Gotway Suspension

But I have to admit their suspension compromise is clever (or maybe just cheap and simple?). The entire shell is suspended like on the S18, but the build is more straightforward like on the V11.

I wonder if any of these three options will turn out to be superior, or if it doesn't really matter.

4 hours ago, fbhb said:

The second photo makes it hard to distinguish what the wheel actually looks like and what is going on along the top edge with what looks to be the power button, possibly a display in front of it!  I personally would not be a fan of the added width/girth it appears to have grown to either, definitely not a wheel for me sorry! 

Power button on top of the wheel ? 

So much for waterproofness...

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Another gotway suspension clip , the pedals seem really high and the rebound looks a little harsh, i know it's only in the making but thought I'd just say

With a little less pressure on the shock it could be just fine. They might have a good product here. Can’t wait for more videos and specs!

• Like 1

I have ridden Kingong S18 and my key factor of the suspension is the added safety - so that on the unnoticed bump you are not going to be thrown away  from the wheel. This standard boxy design allows to the fit bigger battery and if Gotway offers at least 1,800 Wh I will buy it for sure. S18 looks nice, but with only 3 cells i parallel I have  serious worries how it will perform in winter - cutout due to not enough current is likely to happen  on the  S18 in my opinion 

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 4:38 AM, Lukasz said:

I have ridden Kingong S18 and my key factor of the suspension is the added safety - so that on the unnoticed bump you are not going to be thrown away  from the wheel. This standard boxy design allows to the fit bigger battery and if Gotway offers at least 1,800 Wh I will buy it for sure. S18 looks nice, but with only 3 cells i parallel I have  serious worries how it will perform in winter - cutout due to not enough current is likely to happen  on the  S18 in my opinion 

you get thrown from the wheel because you are overleaning in your best superman impersonation.

until the suspensions are independent (per pedal), I don't see much of a point to it. My knees provide on the fly independent suspension stiffness/softness. The exact weight/reduced speed/range + additional areas of failure doesn't seem justified at this current stage of development.

6 hours ago, chulander said:

until the suspensions are independent (per pedal), I don't see much of a point to it.

You do know there's only one wheel, right?

Or do you mean that the suspension should at all times level left and right? Wouldn't that affect your turning-ability?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I dont see the logic behind this? Any bump you hit will simultaneously affect both legs, not like a vehicle with more than one wheel hitting the bump at different times. Am I missing something?

because I don't ride the wheel upright in a 12 o'clock orientation young grasshopper. 

31 minutes ago, Maartenv said:

You do know there's only one wheel, right?

Or do you mean that the suspension should at all times level left and right? Wouldn't that affect your turning-ability?

You do know that you have TWO legs right?

I do not want or need both pedals to compress at the same time.

I apply pressure to only 1 pedal with the wheel in an X orientation, hence moving the wheel side-to-side  to accelerate.. 

Yes, there' is another way to ride an EUC

Here's a short video demo after spending months learning from @houseofjob

image.png

• Like 1

@chulander LOL, dude stop pulling me into conversations I know has no point, guys too stubborn on here to listen!

Suspension guys want their suspension cuz they don't realize and utilize the fact that their body has 5 potential areas of shock absorption, just wanna stay glued to the pedals and let the wheel do everything, so let them have their wish!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47bd00588e1cb64fbe2d

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@chulander LOL, dude stop pulling me into conversations I know has no point, guys too stubborn on here to listen!

Suspension guys want their suspension cuz they don't realize and utilize the fact that their body has 5 potential areas of shock absorption, just wanna stay glued to the pedals and let the wheel do everything, so let them have their wish!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47bd00588e1cb64fbe2d

Just generating buzz and motivation

27 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

I ride fast and aggressive in paved mountain terrain where standing is preferred, but getting to the mountains can sometimes require long straight riding where seated gets you better milage. I think suspension could be nice for seated long rides. I might even lock-out the suspension once I get into the mountains if I don't get the right feedback.

I recently got an MSP and it came with a newer and more stiff seat made of foam. I also have an old MSX seat with older softer foam. The difference in ride experience over rough pavement is very noticeable when seated and I think it would be even better with suspension.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I ride fast and aggressive in paved mountain terrain where standing is preferred, but getting to the mountains can sometimes require long straight riding where seated gets you better milage. I think suspension could be nice for seated long rides. I might even lock-out the suspension once I get into the mountains if I don't get the right feedback.

I recently got an MSP and it came with a newer and more stiff seat made of foam. I also have an old MSX seat with older softer foam. The difference in ride experience over rough pavement is very noticeable when seated and I think it would be even better with suspension.

agreed on that. seated riding and suspensions makes a lot of sense since your weight is on top of the shell instead.

standing tho, the current implementations doesn't warrant the tradeoff (weight, additional point of failure, less room for batteries etc).

as much as I prefer seated riding over standing, a simpler machine with less weight seems like a better option atm

16 minutes ago, Dancer said:

I can see benefits in combining suspension with a hollow shaft motor.

I saw that the new monster pro has some hollow shaft motor which I have no idea what that really means. Do you have a quick TLDR explanation or a good link?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Ah, I forgot to put a disclaimer that I'm talking for non-offroad (which is my predominant use case).

Of course, offroad, suspension makes perfect sense, but many cases here are guys who never offroad but think suspension will magically get you out of troubles with potholes in the city, to which I don't agree.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

guys too stubborn on here to listen!

:confused1: :eff04a58a6:

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Ah, I forgot to put a disclaimer that I'm talking for non-offroad (which is my predominant use case).

Of course, offroad, suspension makes perfect sense, but many cases here are guys who never offroad but think suspension will magically get you out of troubles with potholes in the city, to which I don't agree.

Fortunately I read on first. I was going to ask you what kind of pills you just popped? :efefc8626c: :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

Just now, buell47 said:

Fortunately I read on first. I was going to ask you what kind of pills you just popped? :efefc8626c: :efee612b4b:

Yeah, I keep forgetting the offroad thing cuz I have zero interest in it.

Individually suspended pedals would be like standing on a shaking bed that only has a one post(/pole/leg) underneath, while the current designs are like... just riding on a road with smaller bumps.

Which one is more stable and controlled?