THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

17 minutes ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

I'm jealous! Beautiful scenery, You are one lucky person! That mirror attachment is a must. I'm constantly looking back while riding. 

Yes, there's a lot of nice year round riding in California. I use the Race Icon Bike Helmet Mirror which is great. Lots of adjustability, and it really does offer a lot of situational awareness. I bought mine from Amazon:  https://amzn.com/B00SXHQP4C

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's a lunchtime video where I take my ACM 16 from LAX to Venice Beach. It was a beautiful November day in Southern California.

Nice relaxing ride! Lunch Time? How about vacation time:) You should have rolled down into the skateboard park and showed them a thing or two! If you can ever hook up with @Sidestreet Reny he would love crashing their party on his wheel!:P

IMG_0437.PNG

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Nice relaxing ride! Lunch Time? How about vacation time:) You should have rolled down into the skateboard park and showed them a thing or two! If you can ever hook up with @Sidestreet Reny he would love crashing their party on his wheel!:P

IMG_0437.PNG

I do try an limit these lunchtime breaks to once a week :-)   Unfortunately @Sidestreet Reny is a few hundred miles away in the northern section of the state. If that place was empty I would be tempted to see if you can ride a wheel in there.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I do try an limit these lunchtime breaks to once a week :-)   Unfortunately @Sidestreet Reny is a few hundred miles away in the northern section of the state. If that place was empty I would be tempted to see if you can ride a wheel in there.

Our group here in Northern Cali do ride in the Skate Parks occasionally.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

IMG_0437.PNG

I was afraid he was going to ride his ACM write down in that bowl... "AFRAID" not because I didn't think @Marty Backe Could do it... but "AFRAID" because it would make me feel even worse about my horrendous skills:crying:

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, jrkline said:

some promotional videos of us riding their latest wheels

It was fun to see Tina riding! The wheels showed excellent performance on the muddy, deeply rutted road (starting approx. 7:00). Unfortunately, the video turns black from 8:52 until the end. But the part that I could see was great.

Edited by MaxLinux
  • Upvote 2

Just now, MaxLinux said:

It was fun to see Tina riding! The wheels showed excellent performance on the muddy, deeply rutted road (starting approx. 7:30). Unfortunately, the video turns black from 8:52 until the end. But the part that I could see was great.

I don't know what happened there.

1 hour ago, jrkline said:

On a recent visit to China I met up with @tinawong at the King Song facility and toured their warehouse and assembly facility.While there,they decided to make some promotional videos of us riding their latest wheels around the area which was totally cool and were kind enough to give me a copy.One of the wheels I rode is the soon to be released KS-14D.

That's a great video and music is one of my favorites of all time

All three wheels have nearly flat tires, however

Not sure you realize that

I'm sure they can all use a good 20-30 psi increase

sorry to notice

even more sorry if i am wrong

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Snurre said:

Nice video, @logos122. What is your experience with that Msuper seat,? Is it practical? I'm not sure that it is very comfortable for people around 6ft. 

I just got the msuper3s+ and the seat today, so I only have a little bit of riding experience with it. When my feet starting hurting today, I did use the seat for a couple minutes and my feet did feel better.  It is pretty low for me at only 5'7" and you feel/look kind of silly doing it. I think the seat on the gotway monster would be the perfect height.

Edited by logos122
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jrkline said:

On a recent visit to China I met up with @tinawong at the King Song facility and toured their warehouse and assembly facility.While there,they decided to make some promotional videos of us riding their latest wheels around the area which was totally cool and were kind enough to give me a copy.One of the wheels I rode is the soon to be released KS-14D.

That 'road' towards the end must be their torture test and newbie proving grounds. Did you pass ;-)

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I sure wish we had as much interest here as you do there. That's great!

Have you ever thought of maybe organizing a Ride and Learn class in your area?  I've been tempted to maybe do something on weekends, but I don't know if there's enough interest in my area.  I have my generic wheel still, but it just sits there since I ride my Ninebot mainly.  I was thinking if someone wanted to learn, I could offer some guidance, but I would prefer if they had their own wheel to beat up on though. 

Maybe in a larger centre there are more people trying to learn and offering a group gathering to help teach might be an idea.  Hard to say though since I think a lot of people would prefer to learn on their own as there's a lot of embarrassing crashes that are usually involved.  In Hirsute's case, it looks like he is doing an advanced trick riding class rather than the basics so there likely is more interest in that.  Sometimes though having a club might help draw interest and bring people with a common interest together.  I like how you have been making the effort to organize group rides.

• Upvote 3