7 minutes ago, Will R said:

@Lukasz do you have an idea of battery capacity, motor wattage or release date?

not exactly yet, battery at least will be 1800wh 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what a motor...

Holy smokes that's a motor (EX on left, MSP[?] on right) Also, the trolley handle actually looks pretty decent! I like the placement of what appears to be a voltmeter, too. They

Do you know anything? Or is this speculation? Pure speculation from me here: Not sure if Gotway have a suspension coming soon. I secretly believe Gotway is the best manufacturer as far

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Will R said:

@Lukasz do you have an idea of battery capacity, motor wattage or release date?

Looks like a new motor, 15 inch rim without spokes?

What a fake video, the tire with around 20 psi did 80% of the suspension job and just 20% the suspension. :eff04a58a6: 

Posted (edited)

Question - did the wheel go up multiple steps and then pop (pre-load) off of the top step and not not bottom out? If so then more air pressure in the tire should equal faster acceleration up the stairs and a higher jump... I can't complain about that (IMHO).

Edited by gon2fast
user error

No lights, trolley handle or cut off solution... hopefully still time to refine the styling too, lol

msuspension.PNG

4 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

No lights, trolley handle or cut off solution... hopefully still time to refine the styling too, lol

msuspension.PNG

Then suspension posts look thin 😬

14 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

msuspension.PNG

Those sidepad extensions... Seems they haven’t had the half a second it would’ve taken to realize the angle of the shin when accelerating against them. Sounds like GW alright. :facepalm:

On 7/6/2020 at 10:59 AM, Lukasz said:

new pic

IMG_20200706_092234_028.jpg

I may be one of the few that actually like the design of the MS range. I particularly like the angles around the rear light area. I can understand GotWay wanting to honour their most successful wheel within these new designs, however it’s like they’ve kept all the worst features.

These two remind me of when car designers started rounding out corners back in the 90’s. They all started to look like bubbles (Vauxhall Corsa). No longer the retro angular boxes from previous years and light years away from the more futuristic designs from the last decade.

The interim period that had no style. Sad times. I hope they scrap these designs altogether. If they don’t I’ll just have to pull my visor down when riding past the middle aged men in Lycra out of embarrassment.

Then I will raise my visor and continue to enjoy the awesome wheels they are likely to be. Beauty is on the inside... but I’d appreciate something that looks badass as much as the next guy/gal.

Side pads to throw away  and to add custom ones with proper angles and padding,  the same with pedals just replace into nylon - no problem to do. Worse issue is that trolley handle is not visible...

13 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Those sidepad extensions... Seems they haven’t had the half a second it would’ve taken to realize the angle of the shin when accelerating against them. Sounds like GW alright. :facepalm:

Thanks, finally someone said it. :cheers:

I wondered at first sight whether only I could see that, but I didn't want to blaspheme just because I was doing better. :whistling:

Posted (edited)

The lack of angle on the front wedge was one of the first things I noticed, too. There is a lot of oversight in their designs. Useless fenders (or complete lack thereof), adding weather seals in one area but leaving more important areas wide open to water ingress, square seats, in-set pedals on the Nikola... I fear breaking the lift switches on the Monster and Nikola, the way those little tactile switches can end up taking nearly the full weight of the EUC if you don't lift in the right way... That's GotWay for you 🤷‍♂️. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the mechanical engineers and electrical engineers don't even talk until after boards and molds are made, and then they have to figure out how the heck the board will mount and where the wires will run.

It'll be too bad if there's no lift switch or trolley handle. Not the end of the world, but the convenience really is nice to have. I manage with the Monster, but it makes it annoying when I want to run errands on the way home, like stopping by the grocery store, etc. I'm curious how their suspension response will feel. I'm not sure it has a negative chamber to make it more supple. By the harshness of the rebound in the videos, I'm guessing this unit doesn't have rebound adjustment either. Still, looks like it works, ha. If I had to guess from the pictures and videos I've seen, it looks like the inner rod is the air piston, and the outer one is probably for added strength/rigidity. It will be really interesting when we get to see more of the inner workings!
GotWaySuspension.thumb.jpg.447ef323c2e4ac71d036723eec2adfd2.jpg

Edited by redfoxdude
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, redfoxdude said:

GotWaySuspension.thumb.jpg.447ef323c2e4ac71d036723eec2adfd2.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks this attempt by GotWay at suspension looks very suspect from a safety point of view?  How smoothly will that spindly, thin diameter, dual column slider operate after it hits a rock/curb and gets bent out of shape. It already looks like it has a small knock or two on the edge closest to camera! One good slam into something solid and you are back to riding a non-suspended/jammed up wheel again! Looks dangerous if that were to happen IMHO. 

