1 hour ago, Unipilot69 said:

Looks like Begode switched the monster pro to the smaller bearings. These bearings appear to be appropriate for outside use. I didn't pop the seal to check the grease. I don't have a stand for my monster pro. I had one printed but the damn thing crushed it within 2 minutes. I use the stands to level the pedal hangars. The 6012 RS bearings cost about $40.00 a piece. I will probably run these as is and see what happens. I put a vee rubber vrm 054 tire on it. I was going to go tubeless but none of my valve stems seem to fit. I'll deal with it later. The tubes are a pain in the ass. I was able to mount it bare handed with the last few millimeters of bead I used my bicycle tire levers.

is the motor labeled "C30" ? it looks much smaller than the original. also curious if the shell has changed or not

• Like 1

These bearings are the perfect size! No axle, and (theoetically) space for bigger motor wiring, easy and robust way to connect the pedal hangers. What's not to love! (if they work).

3 hours ago, Doug Hnut said:

is the motor labeled "C30" ? it looks much smaller than the original. also curious if the shell has changed or not

Good find! The motor looks indeed smaller!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Is it not just cos the outer diameter of the Monster wheel is so freaking huge?

I really am not sure.

Here's a picture from an RS disassembly video. The pedal hangers don't even reach the motor cover on this "16 inch motor".

1.thumb.jpg.666d0b791e6082375100653a3199ee63.jpg

Compare this to the picture posted by @Unipilot69 above:

PXL_20211010_230122362.thumb.jpg.cc1c984

Even if we allow for longer pedal hangers on the Monster Pro, it still seems the motor cover is the same size, as opposed to bigger on the original "18 inch" EX/MPro motor.

But again, I'm not sure. Maybe it is the C40 motor that just looks small. Maybe not.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

The Euc world has been corrected to match actual speed. I put the Vee Rubber VRM 054 tire on and calibrated the speedometer. There's a radar " your speed" sign about a mile from my house. It's accurate. I've calibrated my Jeep using it. I've check my Jeep on the open road using GPS and it all matches up. The Euc world correction was -12.

• Like 3

The 51.7 no load speed is correct. This is the corrected values on Euc World. The 97 kph on the Begode app was also no load speed. I haven't attempted a firmware update yet. The pedals undulate briefly climbing through the high 20's mph. I thought it was just the road but I've tried it on several different paths and streets. It's consistent. I did ride 16 miles on the stock tire and the undulations were the same. If you want I can reset Euc World to default and see what values it comes up with.

• Like 1

The original tire is the same as the earlier production. It rode fine on the pavement but it's to thin for all of the debris that I seem to find everywhere. The Vrm054 is a 4 ply and the original was 2ply. I also ride dirt paths and wet grass. The original slick doesn't feel very good on wet grass.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Doug Hnut said:

The covers had nothing on them. My RS had a serial number stamped on the cover along with the type" C30". The spokes look stronger than the previous production models. It wouldn't surprise me that it's a C30 motor. If Begode is in fact has gone this route it would be desirable to offer a C38 torque version.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Unipilot69 said:

The covers had nothing on them. My RS had a serial number stamped on the cover along with the type" C30". The spokes look stronger than the previous production models. It wouldn't surprise me that it's a C30 motor. If Begode is in fact has gone this route it would be desirable to offer a C38 torque version.

Thanks for all this information, very curious if you know the production date on your Pro?  Ive been in touch with Begode and I thought that there was a serious component shortage for the Pro's and production resumed two weeks ago (hopefully)  I m curious where you got yours and if it's the "new" updated model.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

i was searching for that, 40kg that's a sweeet news !

don't know why they use a c30 and not a c38, considering the speed of the m24pro this is probably a c30 magnet motor with the kv of the 38 version