THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

<snip>

I have never been down to this area of town because it is known for a lot of crime!

<snip>

Ohio has bad people? :o

4 hours ago, Duf said:

I think he would have gotten a lot more benefit from drafting behind you. To be fair your title is a bit misleading - there was no race ;-)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Just a short video of trying out some new trick filming ideas/techniques including:

Using a motorised slider rail (horizontal & vertical). This works really well for filming tricks as the movement of the camera is more pleasing to watch than static "CCTV" footage. Filmed during a lunchtime session, the building in the background is the Shard.

3 meter selfie pole - when spinning around fast it generates loads of wind resistance and makes a crazy noise.

I have also been trying some tricks in my Tron costume - I got buzzed by the met police helicopter last night which diverted its flight path to have a look :-)

DUDE!!

Where to even begin...  The sliding camera - awesome both ways. And the (selfie) pole is fantastic. This should have all been in the EUC competition!

Using The Shard as a backdrop is just plain cheating though, but you make up for it with the Tron costume - please try that again at dusk though, so we can see the costume and the light show!!!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Just a short video of trying out some new trick filming ideas/techniques including:

Using a motorised slider rail (horizontal & vertical). This works really well for filming tricks as the movement of the camera is more pleasing to watch than static "CCTV" footage. Filmed during a lunchtime session, the building in the background is the Shard.

3 meter selfie pole - when spinning around fast it generates loads of wind resistance and makes a crazy noise.

I have also been trying some tricks in my Tron costume - I got buzzed by the met police helicopter last night which diverted its flight path to have a look :-)

Best video I have seen in a long time, really well made. 

Where did you get the Tron costume from..?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

There simply are no words to describe your magnificent riding, theatrical production and professional filming and editing techniques!:thumbup:! So proud you are associated with this forum!  Please, please, please enter the 2017 EUC Video Talent Contest!!!!!

Are you aware yo have your very own emoticon on this forum?:facepalm:

3 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

I'm prepping up my Youtube channel to prepare for my new Mavic Pro drone to arrive. I decided to clean it and give it a theme covering my 2 favorite hobbies in the world: drones and EUC. Most of the videos are about this drones and electric unicycles anyway. When you think about it the new DJI Mavic Pro and EUC are a perfect match in terms of portability. 

Feel free to check out my channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkXGlpY61Z1-Z7mWqw6-eMg

I made a small compilation of hill climbing to celebrate the overhaul.

Awesome video and skills!!!  Thanks man! I can't wait to see your Mavic Drone footage! You need enter the 2017 EUC Video Talent Contest!!

Wow there is going to be an overwhelming amount of superb talent next year! 

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

<snip>

I have never been down to this area of town because it is known for a lot of crime!

<snip>

Ohio has bad people? :o

Just in some parts of the town. I would certainly be worried riding in Chicago:cry2:

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Just in some parts of the town. I would certainly be worried riding in Chicago:cry2:

Thanks for the video. I was completely surprised that Chicago is down to #24 in the Most Dangerous Cities in the US. Toledo is actually at #15 and I don't blame you for carrying more than pads for protection but it is still sad that you need to.

Edited by Snurre
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Just a short video [...]

Truly awesome video! A motorized slider seems bulky to carry around for a lunch session so how did you manage that?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Planetpapi said:

First time trying with DJI Phantom 3 "follow me" mode. Not quite there yet. Don't know If I'm doing something or the drone itself changes altitude. 

'

So many methods to record ourselves these days! Did you feel you had to guide the Phantom 3 with a lot of inputs to follow you? It appeared to be tracking.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

Best video I have seen in a long time, really well made. 

Where did you get the Tron costume from..?

Thanks for all the kind words - I just like to experiment with filming - I still need to learn how to edit properly and make a story.

I got the el-panel pieces for the Tron costume from: http://elwirecraft.co.uk/ They are also on (UK) ebay.

These were carefully attached to a (cheap) black tracksuit using hook and loop tape and driven by a portable el-driver and 12 v battery.

The light up shoes were from ebay (the high-style shoes work better as they seem more resistant to accidentally changing pattern/colour mid-ride).

The light up band was made using a strip of individually addressable LEDs and a Arduino Nano.

15 hours ago, Snurre said:

Truly awesome video! A motorized slider seems bulky to carry around for a lunch session so how did you manage that?

The motorised slider is 1.7 m long but very light - it's very easy to transport even with an additional tripod. When I get a chance I'll try to put up a post of some photographs of some of the different rigs I have tried.

• Upvote 2

Here's a tediously long video, but it's long for a reason - I'm doing a hill challenge (2nd tallest hill in Hampshire!), getting along the new cycle path and trying to determine what are the safe speeds along various sections of that. Also testing helmet cam (GoPro4), and my new Fog City Anti-mist-up Visor insert (works well). Actual speed all the way through, with no diverting scenery, so me, and all the EUCers that want to ride it know where the potholes are and where it's safe to get a bit of speed on. For various reasons, the GoPro4 isn't as good as the GoPro3+ I used to have, but then I threw that in the sea, so we're stuck with it :) 

The MSV3 on the other hand, did really really well, and didn't overheat, or give up on me, despite some fairly constant uphill action towards the end.

CBR

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Thanks for all the kind words - I just like to experiment with filming - I still need to learn how to edit properly and make a story.

I got the el-panel pieces for the Tron costume from: http://elwirecraft.co.uk/ They are also on (UK) ebay.

These were carefully attached to a (cheap) black tracksuit using hook and loop tape and driven by a portable el-driver and 12 v battery.

The light up shoes were from ebay (the high-style shoes work better as they seem more resistant to accidentally changing pattern/colour mid-ride).

The light up band was made using a strip of individually addressable LEDs and a Arduino Nano.

The motorised slider is 1.7 m long but very light - it's very easy to transport even with an additional tripod. When I get a chance I'll try to put up a post of some photographs of some of the different rigs I have tried.

I just subscribed to your channel! Great work, Epic videos man! 

4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Here's a tediously long video, but it's long for a reason - I'm doing a hill challenge (2nd tallest hill in Hampshire!), getting along the new cycle path and trying to determine what are the safe speeds along various sections of that. Also testing helmet cam (GoPro4), and my new Fog City Anti-mist-up Visor insert (works well). Actual speed all the way through, with no diverting scenery, so me, and all the EUCers that want to ride it know where the potholes are and where it's safe to get a bit of speed on. For various reasons, the GoPro4 isn't as good as the GoPro3+ I used to have, but then I threw that in the sea, so we're stuck with it :) 

The MSV3 on the other hand, did really really well, and didn't overheat, or give up on me, despite some fairly constant uphill action towards the end.

CBR

I like this video! Good stuff man!

• Upvote 1