3 hours ago, citadelfox said:

stability, range, acceleration?

bigger wheel give

more stability ( on a 22'-24' usually you feel the same sensation with 10-12kmh more than a 19' )
less acceleration
range is a bit more becouse of battery size

• Upvote 1

it would be very interresting to compare riding feeling on euc 22" (monster/abrams) vs 24" (monsterPro). 

Noone did it yet, or maybe You know some comparissions like this ?

Are here any riders who changed monster v3 for m.Pro? If yes maybe You write more about differences in comfort, steering, city riding, offroad....

5 hours ago, Nivel said:

So after I got used to my monster pro I tried my 16X, oh boy, it was a nightmare ;D, the wheel felt so wobblely and instable I just couldn't ride it anymore since my muscle memory precision was adapted to the Monster specs..

Sounds similar to when I tried riding my Z10 after the Sherman. I literally couldnt ride it. Bear in mind that I used to be very confident on the Z and could throw it around at will. But I might get on it once or twice a year now (its my daughters) and I simply cant ride it so I usually give up after a couple of minutes. Its amazing how differently EUC's ride. Its all do-able for sure, but the muscle memory really does stick. I really do give kudos to people like @Marty Backe who hop from one wheel to the next without seemingly even thinking about it. I would need at least a day to adjust. That said, my transition/adjustment from an MSX to the Sherman wasnt nearly as pronounced. We all know the Z is a really odd handling beast but even so, its almost like I had to learn how to ride all over again!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nivel said:

So after I got used to my monster pro I tried my 16X, oh boy, it was a nightmare

hop on an MTen! Fortunately, I don't have too many wheels yet (is there really any such thing as 'too many'?) so I get on all of them on a regular basis and the transition isn't too difficult, but it's absolutely an eye opener for the first few moments!

5 hours ago, Greg X said:

it would be very interresting to compare riding feeling on euc 22" (monster/abrams) vs 24" (monsterPro). 

Noone did it yet, or maybe You know some comparissions like this ?

Are here any riders who changed monster v3 for m.Pro? If yes maybe You write more about differences in comfort, steering, city riding, offroad....

I own and ride both the v3 and the pro regularly. What do you want to know about it?

Overall it's similar effects from stepping from a 20" to a 22" inch wheel. More stability, better at handling bumps, better at holding a line through a corner without having keep pushing on the inside pedal. Heavier, slower to accel/brake, more effort to accel/brake, more effort to initiate a turn, more of a workout than smaller wheels etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Planemo said:
8 hours ago, Nivel said:

So after I got used to my monster pro I tried my 16X, oh boy, it was a nightmare ;D, the wheel felt so wobblely and instable I just couldn't ride it anymore since my muscle memory precision was adapted to the Monster specs..

Sounds similar to when I tried riding my Z10 after the Sherman. I literally couldnt ride it. Bear in mind that I used to be very confident on the Z and could throw it around at will. But I might get on it once or twice a year now (its my daughters) and I simply cant ride it so I usually give up after a couple of minutes. Its amazing how differently EUC's ride. Its all do-able for sure, but the muscle memory really does stick. I really do give kudos to people like @Marty Backe who hop from one wheel to the next without seemingly even thinking about it. I would need at least a day to adjust. That said, my transition/adjustment from an MSX to the Sherman wasnt nearly as pronounced. We all know the Z is a really odd handling beast but even so, its almost like I had to learn how to ride all over again!

Same here. After being on the Mten3 for 30 minutes or so, I decided to get right the Monster V2. Even after being proficient on the Monster, the Mten3 ruined my reflexes for the Monster. Then I quickly tried the 16X and it felt more manageable, but it felt much more like the Monster.

I have noticed that if I ride only one wheel each day, they will feel natural and what I remember. That "reflex ruining" is a short term thing for me.

