Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

19 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

That's me with the zapping problem. I ride without pads and the battery box corner is constantly (and very annoyingly) touching my calves. I was wearing long pants. At one point I started to feel electric zaps from the battery box corners. Both sides but not at the same time. This occurred while under heavier acceleration or close to 40 kmh speed. I'm able to ride calmly without getting zapped. It's a fairly strong shock. I haven't examined the wheel yet but I'm not riding it anymore. The potential for getting worse is there and 126 volts is no joke. 

That's very unfortunate, must be a stripped cable somewhere, it would be easy to take it apart to check, it's very easy to disassemble.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UniVehje said:

That's me with the zapping problem. I ride without pads and the battery box corner is constantly (and very annoyingly) touching my calves. I was wearing long pants. At one point I started to feel electric zaps from the battery box corners. Both sides but not at the same time. This occurred while under heavier acceleration or close to 40 kmh speed. I'm able to ride calmly without getting zapped. It's a fairly strong shock. I haven't examined the wheel yet but I'm not riding it anymore. The potential for getting worse is there and 126 volts is no joke. 

I tested if it charges and something broke. BMS doesn’t get info anymore. Probably some sensor or wire is stripped inside. I’m not feeling like opening it just to see. I don’t think I can fix this myself. The dealer is already involved (Myewheel). 

Sucks to be without the wheel for some time. At least now I have time to print all the parts for suspension and fix all the other issues of this wheel that KS didn’t know how to make properly. Amazingly poor quality after taking almost a year to mass produce. 
A5E6D5F1-86BC-462F-865B-11CC81769FEB.thumb.jpeg.103df799acf61ac243e936beeab93779.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

I tested if it charges and something broke. BMS doesn’t get info anymore. Probably some sensor or wire is stripped inside. I’m not feeling like opening it just to see. I don’t think I can fix this myself. The dealer is already involved (Myewheel). 

Sucks to be without the wheel for some time. At least now I have time to print all the parts for suspension and fix all the other issues of this wheel that KS didn’t know how to make properly. Amazingly poor quality after taking almost a year to mass produce. 
A5E6D5F1-86BC-462F-865B-11CC81769FEB.thumb.jpeg.103df799acf61ac243e936beeab93779.jpeg

Myewheel is super helpful and responsive, they will help you out, that looks like the left pack, very easy to take out if they ask you to.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 1:02 PM, litewave said:

I just received a Fedex ship notification this morning at 10.20am that my eWheels S22 will ship tomorrow Monday 22 August. :clap3:

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 1.05.22 PM.jpeg

They are not shipping today from what I understand, the wait continues....

Edited by Mrd777
  • Sad 1

the more wheels arrive, the more issues emerge.... 

electrocution... good lord, what next?

KS should be facing class actions if this continues. So happy I didn't get sucked in to the hype.

• Like 2

Ehhh, it's probably a chaffed wire. I'm not too worked up. This is a common theme with Chinese unicycle making. Slap it together and see how it shakes out. Improve it over time. 

I knew this going into it, and I accept the terms and risks as an early adopter. 

If we wanted super safe reliable UL listed wheels with verified QC inspections, We would need to be prepared to pay at least double. 

Sad but true. 

23 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

I just received an update from eWheels concerning their S22 shipment. The s22s are still making their way through customs and will be shipped out later this week or early next week. 

I'm giving it until the end of the week and then I am canceling.

Enough already.

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Yamanator said:

I ordered a S22 from ewheels. Also got the email about shipping monday. Fedex still has just the label printed and nothing picked up yet.

Its really bad business sending out tracking numbers days before the wheels are even being picked up.  I was rearranging my travel plans to receive the wheel when fedex gave me my arrival date which Im now discovering doesn't exist ? 

Edited by Mrd777
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrd777 said:

Its really bad business sending out tracking numbers days before the wheels are even being picked up.  I was rearranging my travel plans to receive the wheel when fedex gave me my arrival date which Im now discovering doesn't existent? 

I don't think it's bad business. It happens in a lot of motor sports. This just adds another dimension being straight from customs. I'd be more angry at the usual cluster of CA shipping. I'd venture to guess Jason and crew are grinding their teeth right now. 

1 hour ago, Mrd777 said:

Its really bad business sending out tracking numbers days before the wheels are even being picked up.

They need to send out a revised communication since they gave delivery dates that they will not be able to meet. I am scheduled to be off Thursday and Friday, but there is no point now...

7 hours ago, gon2fast said:

I just received an update from eWheels concerning their S22 shipment. The s22s are still making their way through customs and will be shipped out later this week or early next week. 

They've been saying that for about a month now haven't they?

eWheels is fantastic and I will stand by them. However, it’s very frustrating that they collected payment with a message saying that wheels will ship “within the week” and it’s now 15 days later and we still don’t know. 

I’m 100% confident that they are acting in good faith. I also think it would be great if they were sending out daily updates, even if there is nothing new to report. Communication is the best cure for PDS (Preorder Derangement Syndrome) 🤪

If someone needs to tell their friend that they are STILL WAITING for the s22..... then tell your friend!!! And then stop. Everybody do not need to read the shipment info from everybody.....
Or better. Make a specific thread about it!

Edited by EUCzero

eWheels Update:

"""
Good morning,

This is an update regarding your King Song S22 order status. 
Here is the current situation: Customs required payment by check, which was sent 16 days ago & cashed last Friday, but as of this moment, they still have not released the containers. We've been doing everything possible to try to get this situation resolved, calling/emailing, it's expected release will happen over the next few days.

Sorry about this hitch, the containers have been in the country for the past month, labels processed in preparation for shipping out on taking possession. The moment there's any change, will be sending out another update.  

Thank you for your patience & understanding, 

The eWheels Team
"""
  • Like 3

The impression I got from a week or so ago was that eWheels already had the S22s in their possession and they were going to spend a week checking things over and making sure there are no major issues before shipping them out.  This makes it sound like they are just going to ship them out as soon as they receive them.

Based on the previous batch, it seems like 10% (my guess) of S22s are having some kind of issue.  Some minor, other's major.  It would be nice if they did some basic checks and updated the firmware before sending them out.  I would actually pay extra for them to do that rather than dealing with potential early batch issues when it gets here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oolong said:

The impression I got from a week or so ago was that eWheels already had the S22s in their possession and they were going to spend a week checking things over and making sure there are no major issues before shipping them out.  This makes it sound like they are just going to ship them out as soon as they receive them.

Based on the previous batch, it seems like 10% (my guess) of S22s are having some kind of issue.  Some minor, other's major.  It would be nice if they did some basic checks and updated the firmware before sending them out.  I would actually pay extra for them to do that rather than dealing with potential early batch issues when it gets here. 

In one of the emails I received they had said this:

Q: Has there been an independent QC inspection for these machines?
A: Yes, we sent in an inspection team to validate the core functions, check that the battery packs were able to attain ~1V of the 126V max voltage spec, test the suspensions & oversee the in-house test/assembly processes.

• Like 1