THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

29 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Wondering if DJI's soon to be released VR goggles will allow me to maintain a clear view of the Mavic as it follows me (with the controller)  but still allows for adequate visual perception?

I'm not sure what the law says where you are, but in the UK, flying with an FPV, or VR visor on your own is illegal, and doesn't count as 'eyes on your craft'. Over here we have to take a spotter with us if we want to fly that way, so that someone always has direct unaided view of the UAV in the sky. We are also limited to 400 ft high, and 1500 ft from launch position in any direction. 

• Upvote 1

That looks sort of like my old Hubsan X4.  I think I bought it from Banggood  when I was into flying V911's.  They also have a video version, but the shakey video quality was like jello and not really worth taking.  I could fly the V911 everywhere inside, but the X4 was very twitchy to handle and sounds like a giant mosquito.  I never did get used to it for some reason.  I could do some basic flight patterns, but once I lost orientation of the front/back it was a crap shoot.  I should dig it up and practice a bit more with it.  I wonder if the LiPos are all dead by now...

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

We are also limited to 400 ft high, and 1500 ft from launch position in any direction. 

Freedom isn't for every people of this earth...We have a Mommy culture here, but her people left your fair land centuries ago so that we would not be subject to arbitrary drone regulations...Freedom isn't free and we here in the new world enjoy the fruits of our distraction! Fruits planted centuries ago to a people that simply took different paths...

Dang that sucks!

Edited by Roll Model

1 hour ago, Duf said:

For the second time in a couple weeks, youth appears to be a key ingredient in being able to learn the basics of EUC riding quickly, very quickly.  This was Katie's third session, prior to this she may have spent a total of 30 minutes learning.

That's so awesome!  Congrats to the whole family!

On 11/17/2016 at 5:39 AM, Cerbera said:

Mainly the ability to fly without any assistance from self-levelling or GPS in full manual mode, and to be able to control the UAV without thinking, no matter which way it is pointing. That skill alone can take years to master, which is why most new pilots just don't bother. But those skills are the only thing that stands between your craft smashed into the ground, and your craft returned safely to you in the event of an 'unforeseen episode' as us former DJI pilots call them :)

that is correct I have been flying for 2 years.... I wouldn't really too much on autonomous controls.. I've seen drones go into alti mode and the pilot freak out....since they dont know how to fly....

Once the drone is in alti mode... it mean the stabilization is gone and your now in control... if the wind takes your drone and you dont know how to fly please kiss it good by and pray it don't come crashing down on somebody..

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Duf said:

Yea I can't believe how fast the kids learned.  Daniel is 20 and Katie is 22.  I just bought her a rather large Xmas present, an Inmotion v5F. :)

That's SO awesome!  My good friend recently bought the V5F+ and he thinks it's one of the best wheels ever made.  He came from NineBot One E+ and P.  She'll LOVE that wheel.  I've ridden it, and it's super easy to handle and even move around by hand when needed.  Lots of nice features included.

PS:  Hopefully she does not follow this forum...   ;)

• Upvote 2

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love I think he is using @Rehab1's ploy to stay out of the doghouse.  "I had to make sure it was safe" As his stable of wheels gets larger and larger:P

@Rehab1 did you ever post a picture of your experimental helicopter?  The one that you kept the rotors to hidden under leaves at your hangar?  (I mean pole barn):ph34r:

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:shock2:  Santa's trying out the toys?  :shock2:   I think I would have done the same thing.  Waiting for 4 weeks is a killer!  Open all the presents NOW!!! :dribble::w00t2:

Sorry, but you will have to wait a while longer for your present @Hunka Hunka Burning Love... I'm still blowing her up! 

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Upvote 3