5 hours ago, seage said:

Also question. I was checking the begode app earlier and saw that there were 3 options on the alarms setting. What is "open"?

"Open" means "off" - the two, low-speed alarms will be disabled.
Do it- they're at such low speeds that they're useless.

The overlean alarm (e.g. ~42mph on MP24) cannot be disabled, so don't worry about pressing the wrong button in the app. 
Lift-spin your EUC to test the alarm. 

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/4258-gotway-alarm-beep-codes/

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

"Open" means "off" - the two, low-speed alarms will be disabled.
Do it- they're at such low speeds that they're useless.

The overlean alarm (e.g. ~42mph on MP24) cannot be disabled, so don't worry about pressing the wrong button in the app. 
Lift-spin your EUC to test the alarm. 

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/4258-gotway-alarm-beep-codes/

Oh word. Thanks. I wasn't sure because I'd had it set to disable first and second alarms in euc world, yet begodes app was showing me something different. Every wheel (moba) is so different. I'll do a lift test again to check once I change that. 

I'm always so paranoid when I get a new wheel, trying to learn their dynamics. Especially coming from the V3 in soft mode to the pro in soft mode. Their ride dynamics are different. It feels like consecutive bumps make the pedals tilt back instead of forwards like they used to. But it scares me because I attribute tilt back with warnings. Just little things like that that throw me.

When I was riding in hard, the wheel was constantly correcting itself as my body bounced, as it seemed to accelerate with every bounce (due to my body weight over the front). But it also scared me because you hit bumpy road and the wheel is responding to every single tiny input and you feel like you're on an extremely twitchy bull lmao.  

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 12:40 PM, seage said:

How did you even find the speed guardian? Every time I've looked into it, it's been out of stock. I was kinda under the assumption they hadn't made any new units this past year. 

I'm struggling with beeps currently. Wind noise is too loud to hear that quiet beeper, and euc world seems to trigger the "use wheels alarms" before the wheels actual alarms and I have no idea why.

Also question. I was checking the begode app earlier and saw that there were 3 options on the alarms setting. What is "open"?

My friend was in contact with Killian Elson (owner of eucspeedguardian.com) He bought the 1st version when it first came out. Then we ordered as group he told us he was making a new version and we can try it 1st prior to public release. Then he got busy with his day job. I can never ride fast without the speed guardian. I can focus on the road without looking or thinking what speed I'm on. 

Your other option is have a small or portable speaker attached to your chest and connect to euc world app. Just make sure you turn ON the alarm on the app.

I closed all alarms in euc world and begode app. 

I would not hesitate to purchase. I put a Vee Rubber VRM 054 tire on mine. I go through trails and wet grass along with normal street riding. I wanted a little better grip. The stock tire is too thin. The roads and bike paths around here have a lot of tire wrecking debris. Mine has the smaller bearings. I'm to lazy to repack the grease. So far after 7 months of riding in wet conditions no problems. I routinely open the outer panels and inspect everything. So far no water intrusion. It rains a lot around here.

The ride stability is great. The torque comes in after about 10 miles an hour. It pulls similar to my RS high speed. I've gotten the Monster Pro a little past 40mph with no beeps. I weigh around 240 pounds. My EucWorld is calibrated to actual speed. I commute with it and I have some stairs to deal with. I leave the wheel powered and guide it up or down the stairs. It takes a little practice to not spin out on wet stairs.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 1:23 AM, Unipilot69 said:

I put a Vee Rubber VRM 054 tire on mine monsterPro.

The ride stability is great. The torque comes in after about 10 miles an hour. It pulls similar to my RS high speed. 

woooow, 3.5inch tire fits to monsterPro???? Not too wide???

Give us some photos how it looks with so wide tire, how much distance from the edges of the housing... Do you have sometimes some rubbing the tire against the housing?

Could someone measure the width of the opening in the housing of this euc?

Edited by Greg X

9 hours ago, Greg X said:

woooow, 3.5inch tire fits to monsterPro???? Not too wide???

Give us some photos how it looks with so wide tire, how much distance from the edges of the housing... Do you have sometimes some rubbing the tire against the housing?

Could someone measure the width of the opening in the housing of this euc?

Monster pro tire easily fits 3.5 inches wide. Even stock is over 3 inches. 

Edited by Darrell Wesh

any news about M.Pro successor, or version2 of this model? 2023 maybe?

M.Pro is already 2 years old, good time for upgrade.

What You would like to see in version2?

My suggestions:

- samsung 50e cells

- HT motor

- better cooling

- strong tail light instead of (useless) speakers

- better bearings sealing (similiar to s22)

- 4xled frontlight, arranged 2+2 like in v12

- stronger and better sealed trolley

- higher seat

Edited by Greg X
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

@Greg X

134v with a c38 motor is just about all I’d need to by one new. Big huge tire needs more force to accelerate and brake —it boggles my mind Gotway picked to only use the c30 motor despite having c38’s readily on hand. It’s not even an option to swap out like on all their other wheels!

The rest they can keep the same, I’d still buy one. Range is fine. Construction is lacking, but decent enough for those who don’t crash regularly.

The small bearings they switched to seem to be doing just fine in regards to longevity/durability, no changes needed there. Haven’t heard of them rusting over either, not like anyone should be splashing around with these anyway.

