Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

12 minutes ago, Javier464 said:

Yes, I have them for sale on eBay, I don't know if you can put a link here or I can send it to you privately

There's a Commercial Sales topic, and a Gadgets topic that would be excellent places to post. "Publicly" should get you some sales, right? (I love patronizing fellow riders that take the time to do this kind of thing)

I have created this thread, thanks

I leave the eBay link also for those who want to take a look

https://www.ebay.es/itm/265826711067?transid=2916759048016&mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e12011.m43.l1123&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=913fb082a88c433d85aad15a7d3e4300&bu=44093938401&exe=0&ext=0&osub=-1~1&crd=20220817043555&segname=12011

Edited by Javier464
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Javier464 said:

I refer to the tests

Before every 100 km my sliders would get stuck, now I have 300 km and it is still perfect, I have not had to apply more ptfe yet

Yes so that is basically the protectors protecting them and the original rubber cleaners gone.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, supercurio said:

However, it was probably with the assumption that the stock tire was hard. In fact it's quite the contrary so I would recommend higher tire pressures than usual instead, especially for those used to motorcycle or scooter tires which have hard carcasses.

That tire looked as soft as a CST-1488 tire.

Or was it an allusion. There are two possibilities. Either the tire is soft, or

supercurio's hand is super strong. 🙂

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Did anyone get shipping info from eWheels for their 2 containers of S22s? I faintly remember someone posting their email saying they were planning to ship them out within a week from the date, and I think it's been past that by now, and I haven't seen anyone talk about the eWheels S22s.

Last I heard (Monday) they were still in customs, hoping to ship by the end of the week. But I don't think that happened either.

I'm sort of wondering: the CPSC is mad about the 16S battery, for which KS has obtained safety certification (I forget which agency) and evidently will not voluntarily recall. Could the hold up be that KS had to go get the 40T configuration certified? They don't seem to have had any issues importing wheels with the LG packs, perhaps they had certs in place for those but hadn't ticked the box for the 40T? Conjecture on my part, no hints that it's anything at all… could be a box of fake Gucci handbags in the same container, or something else in there that didn't pay the bond or the customs supervisor is a BG fan or blah blah blah.

Edited by Tawpie

I just heard from them, they are still waiting to get the all clear from customs. No idea how long that could take, as bureaucracy is never quick. Hopefully we'll hear some more in the next few days, and we'll have wheels a few days after customs pulls their heads out.

Edited by kiitick
  • Like 1

I wonder when this shipment was manufactured and if they will have the "newer" production motors that were better assembled. 

Either way, it looks like my Grizzla pads will arrive at the same time,  and  I'm still waiting on notification for the E rides Ironman pedals. 

Edited by NErider
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NErider said:

if they will have the "newer" production motors that were better assembled.

I kind of doubt it. I read that the 'newer' motors were made in July, and I think our shipment had to be on the boat by then. But only KS and eWheels knows for sure.

I received two shipping notifications from eWheels for shipping out tomorrow.  I'm pretty sure I didn't buy two S22s...  :efee47c9c8:    Are they shipping any parts separately? like the batteries?

I’m pretty sure it’s an F’dEx problem. Seems like that happened with my last wheel. You’ll likely end up with one extra tracking number that doesn’t do anything for a few months and then vanishes. 

I got a notification for shipping tomorrow as well. I only got one tracking number this time though. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

mind if I steal this? sums up my opinion of that carrier in what, 4 letters.

Brilliant

At least they are reliable. I can rely on the certainty that my shipment will NOT arrive on the day that they say it will. 

Edited by Chester Copperpot
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, NErider said:

Got my notice as well. It's happening! 

I wonder which one of us will have great success with the wheel, and which of us will be swapping motors and boards in the next few weeks???

Yay!

Those that have lived good lives have already gotten their fair share of karma. Maybe the rotten people will have the best luck this time?

Nah. Karma is karma.

(but I am digging out the good luck charm...it's around here somewhere)

I don't know what my friend had done in his past life to deserve this, but his S22 started to give him electrical shocks from the battery box covers while riding.

Needless to say, the wheel is (again) at a non-rideable state while he examines what's going on. Could be a partially sorted motor phase, since it's related to the acceleration/torque demand that's put on the wheel.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I don't know what my friend had done in his past life to deserve this, but his S22 started to give him electrical shocks from the battery box covers while riding.

Needless to say, the wheel is (again) at a non-rideable state while he examines what's going on. Could be a partially sorted motor phase, since it's related to the acceleration/torque demand that's put on the wheel.

Wish you haven't said this lol. I have not experienced anything like that but now when i ride, i am just preparing and bracing myself for the shocks :D