THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

8 hours ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

Drones & EU's .

Great drone footage, is that a Yuneec Typhoon?

Amazing trick riding backwards while reading a book!

In the park, Sunday I saw a guy walking and reading a book, then the same day saw a second guy walking and reading a book.  I remember thinking, is this some new trend, like playing Pokemon while walking?  I don't see that much lately, maybe it's over around here, but not even in the same class as riding an EUC backwards while reading.  

And the way you ride, not even looking at the ground ahead but side to side watching for things coming at you from the side, very impressive!

Also using the goggles to fly, hard to do.:thumbup::thumbup:

For that matter, riding backwards at that speed, wow!

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2016 at 0:50 AM, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Just a short video of trying out some new trick filming ideas/techniques

How did you do the part starting at about 1:53? Was it really that dark? If so, how could you see the wheel and see where you were going? Or was that some kind of post processing of the video?

Edited by MaxLinux

13 hours ago, steve454 said:

Great drone footage, is that a Yuneec Typhoon?

Amazing trick riding backwards while reading a book!

In the park, Sunday I saw a guy walking and reading a book, then the same day saw a second guy walking and reading a book.  I remember thinking, is this some new trend, like playing Pokemon while walking?  I don't see that much lately, maybe it's over around here, but not even in the same class as riding an EUC backwards while reading.  

And the way you ride, not even looking at the ground ahead but side to side watching for things coming at you from the side, very impressive!

Also using the goggles to fly, hard to do.:thumbup::thumbup:

For that matter, riding backwards at that speed, wow!

steve thank you for your kind words -

The drone used is the inspire 1 from DJI.. I am looking at the Yuneec though just not sure if i could get around that huge controller..haha

I'll be honest - I dont normally ride backwards while reading but since it was a cold day and there wasn't to many obstacles in the way (people) i figured hey if i fall there's nobody around to laugh at me.....

Riding backwards is almost like riding a bike at some point once you learn it, you just do it, and once you have full control your not worried to much about anything. 

And trust me riding backwards is not as hard as you think, like riding forward for the first time you have to train your mind to get over the whole( its a 1 one vehicle and i'm leaning towards my death)... 

I'm glad you liked the video. thank you!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

That was great! My favorite part was the backwards riding! I have not even tried to ride backwards. Your wife was zooming quite gracefully!

Thank you very  much, yeah my wife loves her v8... Believe it or not she's actually a slow rider.. She loves to just ride slow. Reviewing the footage I was shocked to see just how fast she was going....

Riding backwards is not a must learn but it's something you should master. It's gotten me out of alot of tight situations. I commute 15 miles everyday to and from work and a quick stop into a reverse has came in very handy!

On 30/11/2016 at 2:37 AM, MaxLinux said:

How did you do the part starting at about 1:53? Was it really that dark? If so, how could you see the wheel and see where you were going? Or was that some kind of post processing of the video?

It was filmed in a basketball court at my local park - it was very dark as it was a cloudy night and there are no nearby lighting but the Tron suit gives off enough light to (kind of) allow you to see what you are doing. I solved the problem of background light by attaching the camera to one of the basketball hoops and pointing it slightly forward and down so there was no background light source in the frame. 

• Upvote 1

@jrkline and I took a Sunday morning ride in the Whittier mountains. Lots of fantastic dirt bike paths to have fun on. I had failed to make this climb a week again. Jeff made three attempts (got higher then me for sure), but had to call it quits. I captured him on my phone, mounting the wheel on the side of the hill and riding down.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

The last clip (from about 3:04 onwards) shows some really abnormal wheel behaviour - triggered when failing in an attempt to do a Penny Spin - the wheel got stuck in a self sustaining spin which just went on and on. Not sure if other people have seen this happening? :facepalm:

Mad skills there, Sir ! Excellent work. I wasn't even aware that EUCs could do a self-sustaining spin ! I wonder if they all can ?

Edited by Cerbera

22 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I know...dumb place to have a glass display cabinet.

It's a perfect place for a Glass Display Cabinet.  It forces you to learn quickly, or you have a spectacular video for YouTube!  Either way, it's a Win Win for us. ;)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

It's a perfect place for a Glass Display Cabinet.  It forces you to learn quickly, or you have a spectacular video for YouTube!  Either way, it's a Win Win for us. ;)

The glass case is a bit ominous when riding but does add a little drama. A gifted artist worked in this location and left the cabinet behind. I should sell it fast before the curse you placed on me actually comes true!:P

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2016 at 9:42 AM, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Also included is some footage of circle of cone practice where you do one trick per loop - this is great for challenging yourself.

Tough crowd Jonathan! Your reps on this video should easily have topped 30!

40 minutes ago, trya said:

Olga got an early Christmas present (Inmotion V8)! ...and I was generously allowed to try it too :)

Trya, you are a lucky man that your spouse enjoys the same hobby!:crying: