THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

For those who are curious whether this would help them, @noisycarlos did a simple experiment while he was test riding my MSuper. Simply ride it 'backwards'. Turns out Carlos does prefer that pedal orientation, so when/if he buys his MSuper he'll swap the pedals.

I'm almost done riding around San Francisco. We've been riding since 9am around 30 miles so far. I'll report back tonight. So far, I really prefer them this way. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

where I live..... the only UPhill we have is going up the many bridges over the intracoastal waterway

@Greg Spalding I lived in Mayport just outside of Jacksonville for seven years, we had one of those high arching bridges over the intracoastal waterway too.  At the time, mid 80's to early 90's no one used the waterway for commercial barge traffic.  It seemed a huge waste of money building all those high bridges for nothing.  Did the intracoastal waterway ever get used for anything?

Where i live now there is one bridge like that that goes over the Trinity river, one day I asked someone why they made it arch so high and he said there had been the idea to make the river a commercial waterway at one time.  If you saw this river you would see how ridiculous that was, it was a huge waste of money.:furious:

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, steve454 said:

@Greg Spalding I lived in Mayport just outside of Jacksonville for seven years, we had one of those high arching bridges over the intracoastal waterway too.  At the time, mid 80's to early 90's no one used the waterway for commercial barge traffic.  It seemed a huge waste of money building all those high bridges for nothing.  Did the intracoastal waterway ever get used for anything?

Where i live now there is one bridge like that that goes over the Trinity river, one day I asked someone why they made it arch so high and he said there had been the idea to make the river a commercial waterway at one time.  If you saw this river you would see how ridiculous that was, it was a huge waste of money.:furious:

so much money spent for all the wrong reasons...

politicians and their "INSIDE DEALS..." as teachers sit around and get paid nothing and our nation's infrastructure crumbles.... just makes your blood boil

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

For those who are curious whether this would help them, @noisycarlos did a simple experiment while he was test riding my MSuper. Simply ride it 'backwards'. Turns out Carlos does prefer that pedal orientation, so when/if he buys his MSuper he'll swap the pedals.

this is very interesting to me because i kind of WALK LIKE A DUCK.... (like my dad) so... my feet naturally turn a bit outward and "reverse orientation" of the pedals would give me MORE support as well. think i'll make the switch.

appreciate the video 

13 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Throughout that video I kept thinking, "Marty!  Carlos!  Don.. don't go too close to the edge!"  :shock2:  I'm not that afraid of heights, but I'm surprised there wasn't like at  least a guardrail or something on the side there.  Then the stories of unexpected cutouts (bad cell/old 6 MOSFET CB overheat/BMS failure/etc) kept flashing through my mind...  On most videos hills don't look that steep, but in your video it looks very steep!

I also wondered whether a tether would be a good idea especially if there's a slip on loose gravel or dirt, things can go sideways in an instant.  How good is the sideways tilt free wheel cutoff on the Msuper/Ninebot?  Then again maybe it's not a good idea to be tethered to a 30-45 pound weight that goes careening off the cliff...

And why is there always THAT guy who has to spout off regulations everywhere you go in California?  :rolleyes:   I had a guy tell me in the Redwood forest that I couldn't run my genset after 8 pm.  It was sweltering hot, and I needed to run my AC and other items for a small party.  I like California, but I like people minding their own business too.  :furious:

So funny :)  I thought maybe the video didn't show how steep the paths were - at the beginning of the ride, if it was much steeper we would have had to stop. So yeah, there were tough sections to climb. Usually had a good 3 feet from the edge, so we weren't worried about falling off. Tethering would definitely not be a good idea ;-)

Yeah, it doen't happen too often, but there's always 'one of those' in the crowd. I always try an be respectful and don't bother people with our wheels. Prior to that guy, I had spent 10 minutes talking to about a dozen people who were asking all kinds of questions. So fortunately most people think they're cool.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@noisycarlos and I met at the south entrance to Griffith Park and took one of the front dirt access roads up to the Helipad, and continued onward, visiting other parts of the park. I road my MSuper V3 and Carlos had his Ninebot. It was a pleasant November morning in Southern California.

Here's a video with some of the highlights.

Superb ride! :) 

Don't let the fear in those who question your decision to ride affect the way you see the pure wonder in the others that can dream. 

Well done Marty!

Edited by swvision
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@noisycarlos and I met at the south entrance to Griffith Park and took one of the front dirt access roads up to the Helipad, and continued onward, visiting other parts of the park. I road my MSuper V3 and Carlos had his Ninebot. It was a pleasant November morning in Southern California.

A truly fantastic video. I'm glad that @noisycarlos Could join you for the first half of your ride, but happy that you went on beyond that back up to the water tower and showing us how close you could ride to the edge because that played very well on my 27 inch screen. As I've said before, such amazing topography where you live. It is a very cool thing that you have barely scratched the surface of all the wonderful trails Griffith Park has to offer.

Thanks again for taking the time to share this movie because you and I have spoken many times about how the obligation to videotape while riding can certainly detract from the enjoyment the rider is having

• Upvote 2

On 11/5/2016 at 8:02 PM, SuperSport said:

I'm comparing it to the NineBot One E+, my other wheel.  The NineBot is so much easier to climb hills or push forward.  The MSuper V3 has better pedals though.

