Sherman firmware list

Dominic Winsor

I'm just wondering if they updated the firmware to fix pedal dips while turning has effect on torque distribution....I noticed first batch of sherman was capable of 106kph off load ,then gradually decreased with later firmware (100-103kph max off load)..not sure if this is true 

I have updated - was easy enough thanks to the video post made by Shield recently Veteran firmware update

My thoughts after a mile of riding (it is REALLY wet today.. I got soaked already)

1055 - less pedal dip on turning. Feels smooth. Will update after a while once I’ve properly ridden it and it’s not like riding in the shower.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 6:11 AM, Steve Jo said:

I'm just wondering if they updated the firmware to fix pedal dips while turning has effect on torque distribution....I noticed first batch of sherman was capable of 106kph off load ,then gradually decreased with later firmware (100-103kph max off load)..not sure if this is true 

I believe the newest 1056 firmware is the one that lowers the off load max speed. 

• Like 3

I've received my sherman... where do i see the firmware version? Serial is probably 1175 (given the bluetooth name). Highest speed according to euc world is 99,3km/h. Same app reports version 4.29...

Edited by craio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, craio said:

I've received my sherman... where do i see the firmware version? Serial is probably 1175 (given the bluetooth name). Highest speed according to euc world is 99,3km/h. Same app reports version 4.29...

I think 4.31 is the latest firmware. Are you experiencing a lot of pedal dipping?

7 minutes ago, Ferreal said:

I think 4.31 is the latest firmware. Are you experiencing a lot of pedal dipping?

None yet.

But i'm a light rider that is slowly getting accustomed to a completely different wheel. So might not have triggered it.

The pedal dip in Sherman is noticeable especially first batch when turning...if you don't feel any pedal dip during turning then you may get latest firmware

47 minutes ago, craio said:

None yet.

But i'm a light rider that is slowly getting accustomed to a completely different wheel. So might not have triggered it.

5 hours ago, craio said:

Is your battery charging to 100%? Mine only charges to like 97% on darknessbot. And with full battery my speed is 103kph

I have 1053... Has anyone updated from the earlier version, to 1056 and can report back their results? I'm curious. I've gotten used to the pedal dip when turning. Maybe because the sherman was my first wheel, so I didn't know any better and just took it as it is how it was.... It would be nice though to not have it dip!

• Like 2

On 11/18/2020 at 9:16 PM, Steve Jo said:

The pedal dip in Sherman is noticeable especially first batch when turning...if you don't feel any pedal dip during turning then you may get latest firmware

Didn't experience any doing my 5km commute and making small circles when waiting for a green light, this was in medium mode.

So darknessbot reports 1xxx numbers and euc world x.xx? Not sure how one translates to the other.

1 hour ago, 808shane said:

I have 1053... Has anyone updated from the earlier version, to 1056 and can report back their results? I'm curious. I've gotten used to the pedal dip when turning. Maybe because the sherman was my first wheel, so I didn't know any better and just took it as it is how it was.... It would be nice though to not have it dip!

What is your lift speed at full battery? 103 or 106 kph? I wonder if they new firmware lowers top speed even more for better torque 

7 hours ago, DangerDan said:

I ordered a update chip to EU, i will let you know what EUC World will prompt after the update. Right now i am on 4.29 according to EUC World.

Where did u order ur update chip from? My seller has gone extremely quiet.:w00t2:

58 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Only ewheels versions have the white red flashing lights instead of the blue 

Oh really? didn’t know that. I’m still going to switch it out with white/amber flash because red is not legal here.

• Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 10:51 PM, orurio said:

Oh really? didn’t know that. I’m still going to switch it out with white/amber flash because red is not legal here.

The lights are all just off-the-shelf modules. You can browse AliExpress to see lots of options. Unfortunately none of them have that OEM look and performance with a white glow/halo light, which is what I'd prefer.