GotWay alarm beep codes

1;一级速度报警:每秒2声,first speed alarm,2 beep per second

2:二级速度报警:每秒3声,second speed alarm,3 beep per second

3:80%功率:秒5把(连续)   80% power alarm,5 beep per second(continuously)

4:低压7.2km/h时速内,二秒一声,less than 7.2km/h,low voltage,1 beep 2 seconds

5:低压14.4km/h时速内,二秒两声,less than 14.4km/h,low voltage,2 beep  2 seconds

6:低压14.4km/h时以上,二秒三声,more than 14.4km/h,low voltage,3 beep 2 seconds

7:电机霍尔问题,半秒两声 hall sensor defect,2 beep 1 second half

8:PCB高温报警:2秒两短声,PCB high temperature alarm,2 short beep 2 seconds

9:极低压开机,秒一声共五声 extreme low voltage power on,1 beep 1 second,totally 5 beep

10:倒下,1秒一声,共五声 fall down,1 beep 1 second,totally 5 beep

11:超压,两秒3短声 over voltage,3 short beep 2 second

3 hours ago, Jane Mo said:

1;一级速度报警:每秒2声,first speed alarm,2 beep per second

2:二级速度报警:每秒3声,second speed alarm,3 beep per second

3:80%功率:秒5把(连续)   80% power alarm,5 beep per second(continuously)

4:低压7.2km/h时速内,二秒一声,less than 7.2km/h,low voltage,1 beep 2 seconds

5:低压14.4km/h时速内,二秒两声,less than 14.4km/h,low voltage,2 beep  2 seconds

6:低压14.4km/h时以上,二秒三声,more than 14.4km/h,low voltage,3 beep 2 seconds

7:电机霍尔问题,半秒两声 hall sensor defect,2 beep 1 second half

8:PCB高温报警:2秒两短声,PCB high temperature alarm,2 short beep 2 seconds

9:极低压开机,秒一声共五声 extreme low voltage power on,1 beep 1 second,totally 5 beep

10:倒下,1秒一声,共五声 fall down,1 beep 1 second,totally 5 beep

11:超压,两秒3短声 over voltage,3 short beep 2 second

That's good to know. The tilt back is missing at least at 11). I need to put it on my notes App on my iPhone. And there's the problem. I need to note it down. Why not posting a clear voice message to the user? 

First time I encountered over charge protection/ warning (rolling down hill for 200-300m with a fully charged battery) I got frustrated. Wasn't sure if it's overcharge or still problem with my replaced battery/ charging port. I was on a start to a weekend trip in France and wasn't sure if I should really start or getting problems on the trip. A clear message in this moment would have cleared the situation.

that's what I encountered (additions with tilt back):

1 first speed alarm,2 beep per second 

2 second speed alarm,3 beep per second 

x third speed alarm,...

3 80% power alarm,5 beep per second(continuously) 

4 less than 7.2km/h,low voltage,1 beep 2 seconds 

5 less than 14.4km/h,low voltage,2 beep  2 seconds 

6 more than 14.4km/h,low voltage,3 beep 2 seconds 

7 hall sensor defect,2 beep 1 second half 

8 PCB high temperature alarm,2 short beep 2 seconds, tilt back to get rider off the EUC, tilting back and forward after stopped 

9 extreme low voltage power on,1 beep 1 second,totally 5 beep 

10 fall down,1 beep 1 second,totally 5 beep 

11 over voltage,3 short beep 2 second, tilt back when riding downhill

@Jane Mo regarding case 8. I would like to hear recomondation from Gotway.

As it appeared last (first) time I switched it off to cool down.

My explanation/ thoughts:

The MSuper has no active cooling with a fan like most EUCs As I've realised how hot the power lines of the motor can become it generates load/ heat also on the MOSFETs if standing with no real movement. The phases in scope getting voltage via the MOSFET . Not switching off will rise the temperature or keep it longer in very high areas. 

As I got a business call in this moment on my phone I had enough time to let the main board cool down. The downhill track after showed no problem. Would be nice to see some "health check" on an Apple Watch ;)

Keep it switched on or switch it off?