@SuperSport That's interesting because my ACM can accelerate up hills where my Ninebot would slow to a crawl. I would have thought the msuper v3 would be similar. 

Edited by Shoe73

6 hours ago, swvision said:

Awesome video as always!

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I like California, but I like people minding their own business too.  :furious:

I live in California, and believe me, the Nanny State is STRONG here.  Between that and our rising taxes without any benefits (to normal citizens), I'm just about to leave this once Great State. It's been overrun by Debbie Downers, and that's a shame.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@noisycarlos and I met at the south entrance to Griffith Park [...]

I enjoyed your nice video, @Marty Backe! The second best thing to do is virtual riding through someone else's camera lens now that the snow over here prevents riding in reality. I guess some people get scornful (11:00) just because you look kind of tough in your helmet, sunglasses and pads. They might think you are some Evel Knievel about to do a dozen burn-outs and tear the whole hill apart.

Wasn't there also one or two @Duf videos here as well before the big forum drop-out? I envy all those smooth Florida concrete paths for wheeling. Could we ask for them to be posted again? Or better yet, post the whole series in a separate thread as a nice, instructive and inspiring guide for budding eucists. 'Perseverance' is the key.

There is also this guy who is a great example for newbies and learns to ride in ten sessions. His young son who picked it up quickly is holding the camera while giving some instructions. I told them about this forum so I hope they will join and put up some videos here now that they are up and running. Eventually he buys an Inmotion V8 but here is session 1-3 on a generic(?):

Edited by Snurre
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

Hello All,

Just another video for my VLOG I put together..  It could have been better but it was a late night Sunday.... Any recently I just acquired a Inmotion V8 for my wife, which she loves btw... she was quick to dump her S2 now and is love.... I put a video together with her riding along with other things through out my day. Hope you all like!\

I watched it last night and it is a great video

love to see the look of the V8 at night... and the place where you work

thanks for sharing it with us

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Snurre said:

Me gustó mucho su buen video, @Marty Backe ! El segundo mejor que puede hacer es montar a caballo virtual a través de la lente de cámara de otra persona ahora que la nieve aquí impide montar en la realidad. Supongo que algunas personas se desdeñosa (11:00) simplemente porque te ves un poco difícil en sus cascos, gafas de sol y las almohadillas. Puede ser que piensen que eres un poco de Evel Knievel a punto de hacer una docena de burn-outs y romper toda la colina aparte.

¿No había también uno o dos @Duf  videos aquí, así antes de que el gran foro de abandono? Envidio a todos esos caminos lisos de hormigón Florida para rodar. Podríamos pedir que se publicarán de nuevo? O mejor aún, publicar toda la serie en un hilo separado como una guía agradable, instructiva y estimulante para hacer crecer eucists. 'Perseverancia' es la clave.

También hay un tipo que es un gran ejemplo para los novatos y aprende a montar en diez sesiones. Su joven hijo, que lo recogió rápidamente es la celebración de la cámara mientras que da algunas instrucciones. Les hablé de este foro, así que espero que se unirán y poner algunos videos ahora que están en marcha y funcionando. Finalmente se compra un Inmotion V8 pero aquí es sesión de 1-3 en un genérico (?):

It is easier to learn in a long wall, the brain has to learn several things at a time, in video can be seen, in the car or in the garage, the zone of contact with the hand is terminated very soon and concentration In the wheel, in a wall or fence can concentrate more time on the sensations of the wheel and balance, in this video in the minute 3.15 we can see, I learned this way in 3 hours

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

The video is awesome! What a great gift to your wife!

You just solved my problem as my wife is still not aware of my V8;) I will give it to her as a present! Since she refuses to ride an EUC I will be able have my cake and eat it too:D

Awesome - that is good news! Trust me your wife will love it! Does she know how to ride? It's a beautiful wheel - trust me!!

• Upvote 2

On 11/8/2016 at 0:17 PM, Snurre said:

I enjoyed your nice video, @Marty Backe! The second best thing to do is virtual riding through someone else's camera lens now that the snow over here prevents riding in reality. I guess some people get scornful (11:00) just because you look kind of tough in your helmet, sunglasses and pads. They might think you are some Evel Knievel about to do a dozen burn-outs and tear the whole hill apart.

Wasn't there also one or two @Duf videos here as well before the big forum drop-out? I envy all those smooth Florida concrete paths for wheeling. Could we ask for them to be posted again? Or better yet, post the whole series in a separate thread as a nice, instructive and inspiring guide for budding eucists. 'Perseverance' is the key.

There is also this guy who is a great example for newbies and learns to ride in ten sessions. His young son who picked it up quickly is holding the camera while giving some instructions. I told them about this forum so I hope they will join and put up some videos here now that they are up and running. Eventually he buys an Inmotion V8 but here is session 1-3 on a generic(?):

Yea my learning stuff is mostly in another thread but just hit my YouTube channel, it's all there.  https://www.youtube.com/user/Dufisthenics

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's a lunchtime video where I take my ACM 16 from LAX to Venice Beach. It was a beautiful November day in Southern California.

I'm jealous! Beautiful scenery, You are one lucky person! That mirror attachment is a must. I'm constantly looking back while riding.