THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

A different kind of EUC video this time.

Dude, that was fantastic!  Did you write that yourself? This is pure EUC Gold! This will be the video I will be sharing with people who don't understand why we ride or simply curious and want to know more behind our infatuation with these wonderful machines. Bravo!!

Edited by 5Cauac
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, 5Cauac said:

Dude, that was fantastic!  Did you write that yourself? This is pure EUC Gold! This will be the video I will be sharing with people who don't understand why we ride or simply curious and want to know more behind our infatuation with these wonderful machines. Bravo!!

Wow, thank you so much, guys! Yes, I wrote the narrative and made the video by myself from the footage I had from other EUC video projects I’ve made.

Really happy to hear such positive comments on it! :wub:

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2

@mrelwood great job capturing the joys of riding! I think I've even "forgot" items at the store shopping with the family just to go back later on the wheel. 

You've taken thoughts in my head that coming from me would have been "riding is cool and fun" and actually turned them into something that makes sense. 

I showed your video to my wife and now she really wants to learn, 2yrs of bugging her on my end and you succeeded in meat minutes haha.

She's so used to hearing only about the exciting parts of a ride, the landing crooked and saving it, the car that ran a red light, but your video exposes the aspects that really matter. This made her understand how much more than a transport device these things are.

Thank you!

• Like 3

On 9/15/2021 at 11:24 PM, mrelwood said:

A different kind of EUC video this time.

Excellent mate, very thought provoking and an excellent presentation :)

Similar in essence, but quite different in it's presentation is this vid (which isn't mine, this is far, far too good for me) which I have saved on my YT account. It gives me goosebumps every time I watch it and the soundtrack just fits so well it's almost as if it was written for the video. Hope it's OK to post someone elses vid here, not sure if the creator is a member here or not but I think it's utterly brilliant:

• Like 3

Nice video, beginners always seem to slouch and look downwards at the start.

Think a good way to learn a new skill is to just watch another person and the brain seems to subconsciously absorb the details.

Just observe, try not to actively think or analyze, let the brain absorb passively.

No explanations, instructions, or inputs from others.

Maybe try the technique yourself on a new skill like maybe hitting a golf ball, a tennis ball, etc, and see how it might be a good way to acquire new skills.

Maybe try the technique on the next friend who is going to learn the EUC.

Thought I'd try ride the Leeds & Liverpool canal 119 miles of rough to semi rough terrain on the veteran sherman, I charged it half way for one hour only ,, what a beautiful day

Not my usual editing but it was all done on the phone

• Like 3

On 9/18/2021 at 2:13 PM, Paul A said:

Not sure if this has been posted before.

A Thai Police Tactical Training video uploaded by “Police Instructor Story”, demonstrating the effectiveness of using Electric Unicycles (EUCs) to apprehend an armed suspect.

If they are going to be outfitted with the s18, nobody needs worry too much.:lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldFartRides said:

Apologies if this clip was posted already…ride safe folks. Keep the rubber side down.

Sorry iv absolutely no sympathy for people like that , So many schoolboy rider errors... people like this shouldn't be allowed to even cross a road without holding a grownups hand nevermind using a pev capable of 30mph+

Edited by davewood1982
  • Like 3

Really does need to have a stop sign for a side street joining onto the main road, not just a solid painted line on the road.

Weather conditions of poor visibility, low light, distance/time of visual pre warning, etc.

Water reflection on road can make road markings impossible to see.

Seems to be poor intersection design a contributing factor.