Inmotion V8 - your thoughts and Impressions ... Now with extensive review included

HEC

Agreed, ppl who buy the cheapest will always buy the cheapest and complain about their distributor's lack of support, then turn to an eWheels. How is that any more fair to @Jason McNeil?

Both joe schmo distributor and the remote and detached EUC companies are more than happy to leave you hanging after you purchase your wheel; it sure has happened to me! Why should Jason have any vested interest in helping you when you didn't buy from him then? (even though he often does)

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, litewave said:

That seems counterintuitive and a bit of a turn-off. If new customers who buy parts only from you are charged more 

There's no easy answers to such questions, this solution is better than otherwise being obliged to turn people away because of lack of local parts stock. Maybe when we're a larger company we can provide discounted parts to everyone :) 

17 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

There's no easy answers to such questions, this solution is better than otherwise being obliged to turn people away because of lack of local parts stock. Maybe when we're a larger company we can provide discounted parts to everyone :) 

with a BRANCH OFFICE here on the WEST coast of florida

21 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

I concur with Jason...and his initiative on this idea. The cost of entry to EUCs is not cheap, therefore incentivizing the current customer base may be a better option. The progression of growth of NEW customers will naturally progress. To me, the high cost of entry is relative, but do price out folks that may not be able to afford such a device. 

6 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

Stay safe Jason - let us know what it's like! (The hurricane, not the v8)

A complete damp squid! How disappointing: took the Wheel out when the storm was supposed to reach it's crescendo. There were a few puddles, palm branches in the way, the streets were eerily quiet, probably the most it's been for 20 years. 

7 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

A complete damp squid! How disappointing: took the Wheel out when the storm was supposed to reach it's crescendo. There were a few puddles, palm branches in the way, the streets were eerily quiet, probably the most it's been for 20 years. 

just be safe

all schools cancelled here... and we won't get 20 mph winds or 2 inches of rain

another great pinellas county decision to further DUMB-DOWN our kids in the public school system

God help them :unsure:

9 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

One idea I've been toying with is to double the price of parts, then offer 50% off to existing Wheel Customers. This gives sufficient incentive to buy a new Wheel from us, while still giving an option to those who have not. 

I really don't mind to pay a double or perhaps even a triple price for a part, as I also believe that maintaining a part stock is difficult and an added value should be enough big in order to worth it for a vendor. 

14 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Thinking about how to manage non-Customer parts requests. On the debit side: it's expensive to keep a large selection of parts in-stock, difficult to source parts from manufacturers (even in quantity), depletes Customer supply, & is usually not very remunerative. 

On the other hand, a Customer may not know of our existence when purchasing a Wheel, or have been unlucky by buying from someone who can no longer support him ;). Some of my best Customers have been those where I've gone the extra step in helping out of a jam. 

One idea I've been toying with is to double the price of parts, then offer 50% off to existing Wheel Customers. This gives sufficient incentive to buy a new Wheel from us, while still giving an option to those who have not. 

First i thought:

Just go sell what you have to whoever wants it to have, customer before or not-customer before, as i see it more from the side like every else Business...it should run without restrictions.

After reading the discussion about it, i find the way, to get some more Money from the "Non-wheel-Customers" the best and right way to go! As Discounts for customers are also a very common Thing!

What i absolutly do not like, is to sell no spare parts to your Non-customers......how else, if not with "best Service" you will get more wheel-customers and convince them to not go the "cheapeast way"?

But what-ever you are doing...i have trust in you, that you will find a good middle-way for all :-)

21 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

you could also apply the discount on bought parts in retrospect if and when not-yet customers do buy their next wheel with you.

I purchased an Inmotion V8 and a Gotway ACM this past week.  I really like the ACM, but the V8 is something special.  It's hard to describe the riding experience, but the smooth acceleration of the motor and the turning radius is the best I've ridden in a wheel.  This thing turns as well as my ks14.  The ergonomics are by far the best I've experienced.  No cushy pads on this thing, but it doesn't need them. No soreness at all on my legs  after riding this one.  Just a pleasure to ride.  I'm definitely glad I purchased it.

21 minutes ago, Sketch said:

I purchased an Inmotion V8 and a Gotway ACM this past week.  I really like the ACM, but the V8 is something special.  It's hard to describe the riding experience, but the smooth acceleration of the motor and the turning radius is the best I've ridden in a wheel.  This thing turns as well as my ks14.  The ergonomics are by far the best I've experienced.  No cushy pads on this thing, but it doesn't need them. No soreness at all on my legs  after riding this one.  Just a pleasure to ride.  I'm definitely glad I purchased it.

If we ever meetup in a local ride I'd love to see the V8 up close.

29 minutes ago, Sketch said:

This is rejuvenating..  I just purchased and received my Gotway ACM maybe 2 weeks ago... I love the wheel.. Prior to that I also ordered a V8... Believe it or not i'm still waiting for it to ship from China about 25 days and counting.....  

Everybody keeps telling how much of a joy the V8 is to ride... I'm patiently waiting... Until then, I am enjoying the ACM. Thank you sir for restoring my justification in the purchase!

@Marty Backe If I ever get up to LA you are more than welcome to try it.  I'd love to here your feedback on the Msuper v3 compared to your ACM.

