THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, Citi Wheel said:

Ride yesterday with @houseofjob@Tishawn Fahie

I'm so sorry, 
but this was one of the worst videos I've seen in this forum. Is it such a picture you want to give us of EUC? With such an behavior it does not take long time before it happens a serious accident or the authorities tighten the rules for EUC. Shame on you! I'm really mean it!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's the conclusion to my mountain stress test of the MCM5, the greatest mountain trail wheel ever made

No downhill SwitchBacke trails in this test, but WOW what a wheel and couple of videos Marty!

I was going to request that if you ever get to ride the V10F again that you take it up that right-side path that the MCM5 made it up, but after the Overheat Hill segment I stopped caring entirely.

I'm still interested to see how the MCM5's low pedal height handles the downhill SwitchBacke trail section on the other side of Overheat Hill/BrokeBacke Mountain, but I just might have a new favorite dream wheel, and it ain't my MCM3

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

No downhill SwitchBacke trails in this test, but WOW what a wheel and couple of videos Marty!

I was going to request that if you ever get to ride the V10F again that you take it up that right-side path that the MCM5 made it up, but after the Overheat Hill segment I stopped caring entirely.

I'm still interested to see how the MCM5's low pedal height handles the downhill SwitchBacke trail section on the other side of Overheat Hill/BrokeBacke Mountain, but I just might have a new favorite dream wheel, and it ain't my MCM3

I will be taking the wheel back for the switchback trails, I just didn't have time on this day. I'll do a little video when I do.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dismason said:

I'm so sorry, 
but this was one of the worst videos I've seen in this forum. Is it such a picture you want to give us of EUC? With such an behavior it does not take long time before it happens a serious accident or the authorities tighten the rules for EUC. Shame on you! I'm really mean it!

You make some good points.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I will be taking the wheel back for the switchback trails, I just didn't have time on this day. I'll do a little video when I do.

I would imagine there's a decent chance that the MCM6 will have a 2000 watt motor

???

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

I would imagine there's a decent chance that the MCM6 will have a 2000 watt motor

???

That'll be my summer 2019 video ;)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I wanna see a pedal slide on a handrail man.

Me TOO! The wheel usually spins out til it says "danger please slow down" and turns off before I finish the rail. Still trying to figure out a way to make it happen tho. ;-)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

These are some of the "illegal" or "wrong" things we almost ALL ride on, ride by and ride through. As well as all the "awful" representations of the EUC and all the people we scare annoy or hurt on the daily as Electric Unicycle riders in this world:

1. Bike paths that are not meant to go 25 mph (beach, city or boardwalk)
  2. every set of stairs done by nice Chinese folks over the last few years (amazing)
  3. the walking trails in parks that we ride (people there for peaceful nature walks)
  4. weaving through crowded boardwalks (people without shoes or much clothing)
  5. the poor dogs and other animals that get frightened (sucks cuz I love my dog and he is a service dog)
  6. all the skateparks designed specifically for skateboards not EUC's (Im guilty but I skate too)
  7. all the daring kids in China riding on the top of the wheel....on a bike path (I still cant do it)
  8. everybody riding through public places on one foot or in reverse (let's see....how about Madrid?)
  9. every bench, ledge and curb we ever dropped off of (someone has to sit down there)
  10. the playgrounds, basketball, tennis and golf courses (all guilty of one of them)
  11. all the kids under ten years old without helmets and pads (I think it is actually illegal in some states)
  12. every piece of cement or divider we all balance on in the streets (cars rolling by)
  13. all the parking lots we ride through or hang out in when its raining (cars driving by and pedestrians walking through) 
  14. every store or restaurant entrance we zip by and scare the shit out of customers (you know it's true)
  15. all the elderly or handicapped that don't understand it and are therefore scared of it (spoke to a few of them)
  16. the hundreds of careless riders who have crashed right in front of a crowd or worse yet, in a crowd (Lame)
  17. all the riders in a big city who have no choice but to ride in the street with traffic (illegal with no choice)
  18. the cars we all make drive all the way into the other lane to avoid riding near us (they're being dramatic but...still)
  19.  dudes in full body armor that make people feel like it is unsafe or unachievable and make the youth think its cheezy

Just a reminder to the haters.  Advancement of the euc community especially to the YOUTH is almost solely dependent on it being COOL, ratchet, sick, ill, gnarly or dope! It is NOT middle aged dudes riding on the boardwalk in full body armor.

So be careful y'all dont give the EUC a bad name out there.LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice comprehensive list :thumbup:

Frankly, I don't wear clothes or gear based on what I want kids to think. I could care less. This is a niche activity that will always be so due to the steep learning curve.

Finally, I'll add my one data point. Where I ride, with full gear on, I've had lots of encounters with teenagers who think it's the coolest thing ever. Not that I care ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Grandon said:

I would accept your challenge, but I don't have a 14" wheel and it would be too easy on the 18" ?

Yeah I know, stairs become like little pebbles on an 18" I'm sure. I still wanna see you do all of them on the 18" :cheers:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Me TOO! The wheel usually spins out til it says "danger please slow down" and turns off before I finish the rail. Still trying to figure out a way to make it happen tho. ?

Maybe one of those inmotions with the cutoff button? You could do a sick stalefish pedal slide and cut the motor off with your stale grab, then let go and pop off. LOl :D

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That'll be my summer 2019 video ;)

I'm guessing the MCM6 will be at least an 1800 watt motor, close enough to 2000 watt and possibly more realistic

28 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Backe's Empathy Pyramid has a slightly different hierarchy I see.  ?  It apparently is highlighted with a really steep section of self-actualization followed by a cool observatory viewpoint of one's inner self and achievement, and it finally ends with a fun downhill slide towards the deep "Screw Altrusim!" jacuzzi pool.

:roflmao:

Hey, you and your comments pushed me over the edge, and now you have the audacity to take me down :eff0541f4a:

• Like 1