21 hours ago, OliverH said:

The MSuper has no active cooling with a fan like most EUCs As I've realised how hot the power lines of the motor can become it generates load/ heat also on the MOSFETs if standing with no real movement. The phases in scope getting voltage via the MOSFET . Not switching off will rise the temperature or keep it longer in very high areas. 

As I got a business call in this moment on my phone I had enough time to let the main board cool down. The downhill track after showed no problem. Would be nice to see some "health check" on an Apple Watch ;)

Thank you for your feedback. As a matter of fact, just standing there on the ground requires little to no power from the board. The way EUCs work, is to constantly correct errors, keep the unit balanced. So if you are trying to stand still on a ramp, that will require a lot of torque from the motor, hence a lot of current, therefore the board will heat up. However, keep still on a flat surface requires not. Going downhill requires no extra power neither, but it's a different story for another time.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sunToxx said:

Would be great if there were .wav files for each point. Stuff like "2 beep 1 second half" and some others are not quite clear to me. A voice output would really be quite neat on the eucs.

The problem is that for a lot of these alarms you can barely hear them when you're moving. You'd never be able to hear a voice.

I was getting the 3rd alarm on my MSuper this weekend as I was cruising ~22mph into a head wind. I never heard it. It's only when I was viewing some footage taken with my GoPro (which was low to the ground close to the wheel) that I realized the 3rd alarm was sounding.

I do think an improvement could be louder audio to overcome wind noises. Perhaps with a volume comtrol via the app.

On 2016/10/17 at 2:31 AM, Roll Model said:

(Please ignore the empty ref above, I just cannot reply this thread without it)

The beeper of Gotway is already very large and the sound is loud. The problems is it is confined to a thick-walled cabinet. I once made a ventilation hole for added fan on my V2 close to the beeper, then the beep is much louder than before.

@zlymax Do you have any pics of how the ventilation looks and/or a build log? 

@Marty A solution to not hearing a voice used for warnings could be to also have the Gotway app play them. So you could put one earphone into one of your ears and get any updates needed. The app would need to announce if the Bluetooth connection gets lost. It could also announce your speed every time your spees raises by one kmh once your surpass a certain speed and/or say how much of the eucs potential you are currently using,  so you know how much headroom you got. 

As the updates would need to be quite fast, you could have 2 different voices for announcing a number, eg a lower one for saying the first part slowly (eg 10, 20, 30 etc), and a second higher pitched voice saying the second part really fast and repeating it really fast (1,2,3,4 etc). The threshold at which you get spammed with this, you can set yourself (eg starting at 30 kmh). 

On 6/12/2016 at 2:22 AM, OliverH said:

Are you there for saying that every time somebody stops me and wants to ask what I am riding that I should switch off my MSuper, especially in the Florida heat rather than just sit there and leave it on?

Thanks, as always, for the help

10 minutes ago, zlymex said:

Yes, I have a dedicated thread on one of the Chinese EUC forums with a lot of photos: http://www.dl-car.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=55131

Let me know if you cannot access it or cannot view the photos.

I just see a log in page with all Chinese characters.  No way to view without an account?  Do we need to show China ID card or some China mobile number to register?

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The problem is that for a lot of these alarms you can barely hear them when you're moving. You'd never be able to hear a voice.

I was getting the 3rd alarm on my MSuper this weekend as I was cruising ~22mph into a head wind. I never heard it. It's only when I was viewing some footage taken with my GoPro (which was low to the ground close to the wheel) that I realized the 3rd alarm was sounding.

I do think an improvement could be louder audio to overcome wind noises. Perhaps with a volume comtrol via the app.

One of the interesting things about the ninebot app for the miniPRO is that every time you get an alarm. It also vibrates your phone and it is a pretty finally feeling that I do notice even at speed. Of course wind buffeting can have a lot to do with whether or not you to be able to pick up on something like that but I'm wondering if the application could give that same HAPTIC RESPONSE, as well?

2 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

What city in China are you in and why is your English so good?

