THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Yep. Train to somewhere on Long Island (Hey there is a train. In the U.S.!! How could you not use the rare opportunity:efeebb3acc:), ride around, train back. Or ride from home outwards til your battery is (nearly) dead and take the train back. Or even just ride 30km out and then back. So much to see.

Can you cross the George Washington Bridge by wheel? Then even a tour into the "New Jersey Wilderness" right from their doors would be doable.

Also wondered a lot why people just stay in the city center (so to speak) and never even go to some outskirts.

If I lived there, I would have made a "Hamptons posh homes tour" already, visited a few of the existing nicer (posh) villages on LI, etc. @Bob Eisenman style (hey Bob, how about a Cape Cod sightseeing thing? Might be too far from you though.).

edit: You can't tell me that this baby here doesn't seductively scream "Ride me from one end to the other!" to you, NYC people! 50km (30mi) length, add some distance for getting from/to the start and end, it's like it was made for wheeling. You could probably ride on the beach ffs.

Yes, you can ride all over the place (I ride across the GWB like almost once a month actually), but really difficult when you're working full-time and live in the city center, then have to do overtime shooting/editing these videos *smh.

19 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

@houseofjob when you visit Utah here's your ride...

p.s.  With this MSX, EUC inventory just exceeded my motorcycle inventory lol...

Nice! Thanks!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Well, Thanks @Marty Backe you and Dans voice and body language was enough for me, that was clear TKO for me.  :thumbup:  MSX in 1600 Wh is the one I want... :D Just spoke to Jason, they are starting the production today.  Air freight is extra $200 and will receive in 3 wks... Mine will take the slow boat ride and looking like 6 wks out for mine... @houseofjob when you visit Utah here's your ride...

p.s.  With this MSX, EUC inventory just exceeded my motorcycle inventory lol...

Congrat's, and thanks for the info from @Jason McNeil. I didn't realize that the wait was going to be so long (assuming they were already into production). Oh well, I'll have to make do with my existing wheels :(

• Like 3

3 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Little 360 Video clip of Ninebot One Z10 Ride.  360 Video is not ready for prime time

Ohhh @Hunka Hunka Burning Love in Borat-mankini-style? Or what did you do to not rate for prime time?

9 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Not to worry,  this was in relation to the different production batches: the first is now complete, a mass-mailing will be going out to all Depositors either later today or tomorrow morning. There's going to be the option to have the Wheels air-freighted in for a $190 supplement, this shaves off 3 weeks from the arrival schedules.

For extra security, the battery pack will be disconnected from the control-board for the air service. These MSuper Xs also have the XT90S connector, along with the reverse diode on the charging port. The seats will come as standard equipment for our Customers. 

• The motor-rim is the same as the MSuper V3s+ 
  • Some other parts like the handle are also interchangeable with the V3S+  
  • Shipping weight is 27.5kg
  • Innertubes are going to be expensive, around $40 retail; trying to find another supplier to source these in order to bring them in line with a $20 retail price 
  • Linnea is now not entirely sure about the App's ability to customize the LEDs, mentioned in the West, not everyone may be so keen on the rainbow stripes  

:efefc8626c:

38 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Not to worry,  this was in relation to the different production batches: the first is now complete, a mass-mailing will be going out to all Depositors either later today or tomorrow morning. There's going to be the option to have the Wheels air-freighted in for a $190 supplement, this shaves off 3 weeks from the arrival schedules.

For extra security, the battery pack will be disconnected from the control-board for the air service. These MSuper Xs also have the XT90S connector, along with the reverse diode on the charging port. The seats will come as standard equipment for our Customers. 

• The motor-rim is the same as the MSuper V3s+ 
  • Some other parts like the handle are also interchangeable with the V3S+  
  • Shipping weight is 27.5kg
  • Innertubes are going to be expensive, around $40 retail; trying to find another supplier to source these in order to bring them in line with a $20 retail price 
  • Linnea is now not entirely sure about the App's ability to customize the LEDs, mentioned in the West, not everyone may be so keen on the rainbow stripes  

Wow, over 60 pounds.

40 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I finally felt ready to hold on to a selfie stick while riding, but maybe a bouncy trail wasn't the best spot to devirginize myself. In any case, I took out the MTen3 out on Sunday then the V10F again yesterday on the same trail in the San Gabriel Mountains here in the LA Area. MTen3 footage was almost unusable. All i can say is i have a lot to learn about steadiness, placement, and a lot of other things. Oh, and of course renewed appreciation the art of editing. I still have to learn how to overlay ride stats. 

The MTen3 is SO MUCH easier to manuver around technical rocky sections but the V10F does way better in the small rocks and and sand and speed. That MCM5 is looking so much better as good halfway point trail rider. 

Here is goes.... using a Xiaomi 4k+ on 4k30fps with EIS using apple imovie.

Nice. Looks like a great little trail to ride. I can't believe you took the Mten3 out there. Low pedals plus small wheel equals lots of problems on the trail, for me. Looks like you ready for Mount Wilson for sure, or any other upcoming group ride :thumbup:

1 minute ago, eddiemoy said:

so much for their "never overheats" i mean it stayed pretty cool. but an overheat could still happen.. impresive how long you idled. i will try with my tesla and see the temperature

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Shad0z said:

so much for their "never overheats" i mean it stayed pretty cool. but an overheat could still happen.. impresive how long you idled. i will try with my tesla and see the temperature

I can’t do it for long on the V10F, something about their acceleration throttling, it throws me off.  I had to hold on the the fence and cheat.  I can do it easily on the KS16.  

