I like it!! Best part for me is that they tested it with someone my size. :thumbup:

I hope to see better quality than the Chinese wheels. I would think that Korea would go the extra steps to provide a more quality wheel than other competitors. ( I am hoping) 

• Like 2

• RockyTop featured and unfeatured this topic

An aggressive <$2.5kusd pricing be gravilicious as well. Damn this is exciting! Another suspension wheel & this time, from a country where they understand the meaning of QC. Great time to be alive for sure😍!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What is the tire size? 16x3?

That could be interesting, having the torque (or ease to accelerate) of a 16inch with the confort of a larger tyre (suspensions)

Edited by null

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What is the tire size? 16x3?

The guy on the wheel is 220 pounds and not fat. Maybe 6’3” . ........ Might not be 16” but then again the KS16X tire is 3 x 17.675” and they call it a 16”. 

Reliability and affordable price are among my top considerations. I am looking for a upgraded wheel but doubt I will ever need extreme speed, 55kph would be more than enough, risking injury from pushing limits is not my personality. Actually at one time I was super close to buying a gt16 on ali express, but the sale just ended. Still looking at my options, maybe thinking Tesla v2  or Mcm5 v2. I like the innovation of Vetran Sherman, but that's way too much wheel and I wish they will make a 16 or 14 mini vetran. I was interested last time there was a lot of videos about the Iron Korea as well.

Edited by Fox
more opinions
  • Like 2

Iron Korea came out with a suspension, great!! Well done making it relevant. It does look a bit jumpy on the stairs, but I know e shouldn’t draw conclusions based on a short promo video.

To me the tire looks much more like a 18x3” than a 16x3”.

7 hours ago, RockyTop said:

the KS16X tire is 3 x 17.675” and they call it a 16”. 

It says 16” x 3.0” on the tire itself, that’s why we call it a 16” wheel. As for being taller than actual 16”, that’s just how the marking standards go, since the rim size must stay constant with the varying tire widths. A bit like car tires.

• Like 3

What do I want? 100v + (1600+ Wh) + (18 x 2.5"[!] tire) + suspension + (ideally sub-60 pounds), 100% geared for street riding--suspension provides cushioning while thinner tire provides less rolling resistance for better battery life as well as better cornering at speed.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AtlasP said:

What do I want? 100v + (1600+ Wh) + (18 x 2.5"[!] tire) + suspension + (ideally sub-60 pounds), 100% geared for street riding--suspension provides cushioning while thinner tire provides less rolling resistance for better battery life as well as better cornering at speed.

Whether it is 2.5" or 3" matters less for roll resistances. It is in the end how big a patch that is in contact with the surface or shape of footprint and the bearings efficiency. 

I still think 3" tires are a better overall solution. As long the tire is U shaped and not (_). Or mc style vs car style tire. 

Also I would rather have a 84v vs 100v battery configuration. The more cells you can fit in parallel configuration the more torque you can get. As for a street wheel I would rather have acceleration and braking power over 50+ kmh option. 

• Like 2

This wheel looks interesting and this is why for me:

- 20 amp by default charge support. This must mean they have proper wiring in place. This must mean the mainboard components should be beaf too. I hope this is the case. I expect high QC product.

- 2400+ Wh battery. I wonder if the size is selectable? I was really happy to see they make bigger size. Are they undecided on the size? I hope they go for bigger (more below)

- Travel promise 80km (-160km?) I hope the min guarantee for 100 km travel range for all user spec hits the market sweet spot of needs. 

- For the motor size 3000W.. well 2500W has been beafy enough.. (for my MSP) but this would draw more juice from battery, so I think this setup _need_ bigger size battery. 

-The weight of the product was 25kg or near? I think this info is still in the "air" as they polish it? That is sweet spot for this spec, I would say pretty amazing for big performance motor and battery size. (let's not forget it has suspension too)

- Pedal height looks good, I like high clearance. Not sure about this part yet. 

-Suspension.. The pedals go lower during suspension. I need more info on it to make my mind on it..

