Have you ever encountered an EUC rider in the wild? Printed a 3D Fender? Watched A Crotch Cam? Or Derailed a Thread?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:  <:mellow: quickly transplants GT16 controller and motor into "Precious">

Sure sure I'll keep an eye open for the southside speed demon... :popcorn:... <gathers a few choice rocks ready>  ;)

PS: I saw on the news that the "bicyclist" who said he got clothes-lined with barbed wire was actually scamming people for cash.  :rolleyes:

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/calgary/stelianos-psaroudakis-west-bragg-creek-charged-fraud-1.4216322

On 2017-07-21 at 3:02 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Never in New Zealand, but one in Tel Aviv and one In Vienna. Both times I was on foot, so couldn't intersect with them.

I'm in Singapore in a couple of weeks, so hopefully my score is about to increase!

Hey have you thought of trying to contact that group of riders down there to see if you can join a group ride?  I think they are called the Wheelies.

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love Wow your original topic 'Have You Ever Encountered An EUC Rider in the Wild? may take the prize for the most bifurcations ever!  :D Short review on how we all strayed from your original topic. :popcorn::)

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love I would have hoped to at least see some others joining this activity after riding around and being seen by many people.  Yet nope, here it seems we are a rare, endangered breed.

@Pasi : Besides organized, pre-planned group rides,  I have seen 4 people from car window.  @Antshark : I never really noticed anyone on an EUC... until I bought one.  

@langhamp  I've never seen another rider in the wild but I do ride with another guy and his son. @Marty BackeTwice in the last month. 

@Acturbo : I have seen a total of 0 in my area. @LanghamP : I see a great number of Segways as they have several daily tours.

@Tilmann : On any given sunny day in Berlin, there's a pretty good chance to find a fellow EUC rider on Tempelhofer Feld (former airfield). @kasenutty: I've never ran into, or even seen a wheeler in the wild. @fearedbliss : I've seen some people here in NYC when I was walking around close to my job 

Bifurcation #1 (My Bad..Sorry)  :crying:

@rehab1: Your mysterious Flame is scaring fellow Canadians away from the sport! I would change your NB1's color to a pretty pastel pink @Hunka Hunka Burning Love LOL yeah it's weird.  Like everyone else I'm getting comments like that's super cool, so sick

Bifurcation #2 (yes you did it too Marty) :P

@Marty Backe:  Hey Kim, Welcome to the forum. I didn't realize that you were from Orange County. We do some rides down that away too. @Kimosabi Hey Marty, Yes! I'm close by and yes, you remember well. I still have the sloooooow INMOTION 

Getting back on track  :cheers:

@LanghamP: 300-600 dollars is the price of a bicycle that will last a few years at least, and good bicycles start at 1100 easily. @meepmeepmayer: I can assure you, it's simply that nobody knows these things exist. 

@eddiemoy I think the difficulty learning to ride one of these things is the number one barrier to entry. @Jonathan Tolhurst In 2 years of riding I have only come across two other people when riding 

Bifurcation #3  :huh:

@dpong: I received my brand new KingSong KS16S on Monday @Kimosabi I decided to go with the kingsong 14S although I'm strongly debating about going with the 16S. @KingSong69: PLEASE!!! Forget the IM V3Pro!!! 

Getting back on track again  :clap3:

@Michael Vu: I saw a guy riding in Dallas on the sidewalk on a KS-16A over a year ago @Roue Libre Approximately 4 so far, all in Brussels 

Bifurcation #4 :o

@fearedbliss: I don't like Casey Neistat. @kasenutty: How come? Give us the dirt

Diplomacy at it's Best :thumbup:

@Hunka Hunka Burning LoveWelcome nerd, er, fair maiden, to the forums!  Thank you for totally derailing my thread!  Just kiddin'! @LanghamP: That's why I like this forum. It feels like a proper place without females. 

@Kimosabi: He's pretty daring. @Marty Backe: I did tell @Kimosabithat we ran a very nice, non-threatening, forum here. As nice as I've seen actually.  I'm hoping not to have to eat my words

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love: I was just joking.  Derail away!  (You won't be the first one here that has done that @MaxLinux: I didn't notice earlier that @Kimosabiis female! I'm happy about it; we need more female EUC riders!

@Kimosabi: Hahahaha. Hunka Hunka Burning Love and Marty...you two are a hoot. Love it!? @meepmeepmayer: Guys please use "woman", not "female" (as a noun). "Female" is nice guy speak and creepy.

@Hunka Hunka Burning LoveSo "babe, chick, and sweetums" are probably a no-no too hey? Aw man rules rules rules. 

Back on track again! Briefly! :)

@The Fat Unicyclist:  Never in New Zealand, but one in Tel Aviv and one In Vienna. Both times I was on foot, so couldn't intersect with them. 

Bifurcation #5 :o

@KalSeth: catch me if you can on your slow ass Wheel  

It is so interesting to see how we all can deviate from the original topic (including me) and then Segway into other discussions along the way. 

