THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice, and very brave to use your phone ;-)  You must have endless nice places to ride in Hawaii

Thanks Marty!  I'll start compiling footage of some nice scenery and post it in the near future if my phone stays alive?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, myfunwheel said:

Mannnnnn, HI looks soooooo perfect to ride around in?????????

Yessir!  My only complaint is that I seem to be the only one on the island with an EUC - would be fun to ride with others.

Funny you used a volcano emoji...I'm planning to  ride the wheel out to the point where lava is entering the ocean next week - 8 miles round-trip on a gravel road.

51 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Here's one that shows the MSuper (v2) on rough, steep, rocky terrain.

Nice ride. Looks like a workout. I'm looking forward to getting the new MSuper and doing some path riding myself.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Morgan said:

Yessir!  My only complaint is that I seem to be the only one on the island with an EUC - would be fun to ride with others.

Funny you used a volcano emoji...I'm planning to  ride the wheel out to the point where lava is entering the ocean next week - 8 miles round-trip on a gravel road.

Please get video of that, and of the lava if you can.  I so badly want to visit that spot. ;)

13 hours ago, Morgan said:

I was going to do this, I had my wheel with me on Big Island, one of the security personnel at the area where you park your car told me the gravel road is off limits to motorized vehicles. I didn't feel like arguing so I went ahead and rented a bike like everyone else. The local that rented me the bike told me I should've just tried it, in hindsight I should have. I'm still 50-50 on whether it would have been possible to go all the way, the last 25% of it gets really sketchy with very lose gravel. It was almost too sketchy even on a bike. You have to read the road and stay on the portion where the gravel has been compacted by the local cars. If you do this, I'd advise on bringing a lock. After the road ends, there is a few hundred yards of walking/jumping over jagged lava rocks. Everyone leave their bikes, I think it would suck having to traverse that area lugging a 40lb wheel.

• Upvote 2

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:23 PM, Hansolo said:

A little video part 2

The city looks beautiful at night, and your group looks very coo! I noticed most of the wheels have very good lights. I am trying to find a good light to add to my IPS wheels. I mean a light to see where I'm going, not to make the wheel visible to others. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TwixFix said:

I was going to do this, I had my wheel with me on Big Island, one of the security personnel at the area where you park your car told me the gravel road is off limits to motorized vehicles. I didn't feel like arguing so I went ahead and rented a bike like everyone else. The local that rented me the bike told me I should've just tried it, in hindsight I should have. I'm still 50-50 on whether it would have been possible to go all the way, the last 25% of it gets really sketchy with very lose gravel. It was almost too sketchy even on a bike. You have to read the road and stay on the portion where the gravel has been compacted by the local cars. If you do this, I'd advise on bringing a lock. After the road ends, there is a few hundred yards of walking/jumping over jagged lava rocks. Everyone leave their bikes, I think it would suck having to traverse that area lugging a 40lb wheel.

Wow!  Thanks for that excellent info on the road conditions and restrictions.  I'm gonna try it.  I think my best bet is to trolley it (with a handle I've yet to rig) past the park personnel and hop on once they're out of sight.  I'll let you know how it goes.

• Upvote 2

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 2:24 PM, nomad said:

after getting off the train from work today I recorded this long video

I was very impressed with the performance of the V5F+ when you were on the unpaved trail. The tire looked thin though. I bet a 2.5 inch tire would upgrade the off-road handling to the next level. I wonder why manufacturers are not widely adopting designs that use 2.5 inch tires. In the city part I noticed more bike traffic than I can remember seeing in a USA city.

54 minutes ago, DS said:

Here is my morning 9 km commute, usually takes appr.  26 minutes. Sorry for some shaken images, my camera does not have hardware stabilization, I tried to smooth by hand but as you may notice the terrain was not at help...sometimes. Beeps start at 29 km/h, no tiltback experienced.

That was a great video. Fun to watch someone travel a route that they know inside and out. You need a faster wheel, that beeping would bother me after awhile ;-)  Do you actually ride this twice a day, every day?

Your city looks like it would be fun to ride around. That tunnel section near the beginning was wild. I hear you using a bell periodically - do you use something in particular that you would recommend?

The street crossing near the end is a bit sketchy - just have to go for it and hope the cars stop for you :-)

Thanks for posting!

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's a video of four Southern Californians getting together and riding around the Griffith Observatory. We made a long sojourn out to visit the iconic Hollywood Sign, got lost along the way, but eventually found it. Lots of mountain riding, people, cars, and horses.

Quester (Edward),  jrkline (Jeff), and noisycarlos (Carlos) joined me Saturday morning for a couple hours of fun. Hope your enjoy the ride.

I watched the whole thing. It looked like so much fun. The reaction you guys got from people was funny. That stunned look...they gave as you passed by them was priceless. I'd imagine that it'd get boring after a while though. Marty, Is it worth getting a side view mirror? I would imagine that it would be safer to have one.

Just now, swvision said:

I watched the whole thing. It looked like so much fun. The reaction you guys got from people was funny. That stunned look...they gave as you passed by them was priceless. I'd imagine that it'd get boring after a while though. Marty, Is it worth getting a side view mirror? I would imagine that it would be safer to have one.

It was fun. Never gets boring for me. I agree that watching the whole video might get boring ;-)

I use a bicycle mirror that's mounted to my helmet. I think it's great because I always have situational awareness, particularly handy when riding near cars.

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2016 at 11:51 PM, Morgan said:

So cool:)

3 hours ago, Questor said:

Marty.

I nominate you for a golden globe of wheel reporting. It's almost like I was there... wait. I was there. Still excellent work.

Thanks for having us along.

Q~

I second that.It was fun to finally have some company riding.It figures that my first group ride would expose the overheating issues of the King Song 14C .Only seems to be an issue when riding on sustained inclines/declines.Will have to try Cloud's three hole cooling solution then out to Griffith Park again for another test ride.