- I do not know what price they aiming for. But this looks like it is torque device, I could be wrong. So I assume it performs "better acceleration over max speed", 45 degree climb is amazing and sounds like mosfets gotta be quality ones with that spec. (I wanna see Marty go overheat hill with it.) Top speeding around 60kph.

This is what I hope the wheel to have:

1. SMART BMS (if with temperature control a dream of a machine)

2. Big battery (or selectable battery size), water sealed to the max.

3. Water protection on mainboard

4. Water protected switches like main power button, liftoff button.

5- Additional user modifier to safety like tiltback settings to low battery voltage (So in addition to the overal safety setting, say if I want to set additional safety features when someone else would use it, the additional customisable (many, not just one) tiltback options and speed limitations would be good feature. A software app too, english support)

6. Customer support on after sale, sparepart available in Europe, USA..

7. Sturdy trolley handle, that does not leak water inside the shell of EUC.

8. Device should be able to take some crashes. RollNZ cover option for it?

9. Easy to replace tire? (wishful)

10. Homer Simpson did not design it

11. Instead of releasing new wheel every few months, have a good quality product and spareparts available to it.

12. Maintenance of device with ease. Quality screws that do not break after first time you remove em.

13. I like to know my device can reach ~60km/h for safety than it being lacking. Even I would go that fast only in rare occasion.

14. last but not least - I want the device to be safe to use and safety features protecting me from doing cutoff because overlean or lower power on battery.

EDIT: one more

15- Pedals that we can fit to different feet size. (lil gaps to expand in pedal, to make it fit many user type, with filler fit in gaps screwing in place)  Say 2 or 3 filler gap would let you select between = 1 filler in middle gap for small increase. Just 2 gaps both side for medium. And all 3 pieces for really large feet. I hope I explained the design simple enough.

I am interested in this product. Gotta keep eye on it what comes of it. 

Edited by Tasku
polishing and more detailed explaining
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Tasku said:

This wheel looks interesting and this is why for me:

- 20 amp by default charge support. This must mean they have proper wiring in place. This must mean the mainboard components should be beaf too. I hope this is the case. I expect high QC product.

12 hours ago, null said:

Would be nice, where do you have the info from?

I'm going to remain very skeptical on this one.  I see some sites say this for the Gotway Monster Pro, but they make other mistakes related to electrical specifications so I'm remaining highly skeptical on this,  What I saw was Gotway said something about 20A short-circuit (i.e. fuse) protection.   This does not by itself imply that it can support a 20A charge rate.  I suspect a language / knowledge issue maybe originating inside of Gotway for one, not sure about this wheel as I''ve seen no other reference to this from Iron.

• Like 1

South Korea attempts to take a bite of suspension wheel market

I'm excited about the potential introduction of another wheel to the EUC market. Competition is great for the consumer. However, Iron Korea needs to step up its game if it wants a bite of the suspension market. As it stands now, the scant specs we have don't lend themselves to a spectacular wheel and even if the Iron 100 Pro was a suspension wheel, I'm skeptical of its success. Begode's shaky entrance to the suspension world could prove to be the opening Iron Korea needs. (Read more)

I only now realized when watching the video for the second time that the pedals really are the only suspended part, the side panels (and sidepads) are not. This is a potential issue for the ride feel and characteristics.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I only now realized when watching the video for the second time that the pedals really are the only suspended part, the side panels (and sidepads) are not. This is a potential issue for the ride feel and characteristics.

Sounds painful :( .............. So? ... I am not going to have hair on the insides of my legs anymore?  :huh:. ............ 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.
Thank you for your interest and feedback on Iron Korea's new project.

The video test product is a temporary product for suspension testing with 18-inch and 3.0-thick tires.

We are testing durability and performance as much as possible.

Everything has not been decided yet, except for the suspension and tire thickness. You can edit it at any time.

The battery is up to 2486wh.

Please tell us the specifications you want most.
I'll see a lot of feedback.

IRON KOREA Youngil Kim

Edited by Young il KIM
  • Like 2