Ask anyone who rides the current MSX/MSP why it is such a great off-road wheel and they will tell you one of it's main strengths is the massive ground clearance from the high pedals! Suspension lends itself to off-road use, but not when you will loose this huge amount of clearance due to moving parts protruding where you don't want them protruding!!!  All the moving parts on a wheel should be contained within the body of the machine, not causing a dangerous risk factor as it does here!

Edited by fbhb

Given Gotway’s record of build quality, it would be surprising if their first release suspension system won’t fail. Maybe some riders will 3D print their own suspension system. My guess is this hybrid suspension between full body (S18) and pedal only (V11) is the worst of both worlds. The tradeoffs being pure suspension performance vs stability and reliability.

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I don't like that thing sticking out at the bottom. That's going to scrape and possibly bend, isn't it?

I must admit I'm not keen on that either. One gets a 'feel' for where the bottom of the pedals are after riding for some time, primarily because its not much further than the bottom of your feet. Adding suspension in itself complicates matters because your reference is now constantly varying, but adding a big lump of metal even further below that would make me very nervous about off-roading. You're gonna have to be really careful about pedal/chassis strikes and for me that would take part of the fun away. Ironically, having no suspension when off-roading affords the best chance of not getting pedal strikes. I appreciate that the S18 and V11 don't have such metal monstrosities hanging off the bottom of the wheels but even so, under full compression I assume that both of them have considerably less pedal clearance than say an MSX?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I appreciate that the S18 and V11 don't have such metal monstrosities hanging off the bottom of the wheels but even so, under full compression I assume that both of them have considerably less pedal clearance than say an MSX?

After Inmotion rising the pedal height, not really. I don’t remember the MSX numbers, but neither the S18 nor the V11 will ever have the pedals reach closer than about 15cm from the ground.

Edited by mrelwood
6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

After Inmotion rising the pedal height, not really. I don’t remember the MSX numbers, but neither the S18 nor the V11 will ever have the pedals reach closer than about 15cm from the ground.

Fair enough, I'm surprised at that. I think my MSX with Nik pedals is about 17 or 18cm. So if the suspension wheels still manage 15 at full compression, what height do they ride at uncompressed then?! Must be really high, like getting much closer to the centreline of the wheel. I wonder how that feels, I noticed a big difference in height going from the Z (very low pedals) even to the MSX. In fact, I think the Z having such a low pedal relative to outer tyre diameter goes a long way to explain why its so stable (and maybe part of why it's so hard to lean!).

On 6/1/2020 at 2:30 PM, Marty Backe said:

I couldn't take having to get a 4th wheel this summer :unsure:

Who are you kidding Marty?

14 minutes ago, Yxzygäilijä said:

2700wh

Three battery packs. That better not be an uneven weight/battery distribution (two packs on one side, and one pack + board on the other). Not after the Sherman and its apparently glorious balancedness.

14 minutes ago, Yxzygäilijä said:

20 inch wheel and there is no spokesl! This motor is huge!:blink1:

Really excited about this, Gotway have been killing it with their new motor designs!

Posted (edited)

So if the suspension wheels still manage 15 at full compression, what height do they ride at uncompressed then?! Must be really high, like getting much closer to the centreline of the wheel.

V11 travel is 8.5cm, S18 is 10cm. I might have the numbers off a bit, but I think V11 suspension was 15.5-24cm, and S18 14.5-24.5cm. The neutral riding height is indeed higher than on any other wheel thus far, so it will surely feel different.

52 minutes ago, Yxzygäilijä said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/3080195402078402/

20 inch

3500w motor

2700wh

Screenshot_20200709-225508__01

20 inch wheel and there is no spokesl! This motor is huge!:blink1:

Holy brotherducker! That is going to be a one heavy wheel! They are fighting directly for the Veteran customers.

But... Is this also a “20-inch” wheel that says 18” on the tire?

Edited by mrelwood