Inmotion V8 - your thoughts and Impressions ... Now with extensive review included

HEC

43 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@Tishawn Fahie We crossed this bridge here and here already. I imagine Gotway you can lean harder as Gotway/KingSong response is softer comparatively, but main thing is, esp for newbies, there's no such thing as "harder accelerations" on any EUC because you are flirting with the overlean / overpower cutout threshold.

Makes sense noob errors.. My wife did it once a very long time ago on her Ninebot... She now knows better.

Makes sense thanks!

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I decided to prepare my wheel for the winter... ordered a Mad Mike tire and some proper Pedals as I do often offroad I couldn't resist to make it more suitable for the wild.

Not easy... first struggle remove all parts to access the tire. Using a tutorial from ecodrift.ru only parts that didn't needed to remove was the BMS and the side leds, everything else came out.

started to remove all parts carefully to not brake anything, after 2h I manage to access the tire, to replace is easy as it has enough rim space (later I found out that can be a disadvantage).

After installing the tire I noticed that it doesn't fit in the wheel body, there almost no space between the original tire and the inner fender, as the Mad Mike has some knobs, it touches the fender.

Another step needed to lift the wheel body for a few millimeters... this pet is easy.

After tire done, time for the pedals, DMC aka King send them super fast, some adjustment needs to be done for the pedal angle, takes some grinding time but if you have the right tool in no time you can get the pedal angle of your choice.

They are comfortable and a bit wider, the grip is good and let's you move the feet easier to adjust the position. Need to test now in wet and mud, the first impression is a very well build and comfortable pedal. Thank you King.

Here some pictures

IMG_6317.JPG

13 hours ago, Noillek said:

Another step needed to lift the wheel body for a few millimeters...

Nice account of your winter preparations. I didn't understand what you meant by "step". Is that a washer or shim?

14 hours ago, Noillek said:

after 2h I manage to access the tire

Since I don't own V8 I might be wrong, but from my experience with multiple tire changes on my V5F+, I think that there is much more easier way to get to the tire on V8 than it is shown in this ecodrift video. When you remove outer-shell plastic covers and open the control board compartment, you should disconnect the battery and unplug all connectors that connect motor cable with the control board. Than you remove 4 big screws on each side that connect the plastic case to the aluminium support arms - and you should be able to just slide out the complete inner shell from the motor and the tire, without removing any further components - like shown in this instruction video for V5 disassembly:

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:51 AM, Noillek said:

only parts that didn't needed to remove was the BMS

You most likely mean CB (controller board) rather than BMS (Battery Management System) which is enclosed in the battery pack itself ;) 

21 hours ago, Snurre said:

Nice account of your winter preparations. I didn't understand what you meant by "step". Is that a washer or shim?

"Step" as another part of the process to get the mad Mike fitted. How I did it was to replicate the 4 original holes in the plastic body a few millimeters below.

19 hours ago, xebeche said:

Since I don't own V8 I might be wrong, but from my experience with multiple tire changes on my V5F+, I think that there is much more easier way to get to the tire on V8 than it is shown in this ecodrift video. When you remove outer-shell plastic covers and open the control board compartment, you should disconnect the battery and unplug all connectors that connect motor cable with the control board. Than you remove 4 big screws on each side that connect the plastic case to the aluminium support arms - and you should be able to just slide out the complete inner shell from the motor and the tire, without removing any further components - like shown in this instruction video for V5 disassembly:

I did try an easy way although behind my battery pack the 2 side body parts were taped with American tape, only way to split the 2 sides was to remove battery pack and then the tape.

6 hours ago, HEC said:

You most likely mean CB (controller board) rather than BMS (Battery Management System) which is enclosed in the battery pack itself ;) 

Sorry my bad, thank you for clarifying. 

3 hours ago, trya said:

@Noillek can you please tell us more about your experience with these pedals and also please share where you get them. Who is DMC aka King?

Went today for a ride and it felt very comfortable the pedals, even In wet and mud the big spaces in the pedals make it easier to clean and grippier than original pedals if you have sand/mud on the shoes. Since you can adjust the angle of the pedal yourself I choose a bit less angle than 90 degrees vs the wheel.

DMC aka King is an INMOTION App member, he made and sent me the pedals. You can contacting in whatsapp via this number +852 5921 1171.

A really good surprise was the Mad Mike tire, is absolutely amazing, gravel, sand and slippery wet grass is absolutely no problem, feels so much grip compared with the original Kenda tire that gives you a whole new experience.

Downside of the tires is the noise, and the wobbling from the knobbies.

Very recommend upgrades if you intend to use it offroad.

Archived