Mango

10 hours ago, Robse said:

Text from the video: "to provide extra safety we implemented redundant hall sensor systems, in case either one fails while riding the other one can take over the task to make sure no cutout happens"

as @Tawpie i don't see any safety in this regarding cutout.  The hall sensors cant prevent loss of power due to mosfet failure, overheated / fried board, blown fuses, to low voltage and to high demand and what else can happen on this chinese crap that we gladly are riding :wacko:

9 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Wouldn't that be nice? Still, somebody would figure out a way, I have faith in the community.

I approve this message!

With this occasion I would like to launch my campaign for Presidency.

As your next President, in the first three months of my mandate I will pass a law to set high safety standards for personal electric vehicles, improve the infrastructure for them, ban imports of unreliable electric vehicles, reduce cars on the road and improve traffic fluidity, I will allocate funds for research and development in PEVs and tax reductions for businesses that produce them locally, reduce to a minimum our cities horrible pollution levels and make them more green, liveable and enjoyable. Life will be an endless fun ride if you vote for me. 

On 7/16/2022 at 1:06 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

"Challenger"

Heavy "Tanky" class EUC:

1. "Sherman" 

2. "Abram" 

3. "Challenger" 

I'm seeing a theme here, What's next? :efef927839:

"Leopard"?, "T-34"?, "Tiger"?, "Panzer"?, "Type 95"? :lol::roflmao:

In regards to the video, it's pretty interesting about the information inmotion was willing to disclose at this early stage. 

Can't fault the polish on this video, but its telling on other aspects they weren't willing to tell. 

I.e. Power density, software, euc housing dimension, lighting, etc. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

I regularly hit 53.

When you ride at 50+ mph on the Master, are the roads that you ride on, smooth? Is the ride at that point secure and calm, or skittish? What tire do you have on, and what is your tire pressure? Is the braking good enough to match?

4 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

I'm VERY excited for this wheel. I love my V1 Master, but it's already too slow for me.

50+ mph speeds are considered highway speeds. Where can you cruise at those speeds? Also, do you have enough range, while cruising at those speeds.

It would be something if the V13 can beat out the Master in this use case. Exciting times. Thanks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

It's nice to have ambitions in life but have you ever considered a more suitable form of transport? 

Shouldn't you be finding a more suitable thread to post this pov?

You are posting in a V13 thread, where one of its biggest selling point is the free-spin speed of 140+ km/h.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, onizukagto said:

Heavy "Tanky" class EUC:

1. "Sherman" 

2. "Abram" 

3. "Challenger" 

I'm seeing a theme here, What's next? :efef927839:

"Leopard"?, "T-34"?, "Tiger"?, "Panzer"?, "Type 95"? :lol::roflmao:

In regards to the video, it's pretty interesting about the information inmotion was willing to disclose at this early stage. 

Can't fault the polish on this video, but its telling on other aspects they weren't willing to tell. 

I.e. Power density, software, euc housing dimension, lighting, etc. 

4. "Ikaros"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robse said:

4. "Ikaros"

Lol! If the spontanous combustion mode keeps being installed from factory from certain manufacturers their next wheel might be named HIMARS. :D

I am a bit sceptical for the reasons for them to maybe not including suspension. A good suspension should be working in higher speeds without wobbles. Seems like the Master suspension is working fine and helping the rider at higher speeds.

1 hour ago, zege said:

Lol! If the spontanous combustion mode keeps being installed from factory from certain manufacturers their next wheel might be named HIMARS. :D

I am a bit sceptical for the reasons for them to maybe not including suspension. A good suspension should be working in higher speeds without wobbles. Seems like the Master suspension is working fine and helping the rider at higher speeds.

I wounder what you think once they roll out more reveals. 

Suspension or not, this is not as simple as one might think. But they are fully awae that some like suspected and some don't. 

I just don't see how this thing could have suspension.

That motor is similar in specs to the C40 motor on the ex.  The C40 with a tire mounted is over 40lbs, and the ex is 90lbs with a 2700wh 100v battery.

The wheel is gonna weigh 120lbs if it has suspension,  a 40lb motor and the battery needed to sustain the power in that video (126v 2500wh+).  

That's just too heavy for 90% of riders

Edited by wstuart
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, RayBanMonster said:

I believe launch is August 11th for the InMotion V13 Challenger

That would be crazy soon! Means they switched to a "say nothing until the wheel is done" publicity strategy. Given by how fast Begode adapts, that makes sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Given by how fast Begode adapts, that makes sense.

I think that's also one of the reasons they showed freespin speed but did not announce the max speed they plan to set for the wheel. Looks like a message to Begode: whatever speed your next master will be the Challenger has enough headroom to beat it by some 5-10kmh, so please don't try to compete :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That would be crazy soon! Means they switched to a "say nothing until the wheel is done" publicity strategy. Given by how fast Begode adapts, that makes sense.

Man, really in AUG? can anyone really confirm or are orders being placed? 

