Have you ever encountered an EUC rider in the wild? Printed a 3D Fender? Watched A Crotch Cam? Or Derailed a Thread?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dpong said:

You guys just don't know art when you see it. 

BTW, I hope that is a wallet. 

I put the camera the wrong-way-round once and ended up with this:

1 hour ago, Sven said:

@Tilmann, so i found the 3D printer service on google as recommended, would you happened to have a file for Monster? +_+

I know that @Duf is working with @EU GUY to create one for the Monster. I think I saw Duf talking about that on one of his latest YouTube videos.

18 hours ago, Sven said:

@Tilmann, so i found the 3D printer service on google as recommended, would you happened to have a file for Monster? +_+

Thanks for the flowers, @Sven! Learning from previous feedback on printed fenders, here is what your print service should consider:

1. It's a functional part (as opposed to mere decoration), so print settings should be optimized for strength. Usually, that means printing at the highest possible temperature.
  2. Really use 100% infill (i.e. make it solid).
  3. For warm climate (such as California), choose the "Klingon Edition" file and have it printed with temperature resistant plastic like ABS (not PLA).

For the record: as if we couldn't hurt ourselves with EUCs as is, mounting a sharp edged piece of sheet metal to it easily counts as the dumbest idea ever. If you absolutely have to, make sure the edges are covered with something soft (warm regards to German grudgy cops - love you, too!).

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love: as you practically begged for it, I left the hi-res crotch perspectives in ... :popcorn:

EDIT: My previous offer to design a fender for the GW Monster in exchange for a permanent loan unit is still hanging out there :D

6 hours ago, Tilmann said:

Thanks for the flowers, @Sven! Learning from previous feedback on printed fenders, here is what your print service should consider:

1. It's a functional part (as opposed to mere decoration), so print settings should be optimized for strength. Usually, that means printing at the highest possible temperature.
  2. Really use 100% infill (i.e. make it solid).
  3. For warm climate (such as California), choose the "Klingon Edition" file and have it printed with temperature resistant plastic like ABS (not PLA).

For the record: as if we couldn't hurt ourselves with EUCs as is, mounting a sharp edged piece of sheet metal to it easily counts as the dumbest idea ever. If you absolutely have to, make sure the edges are covered with something soft (warm regards to German grudgy cops - love you, too!).

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love: as you practically begged for it, I left the hi-res crotch perspectives in ... :popcorn:

EDIT: My previous offer to design a fender for the GW Monster in exchange for a permanent load unit ist still hanging out there :D

@Tilmann Thanks a lot for all the tips! I will make a note of your recommendations! I (personally) really like the idea of putting a license plate on the EUC (whether it's required by law or not lol)

13 hours ago, Tilmann said:

Aww you know me too well!  :wub:  :popcorn:  Sure beats payin' $5.99 per minute on the Crotchcamfetish.com website.

Ew what the heck direction has this thread taken?  Um, anyone seen any riders "in the wild?"  :rolleyes:

21 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Sorry to Jeff once again - seriously not intending to pick on you, but this camera angle is not one I would pick.  Noooot that there's anything wrong with it if you're into that angle.  Totally fine with it.  :efefd0f676:  I mean it kind of grows on you like you're standing on my chest while I am lying on a powered skateboard or something.  POV videos can be fun.  :whistling:  <puts on VR glasses for the full emersive effect :popcorn:>

LOL....you even got the arrow pointing!:roflmao:

14 hours ago, Tilmann said:

The license plate itself could be the fender, made of soft flexible plastic.  Could that be 3D printed in black and white?

11 minutes ago, steve454 said:

The license plate itself could be the fender, made of soft flexible plastic.  Could that be 3D printed in black and white?

Technically it could (you would need a "dual extruder" printer), but legally in Germany using the aluminum plate is a must. Also, the only effect keeping the fender in place is the spring force clamping the round shaped fender to the shell of the Msuper (as I didn't like to drill holes in it or glue it permanently in place). Using soft material would defeat that purpose. To avoid injury to rider or EUC casing, I designed the upper hooks of the fender extra flimsy, hoping they brake away when push comes to shove before anything else brakes ...

On 7/25/2017 at 2:02 AM, Marty Backe said:

I know that @Duf is working with @EU GUY to create one for the Monster. I think I saw Duf talking about that on one of his latest YouTube videos.

Yep it's almost ready!

• 1 month later...

Rekindling this for its original intent.

I was flagged down this morning by a gentlemen on a recumbent bike. It turns out he has 2 x 4 year old IPS 480s. He had been looking at newer models for upgrade but didn't know of this forum. I was the first other wheeler he had seen in the area (I know of one more in St. Pete). Hope to see him on here soon!

On 7/26/2017 at 8:20 PM, Duf said:

Yep it's almost ready!

Any update on the Monster mudguard please? 

My Monster has become my day to day EUC and with the rain/wet in the UK the spray is a pain and when it's dry the dust along the canal is a problem.

3 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Rekindling this for its original intent.

I was flagged down this morning by a gentlemen on a recumbent bike. It turns out he has 2 x 4 year old IPS 480s. He had been looking at newer models for upgrade but didn't know of this forum. I was the first other wheeler he had seen in the area (I know of one more in St. Pete). Hope to see him on here soon!

Somehow there are vast numbers of wheelers out there that aren't familiar with this Forum. Yet if you Google anything about our wheels there will be links to the Forum. I think some people just don't use the Internet much regarding their wheels.

• 2 months later...

Where l live there are very few riders. So l was stunned today to see a guy rolling past my house on an electric unicycle! 

As I flagged him down it occurred to me that he would be expecting the "usual questions." And the surprise showed on his face when it turned out to be a very different discussion... 

Perhaps I'll soon need to start a "Local Group Meetup" thread for Wellington? 

22 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Where l live there are very few riders. So l was stunned today to see a guy rolling past my house on an electric unicycle! 

As I flagged him down it occurred to me that he would be expecting the "usual questions." And the surprise showed on his face when it turned out to be a very different discussion... 

Perhaps I'll soon need to start a "Local Group Meetup" thread for Wellington? 

Yes, maybe there are more riders than you think.  Had the guy seen any other riders?

40 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Yes, maybe there are more riders than you think.  Had the guy seen any other riders?

Unfortunately we didn't talk for long (heading in opposite directions, prepping for Christmas, et cetera). 

I'm going to track him down again though, so there may be more to this story yet...

Archived