Sherman firmware list

Dominic Winsor

1 hour ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

Briefly about the firmware version for Sherman🤔

telegram-cloud-photo-size-2-5330123963197665216-y.thumb.jpg.f5901d713f454b03781bbc6ad27b7055.jpg

Veteran's don't want users to see the firmware version in our apps. I think that the EUC World developer and I need to display the firmware version in the same format. The problem is that Veteran's don't say what format they intended the version to be in. You can vote for the version format:

Honestly, the 1053 is easy enough to use. Integers for the win. I get his point about support queries, but they have a niche product with an enthusiast community. Firmware patching should be part of the support network.

• Like 2

According to Green fashion:

"The number almost be updated. Actually the firmware does not be changed. They are the same."

When i replied that such a thing is odd.

"We have confirmed that by the Sherman manufacture. Lots of our costomer confused about it before, so we talked about it with the manufacture."

Which kinda confirms the convo Ilya had.

On 11/26/2020 at 10:32 AM, Ilya Shkolnik said:

Veteran's don't want users to see the firmware version in our apps. I think that the EUC World developer and I need to display the firmware version in the same format. The problem is that Veteran's don't say what format they intended the version to be in. You can vote for the version format:

Seems that 1.0.53 is the right format for firmware version. When I implemented Veteran support in EUC World, I apparently had no knowledge on how to decode/format this information. But as @Ilya Shkolnik put my attention on this thread, I checked the last document I received from Linnea and found something like this:

image.png.e43ff606afbfd9ce5ba8516dd068c761.png

So according to this info seems that 1053 should be displayed as 1.0.53.

Another thing is that Linnea asked us to remove firmware version information from WheelLog and EUC World (and maybe from DarknessBot too, I don't know). I assume this is to eliminate requests from users wishing to update their Sherman's firmware. It's understandable from manufacturer or dealer point of view, as it will limit post sale support requests. However, our apps are independent apps created by community members for community members. This is why I would love to read what community members think about it. Should we unify the way Sherman firmware version is displayed and keep it in our apps or should we fulfil Linnea's request?

• Like 3

On 11/19/2020 at 12:29 AM, Darrell Wesh said:

Is your battery charging to 100%? Mine only charges to like 97% on darknessbot. And with full battery my speed is 103kph

I don't charge to full if not needed, did so this morning and EUC World showed 100% 100,3V (charger was still active, couldn't wait longer).

Edited by craio

And on the subject of FW versions, mine has 4.31 (1.0.55?), I received it in early November, and I don't want to know what the pedal dip was like on the initial FWs because I already find it pretty unnerving on my FW...why on earth do the pedals dip forward when turning, bringing them even closer to the ground? Sigh...

• Like 3

There was also overheat hill type cable melting, which was improved via software (and later thicker cables) as well as fixes like the EUC powering on (spinning) when charging stopped.

Edited by null
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, travsformation said:

And on the subject of FW versions, mine has 4.31 (1.0.55?), I received it in early November, and I don't want to know what the pedal dip was like on the initial FWs because I already find it pretty unnerving on my FW...why on earth do the pedals dip forward when turning, bringing them even closer to the ground? Sigh...

Odd, i got 4.29 and don't notice any pedal dip... Wonder how valid those numbers are then?

• Like 1

Please keep the firmware version visible! This is a big disappointment from Veteran! Total non sense mainly when you know that as an example, pedal dipping issue got solved by a firmware update! So sometimes improve safety for all!

Why don't they sell those chips or at least make firmware available to all with the use of a standard adapter?

• Like 3

I agree it would be great if they would be selling those chips. I think we all should have in mind that customer service and chinese companies still have some progressing left to do before it hits that mint condition super friendly state. :D So aftersales of chips might be the best hope.

On 11/18/2020 at 3:29 PM, Darrell Wesh said:

Is your battery charging to 100%? Mine only charges to like 97% on darknessbot. And with full battery my speed is 103kph

Mine does the same with the latest firmware 4.32 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

97% or 97v? That’s not good if you’re at 97v and the charger is green.... my battery says 97% but voltage is at 100 volts

97% or 97v? That’s not good if you’re at 97v and the charger is green.... my battery says 97% but voltage is at 100 volts 

I meant 95% and 99.7 v lol sorry 

Edited by JimJJ

I meant darknessbot show 96% and 99.70v 

I was told that when you plug in your Veteran to change it turns the wheel on but does not balance. Then when you Unplug It or when it finishes charging or when the power goes out, it starts trying to balance. 
Is this true. If so I missed this information.
Has this been fixed in software or is it not seen as a problem? 

Please correct me if I am wrong about a detail. 

I have not seen this first hand.  

15 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I was told that when you plug in your Veteran to change it turns the wheel on but does not balance. Then when you Unplug It or when it finishes charging or when the power goes out, it starts trying to balance. 
Is this true. If so I missed this information.
Has this been fixed in software or is it not seen as a problem? 

Please correct me if I am wrong about a detail. 

I have not seen this first hand.  

It indeed turns on without balancing when a charger is plugged in (the rearlight also turns on).When i unplug the charger the display shows 'off' and the sherman turns off.

• Like 3