1 minute ago, eddiemoy said:

I can’t do it for long on the V10F, something about their acceleration throttling, it throws me off.  I had to hold on the the fence and cheat.  I can do it easily on the KS16.  

I cant really idle yet. So i will also need a fence. :P 

4 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Well good job anyway. I for sure couldn't keep up this that long even if I could idle my wheel yet.

If I recall correctly you had a short test of KS18L right? How was the breaking sensation compared to a V8 and V10f?

23 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Man, that's quite the commitment to science. Way to go! I hope you can still walk tomorrow ?

I don't know enough about the engineering of these things to make more than wishful speculation, but this video seems like the clearest indication yet that the V10F firmware parcels out amps way too conservatively. I mean, you're trying and "cheating" to extract full power and can rarely coax even 700W from a motor listed much higher.  That seems beyond conservative engineering and more into crippling or misleading territory. I do hope there is a firmware upgrade enabling sportier performance in our future.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well good job anyway. I for sure couldn't keep up this that long even if I could idle my wheel yet.

If I recall correctly you had a short test of KS18L right? How was the breaking sensation compared to a V8 and V10f?

The 18L felt great!  Very familiar and similar to the 18S, but more agile.  I feel like it brake harder.  Accelerate faster from standstill.  Never felt like I was going to over lean. But then again, it isn’t mine, so I didn’t play with it at its limits. 

5 minutes ago, beast@tanagra said:

Man, that's quite the commitment to science. Way to go! I hope you can still walk tomorrow ?

I don't know enough about the engineering of these things to make more than wishful speculation, but this video seems like the clearest indication yet that the V10F firmware parcels out amps way too conservatively. I mean, you're trying and "cheating" to extract full power and can rarely coax even 700W from a motor listed much higher.  That seems beyond conservative engineering and more into crippling or misleading territory. I do hope there is a firmware upgrade enabling sportier performance in our future.

There is definitely some throttling there. When holding the fence, I was practically jumping on it.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

The 18L felt great!  Very familiar and similar to the 18S, but more agile.  I feel like it brake harder.  Accelerate faster from standstill.  Never felt like I was going to over lean. But then again, it isn’t mine, so I didn’t play with it at its limits. 

There is definitely some throttling there. When holding the fence, I was practically jumping on it.  

Do you like it enough to replace the 18L over ks18s? Or if you had the choice to own just one between the two which one you lean toward more?

9 minutes ago, beast@tanagra said:

Idling (high load at slow speeds) is a very very inefficient way of operating an electronic motor - no way to reach anywhere near the listed power. Max power can be reached at half maximal (no-load) speed.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice. Looks like a great little trail to ride. I can't believe you took the Mten3 out there. Low pedals plus small wheel equals lots of problems on the trail, for me. Looks like you ready for Mount Wilson for sure, or any other upcoming group ride :thumbup:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. The m10 is great for slow technical trails. Its so easy to turn and zip between rocks. The pedals hitting and when the sand gets too deep are about the biggest problems i have. With the v10F, I also did the upper brown mountain road, MUCH more difficult due to the switch backs and rockiness,. It would have been easier on the m10 but i'm afraid it will burn out.

And I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but when you came down from Mt Wilson along Angeles Crest Highway, you could've shaved 4 miles off your 23 mile trip back if you took this trail. You'd have to cross two more (doable) rivers than I crossed though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Le said:

Do you like it enough to replace the 18L over ks18s? Or if you had the choice to own just one between the two which one you lean toward more?

I can’t give up my 18S.  I would choose the 18S even though it is 500Watts less.  The seat is that important to me.  Also 18S can have more battery if I ever need it.  

I would replace my 16 and V10F with the 18S.  The other two will go to my kids when they get better at riding.  Right now they are on an Airwheel X3 and Ninebot One C+

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Oh no you don't. Please don't temp me to practice idling again. I was practicing this in my hotel room on my ninebot s1 and pulled a @Marty Backe (with his Mten) and jammed the wheel while is was spinning and LITERALLY killed it. I still blame you, @eddiemoy for making that damn youtube video.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Idling (high load at slow speeds) is a very very inefficient way of operating an electronic motor - no way to reach anywhere near the listed power. Max power can be reached at half maximal (no-load) speed.

Not true.  When I’m idling my ks16, I reach over rated, 800w, I get over 40amps on 67v, that is 2400watts.  

D68A5B9F-4F5C-46C0-AD1F-4FAE3E0364DA.png

95CE24C8-5AD1-4E0C-A91D-E7F8D7EB70B9.png

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Do you still ride your manual unicycle from time to time?

Yes, I used to practice when the kids are in Wushu.  But recently I’ve been playing the the electric unicycle instead.  

7 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Not true.

No. It's true. Inmotion seems to be the first wheel to really show valid power numbers.

When I’m idling my ks16, I reach over rated, 800w, I get over 40amps on 67v, that is 2400watts.  

That's 40 Amps flowing through the motor (at some specific motor voltage which normaly, especially while idling is lower rhan the battery voltage) with 67 Volts at the battery (wirh some battery current, wich is normally lower than the motor current)

So these are "unrelated" numbers not to be multiplied - this just results in some number which says just bothing...

Don't know which app programmer came up wirh this...

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1