Once you get rid of the black box cover, overheating wasn’t ever an issue for me personally. I could get it to overheat but I’d have to be hauling ass up the mountain road I have here, 3500 ft of elevation in a 10 mile climb. This will never be the best hill climbing wheel due to physics of a 24” tire vs a 20” and that’s totally okay.

A welcomed change could be a similar top piece like on the Master. Better trolley, an integrated seat, a nice display. I would love to see that!

I only hope that the weight doesn’t exceed 100 lbs. Thats about the max I want handle and throw around in 

Yes!!!  I'm sitting here wondering if I should try to get a Master or S22.  Your post helped me realize what I really want is a 134v Monster Pro.  I was gonna hold out and wait for the Inmotion V13, but Ive changed my mind..... Im holding out for the 134v monster pro.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wstuart said:

Yes!!!  I'm sitting here wondering if I should try to get a Master or S22.  Your post helped me realize what I really want is a 134v Monster Pro.  I was gonna hold out and wait for the Inmotion V13, but Ive changed my mind..... Im holding out for the 134v monster pro.

You may have to hang out for a long while. I went through a phase of trying literally every wheel under the sun, and now I realize I've just got to chill until what I want in my head exists in real life. It's going to feel like forever.. but there's a good chance eventually it'll be a thing. Monsters and the even the current monster pro have always been the sleeper wheel. Anyone who has one loves it, and is more likely to spend their time riding it, rather than reviewing it on youtube or forums, ha. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Denny Paul said:

You may have to hang out for a long while. I went through a phase of trying literally every wheel under the sun, and now I realize I've just got to chill until what I want in my head exists in real life. It's going to feel like forever.. but there's a good chance eventually it'll be a thing. Monsters and the even the current monster pro have always been the sleeper wheel. Anyone who has one loves it, and is more likely to spend their time riding it, rather than reviewing it on youtube or forums, ha. 

Wait, so do you have an idea in your head of what you would want?  Suspension?  High torque?  Battery capacity?

27 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Wait, so do you have an idea in your head of what you would want?  Suspension?  High torque?  Battery capacity?

basically what i listed out initially above.

Suspension - not necessary. And definitely not wanted if it's like the v11 or s18. I hear the master is a step in the right direction, but I'd want about 3 or 4 iterations to go by before I start pushing passed my comfort zone of 45mph max top speed. EUCs that are starting to tread on motorcycle levels of speed need to have similarly quality parts or that's asking for trouble.

In fact, there's a few systemic upgrades I'd also want before that ceiling is lifted. Redundancy in components, so a failure of any given component doesn't end up in as an immediate faceplant. Additionally, a way to see how fast you're going without having to hold your phone up to you face (thinking apple glasses with darknessbot may be the first realistic implementation, long time till that's out). Also, would provide a way to see/hear warnings without relying on a freaking beeper, or taking your eyes off the road with a display that's between your legs.

But that's all in the distant future, if it's even going to happen. For now, if they make a 134v monster pro with good torque that can comfortably cruise at 40mph and I'll be set. No other amenities required. 

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

For my size I prefer the larger wheel. I'm a little over 110 kilograms and 1.9 meters tall. The larger wheel diameter makes higher speed riding feel more stable. The monster pro feels like a bus and the ex.n feels like a car.

I take the monster pro off road as well. It's different. There is very little torque at slow speeds. After 15kph I can get good torque out of it. Similar to my RS high speed.

For lighter riders it will need more effort for maneuvering but doable. If you plan on long distance this will be a great choice. It's still jarring over large bumps and holes in the road but a lot better than the smaller non suspension wheels.

• Upvote 1

On 6/21/2022 at 12:45 AM, Greg X said:

I think we have big chance for Monster 134v, Begode wants upgrade all his wheels into this technology. Probably next year.

It would be great to see Begode unveil the Monster of 24-inch wheel with upgraded 134V. I would like to buy, too.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 4:59 AM, Marty Backe said:

After a few years you'll get used to it :D

never :D

it turns out the daughter board is stm32 based, just like the main board, with it's own firmware etc. 

Spoiler

anoyone knows if (or when)  Begode plans to...... cancel MonsterPro, after introducing his successor - MasterPro? 

They both long range cruisers, same niche and same clients for both. MasterPro has better specs in many aspetcs, so production of MonsterPro will cease to be profitable.

Edited by Greg X

2 hours ago, Greg X said:

anoyone knows if (or when)  Begode plans to...... cancel MonsterPro, after introducing his successor - MasterPro? 

They both long range cruisers, same niche and same clients for both. MasterPro has better specs in many aspetcs, so production of MonsterPro will cease to be profitable.

While the master pro 22” is very close to the monster pro 24” it’s still no monster.

while they are similar it’s not actually the next version of monster. So expect the monster pro to still be very much a stand alone model that hasn’t yet been made obsolete by a new iteration. 

21 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

While the master pro 22” is very close to the monster pro 24” it’s still no monster.

while they are similar it’s not actually the next version of monster. So expect the monster pro to still be very much a stand alone model that hasn’t yet been made obsolete by a new iteration. 

This was posted on the EUCO website.   

image.thumb.png.03ddc2c9637bfaca87e7ef5bc098db87.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1