@Tishawn Fahie I think you'll like it. You can tell a lot of thought went into the V8.  The oval pedals are perfect for comfort as well.  Very nice design.

8 hours ago, Sketch said:

Hi am from Hong Kong and I am new to this forum. It's glad to found this forum and thread discussing the new V8.

I owned a Ninebot One E+, and order the V8 which should be arriving in a couple of days.

What I concern most is the pedal height. I am used to the NBO pedal, and it gives me confidence in really slow tight turn in which I keep (purposefully) scratching the pedal on the ground. 

In an occasion I tried a V8 from another wheeler, and found that the pedal is somewhat very high, and I can't even make smooth turns. I wonder if anyone can turn with the V8 with the wheel at nearly 40~45 degree to the side, yet can keep a very slow speed and tight turn radius? Because from the basic physics (mechanic) I know, the higher the pedal, the more difficult for the wheel to go back straight after slanting 45 degree to one side, unless it has more speed. (think about the extreme case where the pedal is mounted at the top of the wheel. How could you make it straight back if it is pushed down 45 degree to one side).

Maybe I am too stupid to think this "question", maybe after I get used to the new wheel the problem will vanish itself..... just my 2 cents

39 minutes ago, vinvin.hello said:

Hi am from Hong Kong and I am new to this forum. It's glad to found this forum and thread discussing the new V8.

I owned a Ninebot One E+, and order the V8 which should be arriving in a couple of days.

What I concern most is the pedal height. I am used to the NBO pedal, and it gives me confidence in really slow tight turn in which I keep (purposefully) scratching the pedal on the ground. 

In an occasion I tried a V8 from another wheeler, and found that the pedal is somewhat very high, and I can't even make smooth turns. I wonder if anyone can turn with the V8 with the wheel at nearly 40~45 degree to the side, yet can keep a very slow speed and tight turn radius? Because from the basic physics (mechanic) I know, the higher the pedal, the more difficult for the wheel to go back straight after slanting 45 degree to one side, unless it has more speed. (think about the extreme case where the pedal is mounted at the top of the wheel. How could you make it straight back if it is pushed down 45 degree to one side).

Maybe I am too stupid to think this "question", maybe after I get used to the new wheel the problem will vanish itself..... just my 2 cents

Hello vinvin,

You can make turns using a lower degree than 40-45, but having the higher pedal height will give you the option to turn at 40-45 degrees even if you need to power through the turn with some speed.  I just recently bought a V5F+ which also has a higher pedal height (relative to other 14" wheels).  It's my first wheel and I'm a beginner.  In honesty, it probably made learning a bit more challenging as a first time rider, but the higher pedal height can provide more control of the wheel.  I'm amazed how tight of a turn I can make.

Cheers

2 hours ago, John Eucist said:

Can firmware updates be done by the user for V5F and/or V8?

Yes the FW is user updateable via mobile app / BT.

Does the V5F and/or V8 have integrated bluetooth speakers?  I didn't think so but I'm seeing this taobao (China's ebay) listing saying something about an optional bluetooth speaker thing (but it's in Chinese).
https://world.taobao.com/item/536243993581.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.mYQrfg#detail

No built in BT speaker. There is an external cover with optional BT speaker:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Original-INMOTION-Scooter-V8-Protection-Bag-Cover-Bluetooth-Protective-Sleeve-for-V5-V5-V5D-V5F/32728496681.html

Does the V5F and/or V8 have integrated bluetooth speakers?  I didn't think so but I'm seeing this taobao (China's ebay) listing saying something about an optional bluetooth speaker thing (but it's in Chinese).
https://world.taobao.com/item/536243993581.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.mYQrfg#detail

I own both models and neither one has BT speakers. That would be a nice option! There are posts on this forum discussing adding speakers. Sorry I could not find the topic but it is out there. I Velcroed a BT speaker onto the side of my V5F+. It works well for my purposes.

So now that I have a V8, are there any compelling reasons to get the app and change any settings?  Or is it already optimized out of the box for all all practical purposes?

EDIT: I almost forgot.  I guess I should check the firmware version on the app?  Were there any important updates?

4 hours ago, vinvin.hello said:

n an occasion I tried a V8 from another wheeler, and found that the pedal is somewhat very high, and I can't even make smooth turns. I wonder if anyone can turn with the V8 with the wheel at nearly 40~45 degree to the side, yet can keep a very slow speed and tight turn radius? Because from the basic physics (mechanic) I know, the higher the pedal, the more difficult for the wheel to go back straight after slanting 45 degree to one side, unless it has more speed. (think about the extreme case where the pedal is mounted at the top of the wheel. How could you make it straight back if it is pushed down 45 degree to one side).

You have my curiosity. I make sharp slow turns but have never actually recorded the inclination in a quantifiable manner. Time for a video?

9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I own both models and neither one has BT speakers. That would be a nice option! There are posts on this forum discussing adding speakers. Sorry I could not find the topic but it is out there. I Velcroed a BT speaker onto the side of my V5F+. It works well for my purposes.

Charge2Speaker45Black_dvHAMaster.png

I just put one of these in the side mesh pocket (drink pocket) of my backpack when my euc doesn't have built in bluetooth speakers.  Unfortunately due to the orientation and position it won't be stereo to my ears.

Archived