I have a two week wait for my Ks22, hearing reports of a couple of s22’s boards burning up on slow torque stuff (not sure on detail) 

Maybe after this long and still a little unsure of 22 it’s time to step up to a new challenger entering the ring 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

Man, really in AUG? can anyone really confirm or are orders being placed? 

I have a two week wait for my Ks22, hearing reports of a couple of s22’s boards burning up on slow torque stuff (not sure on detail) 

Maybe after this long and still a little unsure of 22 it’s time to step up to a new challenger entering the ring 

Two KS22 died today doing trail rides in one of the groups in town. A local master is having hall sensor/motor issues too. All within a week of getting here........

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

32 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

Two KS22 died today doing trail rides in one of the groups in town. A local master is having hall sensor/motor issues too. All within a week of getting here........

yes it’s not good. I wonder what firmware and info related. 

Hopefully if this v13 has been hidden away tested/delayed it’s because everything is ironed out well. 

It would be nice to see a wheel release a little less buggy. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

23 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

Hopefully if this v13 has been hidden away tested/delayed it’s because everything is ironed out well. 

It would be nice to see a wheel release a little less buggy. 

Early batch issues. It is a guarantee, or your money back. 🙂

Hopeful thinking won't change that. It is just the nature of the beast.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

It's somewhat surprising to see how reserved the mood is about V13. :-) I am not sure why that could be, either our weariness from high expectations broken with a couple of wheels recently or InMotion managed to surprise us for real this time with this teaser... 

I am personally very excited about V13. I was excited about Abrams and almost bought it but its great idea was corrupted by under-thought engineering. I do expect a higher quality execution from InMotion and although would no longer put a deposit for any wheel before seeing a couple of reviews, I can imagine I'll buy V13.

Now, somehow I am not sure about those speculations of 60kg+ weight. Somehow I could imagine V13 to be in mid- to high- 40's. My simple (and maybe incorrect) first thought is that if it has 4,400wh battery ((c) GoGeorgeGo) then at 126V it is an equivalent of Sherman Max' battery. Then you have a suspension mechanism on V13 that might be just slightly heavier than that steel framing of Sherman (I understand that InMotion will be using aluminium for framing which is much lighter.) Then the main difference between V13 and Sherman Max' weight will be in the motor, which I think will be 5-6kg diff.

And finally... Just trying to read as much as possible between the lines of the hints of some people who know what this will be about, do I understand right that InMotion are going to offer an optional automatic/electronic lock of the suspension at "above mid-speeds" (alarmed at just above 70kph on the teaser video?)??.... 

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What voltage do you guys expect? 126V? 134V? More? Those 140kph free spin must come from somewhere...

I think they may stick with 126V as per the display on the teaser. I reckon the wheel is largely ready for wider testing. In their call for V13 test dummies, InMotion indicate they will be finalising the contract with the winners by the end of August and send the first units out shortly after.

9 hours ago, Robse said:

4. "Ikaros"

Never heard of that MBT  (or maybe my googlianese is just shite). 

But if we are going to start throwing more naming nonsense, I look forward to an EUC called "Rheinmetall". 

Because it just a wicked kickarse name. Lol. :w00t2:

But getting back on topic, having the ability to  "lock speed" that still allows you go beyond the lock by say 20mph, so you really have to lean forward. But the minute you stop pushing it will slow down to the pre-set speed.  

If we assume the V13 motor can take 240kg load, just by limiting the speed, sumo-class riders will have some head room. 

Win-win for everyone. :thumbup:

On 7/17/2022 at 12:01 AM, Robse said:

Text from the video: "to provide extra safety we implemented redundant hall sensor systems, in case either one fails while riding the other one can take over the task to make sure no cutout happens"

as @Tawpie i don't see any safety in this regarding cutout.  The hall sensors cant prevent loss of power due to mosfet failure, overheated / fried board, blown fuses, to low voltage and to high demand and what else can happen on this chinese crap that we gladly are riding :wacko:

I think you could look at this with more constructive eyes. 

Hall sensor problems are rare to happen on most models. Especially during riding. That does not mean it could not happen. And people here on the forum asked for backup systems and over enginered designs for some time. 

So we can't get a instant spare tire during riding. But it is relative simple to add a second hall sensor the kicks in if the first report error. I doubt it cost much to do, but that is just a guess. 

So I like they idea that they are doing it. It might not matter much to many. But the few that might have a hall sensor fault during riding will appreciate it I am sure. Especially if they ride at high speeds. 

So what I mean it is soo easy to wake the negative finger. But doing so do not bring us better products. 

I am sure the Challanger in many ways are great. But I am not sure those speeds are to the benafit for EUC community/riders in the long term. But to take steps to minimise risk that must happen as top speeds goes up. This step is just one part to have a safe wheel. 

Another the touched on is the wiring. 

There are a few other things coming too. 

That said. Once it is in the flagship model this can find it's way to smaller models too as seen in other businesses. 

• Like 3