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

hop on an MTen! Fortunately, I don't have too many wheels yet (is there really any such thing as 'too many'?) so I get on all of them on a regular basis and the transition isn't too difficult, but it's absolutely an eye opener for the first few moments!

Nope. Well ... maybe, if there is no space to keep them. :wub:  It is like asking if a car has too much horsepower. As you say, "It depends"  ... on who you ask! :efee8319ab:

I noticed that you said "yet". :whistling:

• Like 1

i found nice photo monster v3 vs monsterPro

maxresdefault.jpg

-------------------------

14 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

I own and ride both the v3 and the pro regularly. What do you want to know about it?

Overall it's similar effects from stepping from a 20" to a 22" inch wheel. More stability, better at handling bumps, better at holding a line through a corner without having keep pushing on the inside pedal. Heavier, slower to accel/brake, more effort to accel/brake, more effort to initiate a turn, more of a workout than smaller wheels etc.

thanks for sharing. More plzzzz, its very interresting :clap3::clap3:, almost noone else own simultaneously both Monster 22" and MonsterPro 24" to compare it.

- how about light offroad (forrest or field hard tracks)? 

- there is very big difference in weight, 28kg vs 41kg, do You feel it while riding, turning, offroad? Maybe heavier wheel causes any difficulties, problems for You?

- How about passive tire "suspension" on road (small bumps), is there any difference between both models?

- How do You feel on both in the city, on small bicycle lanes or pavements between pedestrians, dont know if 24" is not too big for it

- is it possible to carry monsterPro up the stairs, f.e. 3rd floor? and how about carry it upstairs to the train or bus?

- which one do You like more and why?  which one is more comfortable?

- if You could own simultaneously only 1 euc, which one would You choose as a universal, multipurpose wheel, for long travels outside city, but also for city rides ?

- do You think upcoming premiere of monsterPro HT will be significant upgrade vs HS version? Is this motor modification desired in this model, in Your opinion?

Edited by Greg X

8 hours ago, Greg X said:

i found nice photo monster v3 vs monsterPro

maxresdefault.jpg

-------------------------

thanks for sharing. More plzzzz, its very interresting :clap3::clap3:, almost noone else own simultaneously both Monster 22" and MonsterPro 24" to compare it.

- how about light offroad (forrest or field hard tracks)? 

- there is very big difference in weight, 28kg vs 41kg, do You feel it while riding, turning, offroad? Maybe heavier wheel causes any difficulties, problems for You?

- How about passive tire "suspension" on road (small bumps), is there any difference between both models?

- How do You feel on both in the city, on small bicycle lanes or pavements between pedestrians, dont know if 24" is not too big for it

- is it possible to carry monsterPro up the stairs, f.e. 3rd floor? and how about carry it upstairs to the train or bus?

- which one do You like more and why?  which one is more comfortable?

- if You could own simultaneously only 1 euc, which one would You choose as a universal, multipurpose wheel, for long travels outside city, but also for city rides ?

- do You think upcoming premiere of monsterPro HT will be significant upgrade vs HS version? Is this motor modification desired in this model, in Your opinion?

I had the monster V3 for almost two years and have had the monster pro for two months. I have the Michelin tire on the monster pro now which has dramatically improved it over stock tire which was actually rather good anyway. 

-Monster pro light is brighter then monster V3 but the same garbage since it’s pointed so low it’s barely useable at night. 

-The weight is very noticeable. The monster V3 was just sluggish but weighed no different then my Nikola or MSX. When I had the Sherman for a year, I used the monster V3 so getting used to the Sherman weight was no big deal. It felt easy to adjust to it. But the monster pro is completely different. The weight and sheer size makes it very unnerving for first time users because it takes total effort and bracing the core to use it. But the weight gives it much more stability on the road. Offroad it’s more difficult to manage, especially with any hills.

