Sherman firmware list

Dominic Winsor

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Then when you Unplug It or when it finishes charging or when the power goes out, it starts trying to balance

That was indeed the case, but on early firmware only. On 1053 it wasn't the case anymore. Luckily.

• Like 3

I don’t know what everyone is freaking out about. My firmware is 0.0.00 and it rides like a dream. It dips a little but coming from a Monster it’s nothing i haven’t experienced before. 

No transport mode, no mph function, hard mode oscillates and is unusable. 

Spins up to 107.5kmh on full battery and I rode medium mode. 

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, null said:

That was indeed the case, but on early firmware only. On 1053 it wasn't the case anymore. Luckily.

yep, my early firmware does this. prevents me from using a wheel stand, but not worth losing my lift speed. 

1 minute ago, Ben Kim said:

yep, my early firmware does this. prevents me from using a wheel stand, but not worth losing my lift speed. 

How do you safely charge your wheel? Do you keep it on its side when changing? Do you charge it standing in the shipping styrofoam and hope it does not stand up, try to take off and catch the styrofoam on fire. I am not trying to be hateful. I am just trying to figure out how you charge a wheel that wants to take off in the middle of the night when the power goes out. 

4 hours ago, RockyTop said:

How do you safely charge your wheel? Do you keep it on its side when changing? Do you charge it standing in the shipping styrofoam and hope it does not stand up, try to take off and catch the styrofoam on fire. I am not trying to be hateful. I am just trying to figure out how you charge a wheel that wants to take off in the middle of the night when the power goes out. 

i have sliders in front, doubles as a wheel stand. 

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 7:55 PM, RockyTop said:

How do you safely charge your wheel? Do you keep it on its side when changing?...

I made a really basic wooden stand, same design I have for all my wheels... 3/4” ply cut to width and height.. glued and screwed so it’s strong. Works fine. The Sherman one I made is a little right so sometimes I have to put my foot on the stand to lift it off so I may trim it a little. 

Here it is:  https://imgur.com/gallery/imyHdCM

external link because iPhone photos are too large for the forum’s file size limit. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Mine is created/assembled 28/1/2021 and have FW 1.0.56  

I still 1.0.56 latest one?

Maybe this info help someone. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 7:24 PM, Murdomeek said:

How much was it to buy the firmware update chip from veteran on facebook?

Thanks

On 1/7/2021 at 1:30 AM, null said:

Asked by email, 25$ shipped. There are quite a few in the wild now, you could probably borrow one.

18 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Mine is created/assembled 28/1/2021 and have FW 1.0.56  

I still 1.0.56 latest one?

Maybe this info help someone. 

Jesus, what decade--nay century--is this?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 2:55 PM, RockyTop said:

Leaned on its nose with ports up in the air. It wont auto balance as its leaned too far forwards. Using a gopro style ball mount. Sometimes I forget and charge it on the stand I printed for it. It never occured to me that it would spin up if power went out. I dont charge it unattended, so at least it would be something I could watch happen, as it became an 80lbs bowling ball gaining speed...

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

It never occured to me that it would spin up if power went out. I dont charge it unattended, so at least it would be something I could watch happen, as it became an 80lbs bolling ball gaining speed...

@ShanesPlanet I believe you will most likely be OK with your firmware being a later version than the very first batch 0.0.00 @Ben Kim's post referred to.  Jason had Veteran make a change to that behaviour whereby the wheel could spin up at the same point in time where they also added the fuses and protective sleeves to the motor wires IIRC. 

• Like 3

I collected my new Sherman (black buttons/wide rim/new hangers/modded panels) a few days back and according to EUCW its showing Ver. 1.0.56.

Of note is that the charger came with 150uF caps so I may swop those out. Also the pins were not doubled, which I have done now. Prob not entirely necessary for 5A but I feel happier with it done.

I have checked the wheel and the charge port pins are already doubled on both ports.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Planemo said:

I collected my new Sherman (black buttons/wide rim/new hangers/modded panels) a few days back and according to EUCW its showing Ver. 1.0.56.

Congratulations on the New Sherman, welcome to the club. As you may well be aware from my charger WARNING topic, the most recent charger I was sent as a replacement from Veteran Did actually have a few changes which I described in a recent post to the main topic.

From what I can now conclude from the long drawn out drama that I endured, the voltage of 220/240V here in NZ and of course over there in the UK (which coincidentally is where I was originally born and bred) could have been the main factor in the 150uf chargers inability to reliably charge the Sherman without risking damage to the control board!

It appears that the Only Sherman owners that suffered the issue (that I know of), were from countries using 220/240V which @YZPOWER previously stated the updated 220uf charger would help by allowing a voltage of up to 260V to be accommodated without issue. The second replacement charger does indeed have 220uf capacitors and has proven reliable (around 7 Full charge cycles 20% -100%) since installing the Second replacement board, so swapping those out may prove to be a wise move.

2 hours ago, Planemo said:
  On 11/25/2020 at 10:48 AM, Darrell Wesh said:

Only ewheels versions have the white red flashing lights instead of the blue 

My UK (erides) wheel came with white/red.

Initially the Sherman was still shipping with the Blue flashing lights, mine included, even after the change was made by Veteran for eWheels customers. I believe they were most probably shipping out existing stocks of Blue flashing lights wheels until they were All cleared.

Red has now been the current version flashing light for many for quite some time now, but unfortunately is still the wrong colour option legally on the front for most countries, so I have swapped mine for an amber version available from Ali Express.

Please let me know if you need the links to the one I obtained or even if you want to ask anything else Sherman related that I may be able to help with?

Enjoy your new Road Weapon!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Can confirm in EU countries both RED/BLUE flashlight is ileagal and is like reason why police focus you.

I am ex police. I can assure you the red flashing lights will never be used. Red rag to a bull springs to mind :)

Sherman is no joke machine

To be fair it feels more sluggish off the mark than my 100v 1865wh msx. But cheers

be nice on cyclist/pedestrian say often: Thank you , Nice day

I always do :)

,Beware of soft mode 1.0.56 and hard turns i fall off because i panic when "sheman dip hapened on 180 degree turn)

I will never use soft mode. I use medium on the msx and the sherman feels pretty similar on medium as well. In fact, I cant tell the difference (yet).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fbhb said:

Congratulations on the New Sherman, welcome to the club.

Cheers, my mind is made up, I'm gonna swop them out for some decent Nichicons. I think I need 220uF, but not sure of voltage, I will go back to your thread :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...