Mango

2 hours ago, Robse said:

Secret: New leaked photo from Inmotion "brainstorm and development division" x-name: Rectractable wheel 12.997½

v13-left.jpg.d347f0a9c99528c5c2af7c813e432241.jpg

The pads don't look very comfortable...and a bit narrow 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

I believe in a certain way the EUCs are getting mature enough to not be asking more and more speed is time to ask for batter construction, waterproofing, better lights that’s what I want now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRCO5lS0qZo

Regarding the expected high-speed aspect of V13 I stumbled upon this comment by MadPack and fully agree with the sentiment.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, EZhel said:

Both S20 and Master (as a reply to S20) exist exactly because ppl keep asking for more speed though. Both have effectively solved the torque vs speed issue, so there'll be more in the future and both Inmo and Leaperkim have to do something similar to compete.

The real problem with speed is extreme levels of battery drain. S22 goes for about 30 km at 65-75 km/h and then it needs to be plugged, basically same with Master. Also, Sherman and Monster rim issues show that big fast wheels do need suspension to survive potholes at high speeds. Thus we'll probably get 50 kg wheels next year, like EX20S but with high-voltage circuitry, and those weights make EUC to be more of a motorcycle than a small portable gadget.

Yes people will always want to go faster. But that does not mean they know what risk they are taking and getting themselves into. 

Also you might want bugatti veroyn speeds but where can you use that? 

And those that do use it at top speed  what risk are they forcing upon the world around them? 

So it boils now to freedom of choice vs what you as a rider forces others to deal with due to your choices. In a public space as traffic is there are rules so everyone can move about relative safely. 

So few countries might not limit freedom of choice as such but laws still apply and those still have speed limits and they can be different to what type of transport you use. 

Now right now people waits for next wheel. But I don't view top speed as a priority at all anymore. There are other things that means so much more to me. Sadly I anticipate from the meeting I have the V13 is not on my next wheel list. But I still wait to see what the end result is. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 9:34 PM, Tobey said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRCO5lS0qZo

Regarding the expected high-speed aspect of V13 I stumbled upon this comment by MadPack and fully agree with the sentiment.

And on this I totally agree. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Robse said:

News from "the facebook" :facepalm:

Annotation 2022-07-08 091636.jpg

I can see the metal fixed frame Inmotion showed me some time back. It might just be a render. But tjis could very much be how the wheel would look like. What you don't see how big it is and the weight. As an Inmotion rider tjis is very different to previous idealogi to what Inmotion has used up until now. 

I never saw the shell only frame and partly the motor. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

as others are saying on other platforms, those pedals seem very low 

That only makes sense if you know how tall it is. 

This is the biggest wheel yet from Inmotion. Based on a 18" wheel like the V11 but much "bigger" motor. And very different layout in the box of the shell. It is not made to be minimalistic. Yet some features are left out to make room in the design. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

This is the old picture right? Or is it new?

It could be older. But the metal frame making the handles and hidden structure I have seen in the spring. 

57 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

No suspension?

I can't give away the plan. But we will see how it will work out. 

I didn't see that actual construction but I were surprised of their approach. (To explain this I were in a meeting discussing feedback and community wishes posted here and on telegram over long time in general for EUC improvements.)

How it is done I have no clue. 

That is why I wait to see final reveal info. 

The hole construction is build for speed in mind. So think like race car vs premium car. Some things are left out. That is the part I personally dislike. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Unventor said:

I can see the metal fixed frame Inmotion showed me some time back. It might just be a render. But tjis could very much be how the wheel would look like. What you don't see how big it is and the weight. As an Inmotion rider tjis is very different to previous idealogi to what Inmotion has used up until now. 

I never saw the shell only frame and partly the motor. 

If it is OK for you to comment, do you think the proportions of the rendering shown, are similar to what you have seen of the wheel do far? If you say it has the V11 18" wheel, then perhaps it may use a 14" rim. However, you also said it is a big euc. I don't see how that is possible based on the rendering's proportions, unless the diameter of the wheel is larger than the V11's. 

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

If you say it has the V11 18" wheel, then perhaps it may use a 14" rim. However, you also said it is a big euc. I don't see how that is possible based on the rendering's proportions, unless the diameter of the wheel is larger than the V11's. 

There are plenty of 18” (14” rim) wheels that are bigger than V11, for example S22, Master, EX20S, Sherman max etc. To me it looks similar in proportions to V12, just bigger. You can have bigger in width also. V11 is pretty narrow wheel. Big battery might make it much wider. 

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The right one seems to have a V11-style suspension (central slider with spring or whatever inside).

Well spotted. There’s indeed a similar system. The left one is maybe a version without suspension?

In any case, the final wheel could be something completely different. These pictures might be just early renders. 

My wishlist include:

- Good suspension for comfort and street riding (not optimised for jumps or stairs)

- 2200-3200 Wh battery

- 18x3” tire

- Built in seat of place for optional seat

- Modular design, different versions for off road, street, touring, commuting

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

There are plenty of 18” (14” rim) wheels that are bigger than V11, for example S22, Master, EX20S, Sherman max etc. To me it looks similar in proportions to V12, just bigger. You can have bigger in width also. V11 is pretty narrow wheel. Big battery might make it much wider. 

I have ridden the V11, Sherman, S20/22, Master, Hero, Commander, and Abrams. At least for me, the perceived bulk and size of these wheels do not feel that big, except for the Abrams. The Abrams really stood out as a big wheel for me. 

True, between 80 snd 85 lbs, these 14" rim based wheels have more heft than the V12, and the S22 has the widest girth at the top, but they don't feel that big, especially the Hero and the Commander. The high pedal height (V11, S22, Master) might take some time to get use to, but that doesn't make them a big wheel.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Unventor said:

I can't give away the plan. But we will see how it will work out. 

I didn't see that actual construction but I were surprised of their approach. (To explain this I were in a meeting discussing feedback and community wishes posted here and on telegram over long time in general for EUC improvements.)

How it is done I have no clue. 

That is why I wait to see final reveal info. 

The hole construction is build for speed in mind. So think like race car vs premium car. Some things are left out. That is the part I personally dislike. 

Can you say if I can only afford a v12, that I should not wait for the v13 as it would be a lot more expensive and wouldn't be in the 2500$ range?

• Like 1

Yeah, the two bad things about it, by the sound of all speculations, are that it will be the most expensive production wheel ever (well above $4000+?) and as heavy as Abrams. But! If it delivers the best performance (speed-power/torque-range) - then count me in! :-)

When will it be revealed? Even if the Release is maybe 1 Year away its time for specs and fresh pictures ...or will the production Start directly after they Show IT? 

• Mango changed the title to Inmotion V13 Speculation