-The stock tires felt fairly the same over bumps. Still had that basketball rebound effect. The weight though and hollow motor made it feel like I was on a cloud while the monster V3 did not have that feeling. In fact I thought the MSX felt more comfy then the monster V3. When I swapped to the Michelin tire the rebound stopped and bumps got softer and the monster pro REALLY felt like on a cloud and like I was on a motorcycle not a wheel.

-Compared to V3 I thought the V3 had more agility because of its much less weight and effort to turn it. So quicker reactions to things going on in the city. But the monster pro stock tire could also do 180’s on a dime and so was actually on par with the V3 in tight spaces. 

-Monster pro is heavy but doable up stairs. I’m pretty strong though. Wheels like the commander, Sherman and abram with no center handle are absolutely the WORST to carry upstairs. You have to use two hands, it’s too awkward with one and even with both hands it feels heavier then one handing the monster. 

-Monster pro is easily the better monster especially with Michelin pilot tire. Infinite feeling of power and range

-Nikola 2700wh. 16” is perfect size. Monster pro takes too long to brake to feel perfectly confident in the city like you can with a 16”

-If you want high torque why tf are you getting a monster? Stupid money grab attempt. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

That would make the mpro beep at 40mph instead of the 50mph now on more full battery. I kind of agree with begode --That would defeat the purpose of this wheel.

When you put that motorcycle tire on let me know what your monster beeps at. With my cut off test I lost about 1.5mph with the heavier Michelin tire. I also heard it beep at 48 ish mph today when before I hit 50 and heard no beeps on stock tire. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

I also heard it beep at 48 ish mph today when before I hit 50 and heard no beeps on stock tire. 

Obviously you are talking app speed not gps speed. There is quite a difference. 45 mph on the app is a 40 mph gps on my latest Pro. I’ll get an exact percentage difference this weekend.

3 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Obviously you are talking app speed not gps speed. There is quite a difference. 45 mph on the app is a 40 mph gps on my latest Pro. I’ll get an exact percentage difference this weekend.

Interesting mine is only 3mph off at 50mph

Edited by Darrell Wesh

Ok so I just got what I’m told is latest MP24 

just arrived from Gotway to my seller and shipped to me, green board new motor etc…

anyway Free spin 104km/h

and actual wheel speed Vs accurate not phone gps is off 9% 👎

anyway I can not set tiltback at any speed using either Darknessbot or the Begode app

what’s the deal, I’d really like to set tiltback 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trevor Phillips said:

Ok so I just got what I’m told is latest MP24 

just arrived from Gotway to my seller and shipped to me, green board new 

Green board? Did they decide to go back to a board that can't receive updates through the app, or are they just now using green solder mask again on their "black boards"?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Green board? Did they decide to go back to a board that can't receive updates through the app, or are they just now using green solder mask again on their "black boards"?

my mpro from ewheels came with a green board and is able to do firmware updates. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

my mpro from ewheels came with a green board and is able to do firmware updates. 

Interesting. You'd think after how much trouble they went through to develop new boards only refered to as "the black boards", they would keep them that way :P 

All of my wheels came with over zealous speed readings. My RS was the least out of range. At least EucWorld and Darknessbot have settings to correct speed and distance. The Begode app doesn't allow any speed corrections. I only use the Begode app for firmware updates for my Monster Pro and EX.N. I wish Gotway/Begode would have the firmware files for download and then we all could use either EucWorld or Darknessbot.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2/12/2022 at 2:03 AM, Mrd777 said:

Tested today, with the latest Pro available on a garmin gps , I got a difference of 11% ( everyone thinks they’re are going 50 + lol).

They know it but uncorrected it looks better for youtube and instagram

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

They know it but uncorrected it looks better for youtube and instagram

Darknessbot have speed correction

so you can subtract speed so it’s accurate 

or you can add it and be the boss and show off your 90km/h monster cruising down the road

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Phillips said:

Darknessbot have speed correction

Do Darknessbot has speed and distance correction separated like EUC World ?

my friend told me can correct the speed but not the distance, is it possible ?