THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

@Rehab1. I thought of you when I read that clause.  Fools easily agree eh!  It's a sad sign of the times.  We are the first generation of EUC riders and we may be the last.  This may be the golden age of the EUC.

switzerland, Germany, england, Hong Kong, Swaziland ( ok I made the last one up). Bans are popping up all over. I wold t be surprised if @trya and olga sell their wheels.  Where's the fun I wheeling around like a fugitive, always looking over your shoulder for the fuzz. I was plannin n taking Lassie back to England when I go home; but I don't Want to sneak around pretending to be a cyclist looking for the rest of my bike.

enjoy it while you can folks, the future does not belong to us.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Smoother said:

This may be the golden age of the EUC.

Bans are popping up all over.

I don't Want to sneak around pretending to be a cyclist looking for the rest of my bike.

enjoy it while you can folks, the future does not belong to us.

And what's most frustrating is that these "Laws" are made by bureaucrats that have ZERO experience in this matter. They sit there making "Laws" that effect other people's lives because it gives them little tiny stiffies to be able to control people. 

We Can vote these idiots out if we want. Look what happened in the US election. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

videos of you, your wife and family enjoying themselves on EUCs!! With such a diverse group of members on this forum there are only a few videos featuring female riders!

Yes, the family aspect is very enjoyable! I've been enjoying Trya's, Tishawn's and Duf's family videos. I used to really like when Dion's / djquestionthis' / myfunwheel's daughter joined him in the videos (my favorite: taking that huge projection screen to the coach's house). Did she go off to college or something?

Edited by MaxLinux
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Smoother said:

enjoy it while you can folks, the future does not belong to u

I am not sure what the future holds but I am convinced, after watching videos of EUCs going extremely fast on pedestrian traveled walkways, that someone will eventually become seriously injured and it will have a devastating negative effect on our attempts to change the laws!

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I am not sure what the future holds but I am convinced, after watching videos of EUCs going extremely fast on pedestrian traveled walkways, that someone will eventually become seriously injured and it will have a devastating negative effect on our attempts to change the laws!

Well the same can be said about cars / planes even bikes..... The amount of deaths caused by cars......... But I do agree I don't like riding on the sidewalks.. I never do. I fear running into pedestrians..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

Well the same can be said about cars / planes even bikes..... The amount of deaths caused by cars......... But I do agree I don't like riding on the sidewalks.. I never do. I fear running into pedestrians..

We don't have a choice though. Even in countries where EUC's are not allowed on roads OR pavements / sidewalks, I suspect it is somewhat defensible if you are caught riding safely and with consideration for pedestrians on the latter, whereas if you are on a road, amongst cars and other traffic - well there is simply no defence for that - it IS inconsiderate, and it IS unsafe to do so, unless there are zero cars on that road.

But this is particularly annoying, because roads are often far superior surfaces, and much more conducive to smooth, event-free riding than pavements are, at least in the UK, where the quality of paving is so widely variable.

Edited by Cerbera

13 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I ride mostly on sidewalks because I think it's safest for me and less annoying for car drivers in the street. If the street has a shoulder or bike lane, I use it, but in my area most streets do not. When I am on the sidewalk, I do everything I can to be as courteous and non-threatening as possible by slowing down and keeping my distance from pedestrians. I go out into the street when I encounter pedestrians. If it is not safe to do so, I stop, step aside, and let the pedestrians pass. 

Makes sense... For some strange reason here in the city.. people get very agitated and annoyed seeing anybody with wheels on the sidewalk.. bikes eu etc...... Also Cops will give you a ticket for riding on the sidewalk here... But yes if there is a bike lane i'm on it all the way.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Cerbera said:

We don't have a choice though. Even in countries where EUC's are not allowed on roads OR pavements / sidewalks, I suspect it is somewhat defensible if you are caught riding safely and with consideration for pedestrians on the latter, whereas if you are on a road, amongst cars and other traffic - well there is simply no defence for that - it IS inconsiderate, and it IS unsafe to do so, unless there are zero cars on that road.

But this is particularly annoying, because roads are often far superior surfaces, and much more conducive to smooth, event-free riding than pavements are, at least in the UK, where the quality of paving is so widely variable.

You hit it right on the head... The road in the streets are more safer. Here in New York - riding cautious unfortunately doesn't show kind gesture. The police will give us a ticket.. Doesn't matter what form of transportation it is. Riding on the sidewalk are a no no here.. We have no choice but to go on the street.....smh..

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Karger said:

Hy Guys

New Video, from Hungary. Dec.6

Great stuff. It's frustrating that getting a similarly sized group together in the United States is so difficult. Maybe we're all loners here :huh:

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Great stuff. It's frustrating that getting a similarly sized group together in the United States is so difficult. Maybe we're all loners here :huh:

We're so spread out here. Many other countries people are tightly packed. 

That 360 degree video is pretty cool.  I like how you can drag around the video (on a PC).  I've seen some music videos with that on Youtube as well as some jet fighter flights.  What camera are you using to capture it?

1 hour ago, Karger said:

Hy Guys

New Video, from Hungary. Dec.6

36 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That 360 degree video is pretty cool.  I like how you can drag around the video (on a PC).  I've seen some music videos with that on Youtube as well as some jet fighter flights.  What camera are you using to capture it?

And if you have a modern smart phone you can often change the orientation of the phone to move the came - that whole virtual reality thing

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Samsung Gear 360

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I made a club in Hungary, and organize EUC meeting