Thanks, I visited some English speaking countries for bushiness before including UK, USA, Canada and India.

I'm in Dalian, south tip of the northeast China.

4 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

One of the interesting things about the ninebot app for the miniPRO is that every time you get an alarm. It also vibrates your phone and it is a pretty finally feeling that I do notice even at speed. Of course wind buffeting can have a lot to do with whether or not you to be able to pick up on something like that but I'm wondering if the application could give that same HAPTIC RESPONSE, as well?

As mentioned in another thread, the Pebble watch / WheelLog app combination allows you to configure the watch to vibrate at particular speeds & battery levels (for the Gotway & Kingsong wheels).

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

As mentioned in another thread, the Pebble watch / WheelLog app combination allows you to configure the watch to vibrate at particular speeds & battery levels (for the Gotway & Kingsong wheels).

Can you actually feel the vibration from the watch?

As I mentioned to you privately, I was trying on that new pair of wrist guards and they were so very uncomfortable and I'm going to try a bigger size... Of course if you are wearing them, there is no way to put a watch over them. I suppose that is the reason people will wear knee guards and elbow guards and a helmet, but not wrist guards, which of course can be the most important. 

@zlymax Thanks for the link. It does not look that easy unfortunately. Soldering the mainboard is not something I would do.

The foto where you got your arms in the air reminds me of a youtube clip i saw a while ago, where a guy was cruising around a villa with his new wheel, including in "superman stance". The surroundings look quite similar.

3 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

Can you actually feel the vibration from the watch?

As I mentioned to you privately, I was trying on that new pair of wrist guards and they were so very uncomfortable and I'm going to try a bigger size... Of course if you are wearing them, there is no way to put a watch over them. I suppose that is the reason people will wear knee guards and elbow guards and a helmet, but not wrist guards, which of course can be the most important. 

Yes, the vibration is impossible to ignore - very effective.

I still don't wear wrist guards, but I do wear gloves. Actually on my right hand instead of a glove I wear a wrist stabalizer to prevent further stress on a hand stress injury that I'm still recovering from. I'm sure it's not as effective as a wrist guard, but it does have stiffeners that prevent the hand/wrist from bending a lot. I may get another one for my left hand.

https://amzn.com/B004YIFA2C

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I still don't wear wrist guards, but I do wear gloves. Actually on my right hand instead of a glove I wear a wrist stabalizer to prevent further stress on a hand stress injury that I'm still recovering from. I'm sure it's not as effective as a wrist guard, but it does have stiffeners that prevent the hand/wrist from bending a lot. I may get another one for my left hand.

thanks for that info

and that link

appreciate BOTH

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Guess that means we all have to ask ourselves what is more important to us safety-wise, to protect wrists or to feel / hear the alarms.

Personally I'm going to go with the watch alarm too. I've not seen a new Gotway crash yet with no alarms going off. I think its more important to prevent a failure in the first place by listening to what the wheel saying.

Be interested to see what everyone else's opinion of this is.

I'm surprised people are struggling to hear the beeps. On the V3 I can clearly hear them, even with a fully enclosed moto helmet on, even on windy beach fronts. Perhaps the helmet takes the wind out of the equation making them easier to hear ? Pedestrians always seem to hear the horn beep from the app as well.

I don't feel I need any sort of watch-based warning as I have a helpful arm-band phone holder so can watch my speed in the gotway app (such as it is!) as I go along, and my warning beep is always available while my hands are still free the rest of the time.

As someone who has fallen off wheels both with and without wrist guards I can honestly say I will never ride without them again, so it is lucky for me that I can hear the beeps.

Some people are older and have been to one too many Def Leppard / Ozzy Ozbourne concerts.  Just sayin'.:innocent1:  Also, the older you get the more difficult higher tones are to hear.  Maybe a foot pedal vibrator might be a future feature.   "Yeah baby, the lights are cool hey?  It also vibrates at higher speeds!"

)a640913ce2f2390dbcd6b847fe1c4d46cdc066bb

#hearingaids - time to get some.  Don't be :pooping: about it.

Archived