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love Wow your original topic 'Have You Ever Encountered An EUC Rider in the Wild? may take the prize for the most bifurcations ever!  :D Short review on how we all strayed from your original topic. :popcorn::)

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love I would have hoped to at least see some others joining this activity after riding around and being seen by many people.  Yet nope, here it seems we are a rare, endangered breed.

@Pasi : Besides organized, pre-planned group rides,  I have seen 4 people from car window.  @Antshark : I never really noticed anyone on an EUC... until I bought one.  

@langhamp  I've never seen another rider in the wild but I do ride with another guy and his son. @Marty BackeTwice in the last month. 

@Acturbo : I have seen a total of 0 in my area. @LanghamP : I see a great number of Segways as they have several daily tours.

@Tilmann : On any given sunny day in Berlin, there's a pretty good chance to find a fellow EUC rider on Tempelhofer Feld (former airfield). @kasenutty: I've never ran into, or even seen a wheeler in the wild. @fearedbliss : I've seen some people here in NYC when I was walking around close to my job 

Bifurcation #1 (My Bad..Sorry)  :crying:

@rehab1: Your mysterious Flame is scaring fellow Canadians away from the sport! I would change your NB1's color to a pretty pastel pink @Hunka Hunka Burning Love LOL yeah it's weird.  Like everyone else I'm getting comments like that's super cool, so sick

Bifurcation #2 (yes you did it too Marty) :P

@Marty Backe:  Hey Kim, Welcome to the forum. I didn't realize that you were from Orange County. We do some rides down that away too. @Kimosabi Hey Marty, Yes! I'm close by and yes, you remember well. I still have the sloooooow INMOTION 

Getting back on track  :cheers:

@LanghamP: 300-600 dollars is the price of a bicycle that will last a few years at least, and good bicycles start at 1100 easily. @meepmeepmayer: I can assure you, it's simply that nobody knows these things exist. 

@eddiemoy I think the difficulty learning to ride one of these things is the number one barrier to entry. @Jonathan Tolhurst In 2 years of riding I have only come across two other people when riding 

Bifurcation #3  :huh:

@dpong: I received my brand new KingSong KS16S on Monday @Kimosabi I decided to go with the kingsong 14S although I'm strongly debating about going with the 16S. @KingSong69: PLEASE!!! Forget the IM V3Pro!!! 

Getting back on track again  :clap3:

@Michael Vu: I saw a guy riding in Dallas on the sidewalk on a KS-16A over a year ago @Roue Libre Approximately 4 so far, all in Brussels 

Bifurcation #4 :o

@fearedbliss: I don't like Casey Neistat. @kasenutty: How come? Give us the dirt

Diplomacy at it's Best :thumbup:

@Hunka Hunka Burning LoveWelcome nerd, er, fair maiden, to the forums!  Thank you for totally derailing my thread!  Just kiddin'! @LanghamP: That's why I like this forum. It feels like a proper place without females. 

@Kimosabi: He's pretty daring. @Marty Backe: I did tell @Kimosabithat we ran a very nice, non-threatening, forum here. As nice as I've seen actually.  I'm hoping not to have to eat my words

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love: I was just joking.  Derail away!  (You won't be the first one here that has done that @MaxLinux: I didn't notice earlier that @Kimosabiis female! I'm happy about it; we need more female EUC riders!

@Kimosabi: Hahahaha. Hunka Hunka Burning Love and Marty...you two are a hoot. Love it!? @meepmeepmayer: Guys please use "woman", not "female" (as a noun). "Female" is nice guy speak and creepy.

@Hunka Hunka Burning LoveSo "babe, chick, and sweetums" are probably a no-no too hey? Aw man rules rules rules. 

Back on track again! Briefly! :)

@The Fat Unicyclist:  Never in New Zealand, but one in Tel Aviv and one In Vienna. Both times I was on foot, so couldn't intersect with them. 

Bifurcation #5 :o

@KalSeth: catch me if you can on your slow ass Wheel  

It is so interesting to see how we all can deviate from the original topic (including me) and then Segway into other discussions along the way. 

Number 6!

I had to do a double take when I saw the optics of this post;)

Also, you forgot the bifurcation from your mentioning the bifurcations - very meta.

Let me add another two:

1. In-theme offtopic is a general "problem" with this forum - or maybe just how a discussion just is? Lots of valuable info hidden in threads where you wouldn't know from the title.
  2. What's it with quoting full, long posts (possibly with pictures) right in the next post after?:mellow:

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What's it with quoting full, long posts (possibly with pictures) right in the next post after?:mellow:

Forum rules actually suggest clipping unnecessary quoted content.... And here goes the next tangent.

40 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I had to do a double take when I saw the optics of this post;)

Also, you forgot the bifurcation from your mentioning the bifurcations - very meta.

Let me add another two:

1. In-theme offtopic is a general "problem" with this forum - or maybe just how a discussion just is? Lots of valuable info hidden in threads where you wouldn't know from the title.
  2. What's it with quoting full, long posts (possibly with pictures) right in the next post after?:mellow:

:)  Sorry for the long post I just thought it was interesting. I have been guilty as hell many times. It is sometimes tough to stay on topic. We should all be careful quoting full posts with photos but sometimes when the original topic is off subject for a long time it is important to perform a 360 and refresh the topic especially for those members just entering the discussion.

