Sherman firmware list

Dominic Winsor

A friend got his new replacement motherboard and it is version 1.0.58, another friend just got his new wheel which also came with version 1.0.58, very recent change as mine bought in may is 1.0.56.

• Like 3

Hello friend @Rawnei :D

Yes I just received a unit with 1.0.58.

Guys, let me know if you're thinking of some (non-destructive) test to run. I'd be happy to try and figure out differences if any.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, supercurio said:

Yes I just received a unit with 1.0.58.

I just added to my "Charger/motherboard Failure" topic that another Sherman owner very recently was supplied with the very latest motherboard version L21-10, after he suffered the same "E CHAr" fate!

Veteran Sherma Latest motherboard

My replacement motherboard, that arrived in April was version L20-42 with 1.0.56., so maybe you Also have the latest L21-10 motherboard in your New Sherman? If you are able to confirm, that would be useful information especially if we are able to find out what changes the New L21-10 board and firmware 1.0.58. offer.

From my own perspective, I would very much hope that Veteran has now made it impossible for the 5A charger to blow the charge circuit but transparency and clarification on changes from the manufacturers Always seems to be a major issue!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 3

Just today @Jason McNeil (eWheels) has contacted one of it's customers (Steve Krytus) and sent him through Veteran's New OTA update tool, in order for him to update the firmware on his wheel using his phone via the Android update tool. 

This tool has allowed him to update his Sherman to the latest 1.0.58. version of the firmware, according to a Facebook post he made today, including this copy of the email. 

Veteran Sherman OTA update Tool

It would be good to know how the rest of us could get a copy of the update tool download from Veteran, as I believe it is currently Only available from eWheels to send out to their customers!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Just today @Jason McNeil (eWheels) has contacted one of it's customers (Steve Krytus) and sent him through Veteran's New OTA update tool, in order for him to update the firmware on his wheel using his phone via the Android update tool. 

This tool has allowed him to update his Sherman to the latest 1.0.58. version of the firmware, according to a Facebook post he made today, including this copy of the email. 

It would be good to know how the rest of us could get a copy of the update tool download from Veteran, as I believe it is currently Only available from eWheels and their customers!

Veteran Sherman OTA update Tool

oh hell yes! I was told that they were working on OTA firmware for the sherm. Of course, I wasnt holding my breath. NOW its a reality? IN the world of eucs, this is quite spectacular! I havent had any FW issues (pedal dip excluded) with mine yet, but its WONDERFUL to hear that OTA updating may be a thing. I'll wait to see if @Seba snatches this ability and perhaps entertain the update if/once eucw combs thru it and tells me its a go. I'm still operating on negative mileage, but long since gave up caring about such details. It aint like ignoring tiny details isnt something we learn at the same pace we laern to ride. Thanks for sharing this. Now, if only we could get an OTA update that would magically put speakers inside the wheel...

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Are ALL Shermans prior to 1.0.58 afflicted with the negative mileage and temp problem? It might seem silly but this would really pi$$ me off.

Mines first batch. The negative mileage only shows on the main screen for overall. My apps show the correct somehow. I also havent noticed any temperature problems.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

Are ALL Shermans prior to 1.0.58 afflicted with the negative mileage and temp problem? It might seem silly but this would really pi$$ me off.

I don't believe that the symptoms the Facebook poster reached out to eWheels to get addressed are widespread prior to the very recent 1.0.58. Sherman owners.  I personally have Not had any problems with either issue and my Sherman was purchased in September 2020 and arrived early November 2020.

The back story was that when he contacted eWheels with his issues, they remarked that there was a New firmware available and the New update tool for him to try out and see if it addressed his particular symptoms!

As is the usual cloak of secrecy with information around what a New firmware actually addresses or what changes have been made, there are No definitive details on what exactly the 1.0.58 offers over 1.0.56. that I am aware of, apart from the info I posted earlier!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

001.0.58 version instructions
 1: Modify user voltage ±1.5% fine adjustment.
 2: Add factory calibration voltage function.
 3: Improve PA to level 18, 0.33 degree accuracy

give app permissions, ( in android settings ), connect , start ble scan, select LKXXXX (ie LK1344), then the three dots in the upper left corner, upgrade, start and confirm. you will be on latest firmware

Just need to get the app now,,app at bottom  of post now

2021-07-06_01-00-28

Screenshot_20210706-140154_Leaperkim

2021-07-06_02-05-04

UPDATE,, HERES THE FIRMWARE SO AT OWN RISK OBVIOUSLY 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aciax9n4v5oswt5/LkTechEn1.0.apk?dl=0

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

The voltage calibration works well indeed, I completed it a few days back.

