This is to report that we finally have today first day of spring with 20 deg. Celsius - and new Z10 unit is very much awaited!!!!  

Those who know - let us hear about tests/progress/first units reaching Europe!

32 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

This is to report that we finally have today first day of spring with 20 deg. Celsius - and new Z10 unit is very much awaited!!!!  

Those who know - let us hear about tests/progress/first units reaching Europe!

Let us all know when they start to be sold anywhere.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

the wait is killing me, lol. Seriously, Z10 could be soo BIG or a huge fail.....

Theres no mention of it on the Segway website.. nothing. The wait will continue.

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

the wait is killing me, lol. Seriously, Z10 could be soo BIG or a huge fail.....

I hope for the better, I would ditch Gotway in a sec. if Ninebot is impressive enough.

1 hour ago, Mrd777 said:

Theres no mention of it on the Segway website.. nothing. The wait will continue.

It’s interesting that Ninebot and Inmotion have such diametrically opposed marketing strategies. Ninebot has no issues posting  complete photos of their Z10 but Inmotion only offers drib and drab depictions. I suppose April 10th will change all of that. 

Z10 Complete View

39431238980_d0b5a7b660_b.jpg

V10 Tire View

41241854091_9bf7a3b9b5_b.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

It’s interesting that Ninebot and Inmotion have such diametrically opposed marketing strategies. Ninebot has no issues posting  complete photos of their Z10 but Inmotion only offers drib and drab depictions. I suppose April 10th will change all of that. 

Z10 Complete View

39431238980_d0b5a7b660_b.jpg

V10 Tire View

41241854091_9bf7a3b9b5_b.jpg

My guess is the InMotion is going to blow the Z10 out of the water. 

Ninebot's like

200.gif

• Like 1

I would bet my money, that the Z“series“ is the the biggest disappointment ever.

All the inside available numbers, values etc sound like its going to be a better toy.

Time will tell!

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately I can follow that logic. While the explicit mention of high torque and the fantastic hardware quality as seen in Jason's photos give us paradise like hopes for a mountain/offroad wheel of our dreams,  the numbers and Ninebot's/Segway's company attitude don't. Could be anything from a flop to a huge surprise...but I guess a resounding "meh" is most likely.

The V10(F) will be a competent V8 successor. May follow it as one of the overall most sold wheels (though that may have been the lower price, same price as other 16 inchers is new for them).

Neither wheel is going to stop many people from buying the latest Gotway experiment.

Looks like manufacturers will have to compete on price more, with so many wheels that can do 40km/h and are decent enough everywhere.

Wondering what KingSong is up to. Hoping they don't just work on the 18L and sit on the current KS14/KS16 S models.

So much for my predictions.

22 minutes ago, US69 said:

I would bet my money, that the Z“series“ is the the biggest disappointment ever.

All the inside available numbers, values etc sound like its going to be a better toy.

Time will tell!

be very, very careful with your $, lol. Only time will tell, the company has the funds and men power to change the game, will it is another ?s.......

20 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wondering what KingSong is up to. Hoping they don't just work on the 18L and sit on the current KS14/KS16 S models.

So much for my predictions.

I really want to see a 14" wheel that's 2.5" thick and rides like a 16" wheel. Don't think King Song will be the one to make it though.

The KS14s and KS16s are classic wheels as far as I'm concerned. Tough to top a classic wheel. Even an improvement won't seem worthwhile to a lot of fans of a classic. I think InMotion is dealing with the same thing. V8 is a classic wheel and anything less than earth-shattering improvement will be viewed as a disappointment by some.

Edited by Scouts Honor
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, US69 said:

Time will tell!

I respect your judgment and am trying not to go overboard with my enthusiasm as a result.  I definitely acknowledge it could be a bust.  The V10 won't be a bust.  

2 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

I believe will find more info. during April..... if not I might just get Msuper T model and sell my current one ;), but I have a good feeling about  Z10

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

get Msuper T model

Actually, I’m thinking that this might be “this year’s model“

Edited by Mrd777

7 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i hope it doesn’t have that trolley handle. like make it a credit or option. looks like an afterthought.

Wheel of this weight MUST have easy to use telescopic handle. After the use of Kingsong KS16 / 16S for more than 8 000 km  I will not return to the situation that I had to carry 15 kg Ninebot ONE E+ in my hand in the mall/store.  (which now will be 20 -25 kg for Z10) In my opinion handle looks very cool and gives the futuristic look to this design. The only issue what worries me is that the handle will be most likely broken with the first fall/crash/tumble.  I am almost ready to accept such situation if Ninebot bundle second piece of the handle in the set, and offer replacement units at low cost. An option would be to share the 3d model of the plastic handle parts as .stl to allow anyone who has the access to the 3d printer to print the replacement handle from ABS.     

35 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Wheel of this weight MUST have easy to use telescopic handle. After the use of Kingsong KS16 / 16S for more than 8 000 km  I will not return to the situation that I had to carry 15 kg Ninebot ONE E+ in my hand in the mall/store.  (which now will be 20 -25 kg for Z10) In my opinion handle looks very cool and gives the futuristic look to this design. The only issue what worries me is that the handle will be most likely broken with the first fall/crash/tumble.  I am almost ready to accept such situation if Ninebot bundle second piece of the handle in the set, and offer replacement units at low cost. An option would be to share the 3d model of the plastic handle parts as .stl to allow anyone who has the access to the 3d printer to print the replacement handle from ABS.     

i don’t use these wheels the way 99.97% of users. i never use any of the trolley handles. only have one on the ks16S and i don’t use it. i carry the 18s too.

if they come with, maybe it will be removable and i’ll sell it to those who will surely break theirs.

Edited by novazeus

1 hour ago, Mrd777 said:

Actually, I’m thinking that this might be “this year’s model“

It's good to have options if the Z10 does not workout in that it does not meet the expectations of a lot of customers, it is nice to know there are some other good options out there.  Seems like a good year for Wheels.

• Like 1

I wouldn't underestimate the riding benefits of the large wheel coming from a company like Ninebot/Segway who is backed by Xiaomi.  It may not be the fastest, longest range, or most powerful wheel, but I bet it will be a solid performing all terrain product that will satisfy the target market it is being aimed at.  Hopefully it will be thoroughly tested and be dependable.  If it's a winner it will be the only wheel that wide available on the market.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wouldn't underestimate the riding benefits of the large wheel coming from a company like Ninebot/Segway who is backed by Xiaomi.  It may not be the fastest, longest range, or most powerful wheel, but I bet it will be a solid performing all terrain product that will satisfy the target market it is being aimed at.  Hopefully it will be thoroughly tested and be dependable.  If it's a winner it will be the only wheel that wide available on the market.

Do you think it's unreasonable for it to have at least one of those characteristics :confused1: You know the old saying, you can have any two of three options. But if it's slow, weak, and can barely get you to the bus stop, what's the point ;)

• Like 1