9 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:
  1. What's it with quoting full, long posts (possibly with pictures) right in the next post after?:mellow:

That's a weird habit here that makes reading through a thread harder.  As in my quote above, I usually to just leave the part I'm responding to.  It's less confusing that way and you don't have to scroll and eventually click through pages even though very little new content got added.

We also tend to just quote every chance we get here instead of simply responding, right after something is written, with our own comment.

I Deny any and all topic derailment.  I would be considered an "in the wild" sighting  by OP.  Now that I know Fish Creek park is clear of barbed wire I may move there to avoid rocks  being tossed at me.

Update (proudly staying on topic :innocent1:): encountered 2 ninebot one riders in Linz (Austria) on separate occasions. The second one approached me to enquire about the legal situation in Germany and that silly license plate on my wheel.Msuper_w_plate.thumb.jpg.46e18ff0bf1f795146b6da2728b1c9e8.jpg

Turns out, while ewheeling is technically illegal in Austria, it's generally tolerated. That second ninebot rider clocked 7000km without any police hazzle.

On 22.7.2017 at 3:25 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Hey have you thought of trying to contact that group of riders down there to see if you can join a group ride?  I think they are called the Wheelies.

@The Fat Unicyclist: The odds for any EUC chance encounters in Singapore are pretty good, especially on "Car Free Sundays" (so much for staying sort of on topic), but: I positively recommend you getting in touch with The Wheelies beforehand. Join https://www.facebook.com/groups/thewheelies/ (closed group) and state your travel plans. They are easily the friendliest and most hospitable bunch on the planet. And Singapore is practically made for EUC riding. Just don't bring any diet plans - they're doomed :cheers:

48 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

Update (proudly staying on topic :innocent1:): encountered 2 ninebot one riders in Linz (Austria) on separate occasions. The second one approached me to enquire about the legal situation in Germany and that silly license plate on my wheel.Msuper_w_plate.thumb.jpg.46e18ff0bf1f795146b6da2728b1c9e8.jpg

Turns out, while ewheeling is technically illegal in Austria, it's generally tolerated. That second ninebot rider clocked 7000km without any police hazzle.

That license plate holder is a riot :lol:

I would be nervous about clamping my phone to the handle like that :cry2:

35 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I would be nervous about clamping my phone to the handle like that :cry2:

Yepp, it's a stupid idea. The way it sits on the picture is also way too close to my legs. I'll try again with an extension rod moving it more to the front. And: it's my cheapo backup phone ... wouldn't trust the contraption with my beloved mi5 for a second ...

7 hours ago, Tilmann said:

Wow, I love your fender!!

7 hours ago, Tilmann said:

Yepp, it's a stupid idea. The way it sits on the picture is also way too close to my legs. I'll try again with an extension rod moving it more to the front. And: it's my cheapo backup phone ... wouldn't trust the contraption with my beloved mi5 for a second ...

I thought you were streaming to some kinky German "EUC Rider Crotch Cam" pay per view site or something.  :whistling:   My bad, my bad.  Carry on gents.  I remember one guy shot an entire video with that upward camera angle while riding around Seattle.  :popcorn:

5 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I thought you were streaming to some kinky German "EUC Rider Crotch Cam" pay per view site or something.  :whistling:   My bad, my bad.  Carry on gents.  I remember one guy shot an entire video with that upward camera angle while riding around Seattle.  :popcorn:

:roflmao:

Sorry to Jeff once again - seriously not intending to pick on you, but this camera angle is not one I would pick.  Noooot that there's anything wrong with it if you're into that angle.  Totally fine with it.  :efefd0f676:  I mean it kind of grows on you like you're standing on my chest while I am lying on a powered skateboard or something.  POV videos can be fun.  :whistling:  <puts on VR glasses for the full emersive effect :popcorn:>

1 minute ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Sorry to Jeff once again - seriously not intending to pick on you, but this camera angle is not one I would pick.

I have never seen this before. That, is, very, weird. One has to ask, "what was he thinking?"

Can you imagine what people think when they come across this video without the perspective on knowing anything about EUCs. It must be very disturbing :D

5 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Sorry to Jeff once again - seriously not intending to pick on you, but this camera angle is not one I would pick.  Noooot that there's anything wrong with it if you're into that angle.  Totally fine with it.  :efefd0f676:

<snip> no pun intended...really!

The view is not that becoming but as someone learning to take corners right now watching the way he twists his torso is very educational. I'm glad you posted that!

Hey, men do like jiggling women bits so women might be into jiggling men bits?  Fair's fair I guess.  :innocent1:

Oh oh too far maybe?  :rolleyes:  <reactivates mind filter>  Just ignore this post.  Actually it was a different viewpoint that you normally don't see so it's all good.  I'm all into the unconventional way of thinking so meh it grows on you.  I did see a plane fly by.  Kinda relaxing.  Just glad he wasn't wearing a kilt or something.  That's all.  What was this thread about again?  :efeec46606:

Archived