THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

26 minutes ago, Hirsute said:

I do basics with a group on the morning, and advanced trick riding the afternoon with an other group.

How did you organize your groups and find interested people?  What kind of riders are in your morning session?  Do they have their own wheels?

2 minutes ago, Hirsute said:

I do two groups (from 6 to 12 people in each group): the morning is to help people who want to ride better, to feel good on EUC, and we start some exercices to train one foot and backward. People have to already know how to ride EUC alone, even if they have don't do it correctly. 

The afternoon is for people who already do one foot (and backward if it's possible). The afternoon we learn tricks and some funny exercices.

Everybody come with his own Wheel. 

Thanks @Hirsute! Sounds like an all-day event for me then :clap3:.

I presume, you can deal with non-French speaking participants, right?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

Hi @Hirsute, great to see you are sharing your tricks and some impressive results of that training! I sure love to try that, too! Do you already have a schedule for your next events? What skills should I already possess to benefit from your tricks class? I'm fine on one leg, but never seriously tried going backwards. Which wheel(s) should I bring?

BTW: for some silly reason (most likely copyrighted music), your "stage Lyon" video is blocked on youtube for Germany. Luckily, we can see all your videos on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/wheelhirsute).

Next masterclass will be in Paris (maybe), toulouse, Lille, and maybe Bruxelles again (and maybe other cities in the future). You can come as you are if you are ok on one leg and if you have began to train backward by yourself (even if it's not good)

if you have different wheels, you will learn more tricks on a 14 or a 16, but some people come with 18 inch and it's ok.

For the video restriction i know... it's because of musical rights in Germany. But i like this music... if people don't see the video you can go to see it on my facebook page:

Hirsute EUC - Damien Gaumet

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Have you ever thought of maybe organizing a Ride and Learn class in your area?  I've been tempted to maybe do something on weekends, but I don't know if there's enough interest in my area.  I have my generic wheel still, but it just sits there since I ride my Ninebot mainly.  I was thinking if someone wanted to learn, I could offer some guidance, but I would prefer if they had their own wheel to beat up on though. 

Maybe in a larger centre there are more people trying to learn and offering a group gathering to help teach might be an idea.  Hard to say though since I think a lot of people would prefer to learn on their own as there's a lot of embarrassing crashes that are usually involved.  In Hirsute's case, it looks like he is doing an advanced trick riding class rather than the basics so there likely is more interest in that.  Sometimes though having a club might help draw interest and bring people with a common interest together.  I like how you have been making the effort to organize group rides.

how i wish there were something like that here.... and how i could help lead that ONE DAY

but, i fear there is even LESS interest in this area than where you are

maybe by ME riding i can change that

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I took my MSuper for a ride along the Redondo Beach seaside on this beautiful mid-November Southern California day. Salt water be damned I say!

You and I have spoken at length about this particular ride

I love the video but I , too, Live on the West Coast (of Florida, in my case) and where I sit as I type this I am just two blocks from the salt water that does not mix well with the electronics. 

Of course, in another thread where I'm talking about my real learning process just told the story of how my MCM 4 got a bit out-of-control today and rode off autonomously and about 10 miles an hour until the right pedal struck a pole and now there is a rattling inside the case. It's still rides fine and I have absolutely no idea. My point is salt water is not the only thing for which we have to look out :P.

I'm happy you made the ride but I will have a lot of trouble believing there won't be any consequence(s) from it to the internals of this fine machine. Time will tell.

I know you are off in Griffith Park right now without your video camera thank goodness so you can finally enjoy your ride without having to worry about all of us. Good for you and I can't wait to hear about the ride at least a little bit later.

As always, Marty, thank you for taking the time to share with us all the fun things you do

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:

<snip>

Of course, in another thread where I'm talking about my real learning process just told the story of how my MCM 4 got a bit out-of-control today and rode off autonomously and about 10 miles an hour until the right pedal struck a pole and now there is a rattling inside the case. It's still rides fine and I have absolutely no idea.

<snip>

Most likely, that rattling noise is not indicating any serious trouble. Inside GW wheels (like many others) lots of stuff is simply glued to the shell: batteries, cable guides, the speed alarm beeper. Some of it is just fixed with double sided tape. With a bit of an impact, such items can loose their fix and rattle quite annoyingly. But it's pretty unlikely, that anything malfunctions or receives further damage because of that.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

Most likely, that rattling noise is not indicating any serious trouble. Inside GW wheels (like many others) lots of stuff is simply glued to the shell: batteries, cable guides, the speed alarm beeper. Some of it is just fixed with double sided tape. With a bit of an impact, such items can loose their fix and rattle quite annoyingly. But it's pretty unlikely, that anything malfunctions or receives further damage because of that.

I greatly appreciate your thoughts about that because it makes me feel better.

Thank you

19 minutes ago, Duf said:

Great video but put protection on those folks

Writing around on that hardcourt with no helmets... Is nothing short of stupid (the expression GOOD SAVE should never be heard when talking about someone riding with no experience and no protection).

Enough lecturing...

Make them protect themselves they have a long long life in front and a head injury on the basketball court riding an inexpensive electric unicycle would be sad beyond belief

No offense intended

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome - now you can do house calls without even actually going out!

You may need to duct-tape a tongue-depressor onto the Mavic drone first though...

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, jrkline said:

I passed everything that the KS-18 would handle.I got to a grade of about 45 degrees that stopped the 1200w motor in its tracks,but since its top rating is 30 degrees,it did pretty good.It was very similiar to the grade at Griffith Park that I traversed on your ACM the second time we rode there.

Thanks.If you're available,meet us @ the Greek Theater today at 9am. @Marty Backe and I are gonna do the trails and canyons of Griffith Park(some of the best canyon riding in Southern Cali) and I'll get a chance to test out my newly enhanced 1360Wh ACM.:D Yesterday I did 42 miles of street riding and still had 42% battery remaining,

I'll join you guys soon im still waiting on a few things. Do you have an 84v ACM?

On 11/13/2016 at 5:03 AM, Hirsute said:

I do two groups (from 6 to 12 people in each group): the morning is to help people who want to ride better, to feel good on EUC, and we start some exercices to train one foot and backward. People have to already know how to ride EUC alone, even if they don't do it correctly. 

The afternoon is for people who already do one foot (and backward if it's possible). The afternoon we learn tricks and some funny exercices.

Everybody come with his own Wheel. 

Please pretty please!!! come to New York!!

good stuff man!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Hirsute said:

An other EUC Masterclass with me, in Brussels. A lot of fun and some great talents!

OMG Damien! You have developed a bunch of clones of yourself! I get it....the French are stacking the deck for next year's EUC Talent Contest! If everyone of your students enters it will be HUGE!:thumbup: 

Come on USA, let's show those Frenchies we can build our own Eiffel Tower of skilled riders!:clap3:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Well Mavic stayed up with me on the V5F+ even when I briefly hit 17MPH (tilt back). I decided to leave the controller on the ground so my hands were free while riding. Such a scenic ride! Look at all of the colorful construction trucks in the background:laughbounce2:

I think I want one!  I don't know how it tracks you, but I'd be worried riding near the highway - what if it then gets confused and starts tacking one of the cars that enters its field-of-view.

• Upvote 2