fall instead.  

My question was for the video 2 up from that one. I didn't realize what video he was speaking about so it didn't make sense to me until i finally saw the one he was referring to. My bad i spoke before i knew what video he was speaking about and he was right. The text on the screen was just a stupid observation.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

I like the fact that you made your own seat and it seems to work well,but i was watching Wrong Way's Master pro tear down video and was wondering if you are relining on the trolley handle pins to keep the seat in the up position? I think the pro has the same design and in his video he shows the pin hitting the top of the shock tower when compressed. Just curious if you had seen the video or not. Its timestamp 10:40 . Maybe i'm wrong and it's a different design.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Another crash vid. Get well dude.

He was very honest with himself, and gave a pretty good self analysis. 

There are just so many unexpected ways to crash an electric wheel. 

I wish him a full recovery.

• Like 2

Perhaps consider there are other members, from diverse nationalities, with cultural differences in attitudes to safety gear.

Some members are new, inexperienced, still learning.

Some members have not even received their first wheel yet.

Other members are elderly.....some are female, whereupon a hip fracture could ultimately be fatal.

To be dismissive of gear is a personal choice.

To object to posting of crash videos, and the advocacy of gear.....seems to be selfish, and a myopic perspective.

The forum is for the benefit of all members.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Paul A said:

Perhaps consider there are other members, from diverse nationalities, with cultural differences in attitudes to safety gear.

Other members are elderly.....some are female, whereupon a hip fracture could ultimately be fatal.

To object to posting of crash videos, and the advocacy of gear.....seems to be selfish, and a myopic perspective.

and TSG helmets are toys

but of course, better to wear something than nothing..

Edited by Robse
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Robse said:

and TSG helmets are toys

Yes.  As evidenced in the crash video by Leucifer, wearing a TSG Pass helmet...

TSG Pass helmet is inadequate.

The very large visor, might give a larger field of vision......at the expense of coverage for the forehead, face.

Protection for the frontal impact zone, seems to be compromised by the design of the TSG Pass.

Lying unconscious on the road can be fatal.

Need to have flashing lights attached to the body. 

Whether on the helmet, strapped to wrist, a reflective vest, etc. 

David Jones, an EUC rider, was killed in San Jose, May 2021, after falling at night, and then struck by a car.

Joel Dort, was killed on a freeway in Hawaii, December 2021.  He was hit, at night, by multiple cars that were unaware he was on the ground.

Motorcycle helmet from a top brand like Arai, Shoei, AGV might be better.

Edited by Paul A
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 8:41 PM, Paul A said:

I stand by my comment.