With it, you can set a positive or negative voltage offset: typically at the end of charge when the voltage is precisely 100.8 V
It calibrates the top end which allows good function of over-voltage alarms, but also applies the same to the low end, which will affect how soon you'll get low battery beeps and tiltback.

I'm not sure if the calibration makes both top and low end voltages accurate because it's a single offset, but still it's a nice feature to have.

Here: -0.3 offset applied on my wheel. The charger goes up to 100.8 V precisely, and now the wheel reflects that as well
(The wheel is not fully charged in this pic)

PXL_20210706_104342546.thumb.jpg.d7b2305b91d6b28b345f98dc29b6811d.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, stephen said:

001.0.58 version instructions

What is this mean? 

10 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

What is this mean? 

I think it means you can set pedal angle in increments ,,0.1-0.9 instead of just a full 1 degree,,,, maybe I'm wrong 

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, supercurio said:

The voltage calibration works well indeed, I completed it a few days back.

With it, you can set a positive or negative voltage offset: typically at the end of charge when the voltage is precisely 100.8 V
It calibrates the top end which allows good function of over-voltage alarms, but also applies the same to the low end, which will affect how soon you'll get low battery beeps and tiltback.

I'm not sure if the calibration makes both top and low end voltages accurate because it's a single offset, but still it's a nice feature to have.

Here: -0.3 offset applied on my wheel. The charger goes up to 100.8 V precisely, and now the wheel reflects that as well
(The wheel is not fully charged in this pic)

PXL_20210706_104342546.thumb.jpg.d7b2305b91d6b28b345f98dc29b6811d.jpg

I've done the update without any issues but how do set the voltage offset? Thanks!

17 hours ago, fbhb said:

One more nail in the Begode coffin. (With Veteran adding firmware updates along with all the others, that leaves literally only one company refusing to provide this basic functionality.)

• Like 2

Got my Sherman today after a wait since May. Latest version (rim aso)

FW 1.0.58 (Euc world)

Red flashing light (bought at european seller)

001.0.58 version instructions

indeed, at the end of the menu (not advanced) not described in manual. I GUESS it doesnt affect the BMS, but only alarms?

same as 1? Or?

Yes, 18 steps fwd and 18 bwd.

measured with my phone to -7 to +11 degrees so 0.5 degree steps. It looks sooo silly when max forward tilted. Think i need to level mine, doesnt seem to be fully at 0 measured at the panel

The advanced menu have tons of stuff.

hall sensor sensing binary

Two temps (at least says C on both, one correpsonds to euc world, the other seems to stay at 80

one temp in fh i guess (says fh)

amps (seems like two different ones)

voltage (a pity it doesnt stay after power off)

countdown timer 3600 seconds (guess it autompowers off after 1 hour?) That resets each time you move the euc

a lot of stuff i dont know like

bd

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 2

When the company says dont touch it unless u need to,and then says use at ur own risk,why would u touch it??Leave it alone unless u have a very specific problem that needs addressing to make ur wheel safe to ride!

• Like 2

I am on a first version. I wonder if this update brings anything useful to the table? It sounds like setting tilt would take FOREVER, with the new update? Im leery of trying things like this, especially since my wheel works and hasnt face planted me yet. I would feel MUCH better about it, if I knew @Seba has taken the risk and effort to include this in his App. Unless someone can verify that the update can increase safety of temp reporting, I do think I'll wait and let the brave give it a try...

hahah @Daley1, you musta posted as I was typing. Im somewhat echoing your thoughts on this one... 50mph wheel isnt a play toy to just randomly change crap imho...

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Daley1 said:

When the company says dont touch it unless u need to,and then says use at ur own risk,why would u touch it??Leave it alone unless u have a very specific problem that needs addressing to make ur wheel safe to ride!

You can always revert back to 1.56 if you have the update chip 

5 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I am on a first version. I wonder if this update brings anything useful to the table? It sounds like setting tilt would take FOREVER, with the new update? Im leery of trying things like this, especially since my wheel works and hasnt face planted me yet. I would feel MUCH better about it, if I knew @Seba has taken the risk and effort to include this in his App. Unless someone can verify that the update can increase safety of temp reporting, I do think I'll wait and let the brave give it a try...

hahah @Daley1, you musta posted as I was typing. Im somewhat echoing your thoughts on this one... 50mph wheel isnt a play toy to just randomly change crap imho...

I like the update, pedal dip is alot less you can tell on hard mode easily,  I like that it you can change the voltage so do it matches the on screen display, it also seems to have a bit more torque 

To me is worth the update plus I'll gain a few more miles 

• Like 2

I downloaded your apk but I dont have your new icon, it shows the LeaperKim Android bot. Should I be worried?

I did download (and delete) the LK app before yours though. Maybe thats something to do with it?

I still havent used either yet...still plucking up the courage...