Gotway Suspension

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I hope they don't do any releases for awhile. There's too much going on right now with the S18, V11, and Veteran. I couldn't take having to get a 4th wheel this summer :unsure:

Marty, I wasn't even tracking veteran.  Just found it. Thanks!

Edited by Charles McLean
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 8:43 PM, gon2fast said:

not speculation, but no details yet other than coming soon.

Do you have any news on a gotway wheel with suspension?

It is getting more and more difficult to resist to the urge of buying the v11 or the S18... :efee96588e:

I have a daily communication with the GW folks and they have not said a word about the suspension model since April. I assume they are waiting on consumer feedback on the V11 and S18. I am going with the V11 (for my wife*) and hopefully will have funding to get the GW whenever it is released.

* the only way I could fit two new wheels into the family budget, LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The most interesting part of the article was the video of the Gotway Suspension prototype at the bottom...40+ miles per hour with suspension sounds fun as hell. (Is that an MSX?)

if I were GotWay I would take note of what happened here and refine the hell out of it first before I sent it out for reviews. 

• Like 1

I don’t mind taking cues from the MSX as long as it’s not like the monster pro is looking 😂

This looks pretty wide.

But I do like the look of the front.

I get we’re looking at prototype testing but it looks pretty basic. And pretty chunky.

They must have it working to a decent level or I don’t think they’d release the footage. 

Maybe release some crappy looking footage first to temper our expectations? 

If I were Gotway and I didn’t have a better design than the others I’d probably park the project until the next gen. or at least keep it R and D.

Edit: I think I need to see it in “normal” motion.

Edited by HippoPig
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, EUChristian said:

The most interesting part of the article was the video of the Gotway Suspension prototype at the bottom...40+ miles per hour with suspension sounds fun as hell. (Is that an MSX?)

It was indeed! Looks like they still have a bit of work to do, the suspension hits both ends on every step, accompanied with a clonking sound. Doesn’t seem as smooth as the competitors’. But interestingly they seem to have taken the sprung chassis design from the S18, and rails and vertical shocks from the V11, just inside the shell.

if I were GotWay I would take note of what happened here and refine the hell out of it first before I sent it out for reviews. 

Yeah, well that would be the smart and sensible thing to do, now wouldn’t it? But if you have been watching how GW operates,  the video above is probably the only thing we’ll hear about that wheel before it suddenly appears for sale... :facepalm:

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, stephen said:

Gotways suspension looks a little fragile to🤔 still looks like most Gotway wheels

Looks like they're going to the same suspension design as V11, for better or for worse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iode said:

Looks like they're going to the same suspension design as V11, for better or for worse.

Not exactly, it looks like only the wheel is unsprung, like the S18, but with 2 air springs, like the V11.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

Not exactly, it looks like only the wheel is unsprung, like the S18, but with 2 air springs, like the V11.

Ah you're right, didn't notice the lack of a saddle. Good eye! Really hope these are just them prototyping the suspension design itself, and not the body design. Can't help but feel like Gotways are just not that pleasing to look at :facepalm:

• Like 1

Unlike others, GW never had too much of a signature look across the product lines. Monster excluded, the other models seem more like individual designs. You see a V5, V8 or V10, and you have a hard time figuring out which model it even is because they are all so similar. When GW  hit the jackpot with the MSX, you bet they hold on to any possible part of the design and looks for dear life.

I do think that if they had a more organized design language/method and much less strange surprises, they would be relatively safe even with a completely new design. But it does seem that they are aware that any new design clears the playing field, and since they don’t understand our needs beyond battery size and speed very well at all, it would be a huge risk and a big investment to a small company to develop a completely new wheel design with suspension.

Or, it could just as well be that they have just started testing the tech, and a fresh new design is on the way. What do I know. But if it’s a new design, I can pretty much guarantee that there will be a few big facepalms about the design.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Or, it could just as well be that they have just started testing the tech, and a fresh new design is on the way.

I will confidently say that IMHO this is very close to how GotWay's suspension wheel will look, save for the usual last minute tweaks.  We just recently saw how the New Monster Pro will look when it arrives shortly, which is basically an upscaled MSX.  The suspension wheel will undoubtedly carry on with the same old familiar Msuper/MSX styling GotWay is finding themselves unable to move away from, hence key members of the company have left and started building wheels over at Veteran!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EMA said:

it's a bit bigger than msx, they say 20 inch and battery is at least 1800wh ;) 

It is most definitely a bigger wheel (20 inch is what we have been hearing for some months now) and is quite a lot wider and taller than MSX too!  As we have seen already with the New Inmotion & King Song wheels, they will always need to be of taller construction to accommodate the suspension travel. 

The second photo makes it hard to distinguish what the wheel actually looks like and what is going on along the top edge with what looks to be the power button, possibly a display in front of it!  I personally would not be a fan of the added width/girth it appears to have grown to either, definitely not a wheel for me sorry! 

GotWay suspension wheel2.jpg

GotWay suspension wheel.jpg

GotWay suspension wheel1.jpg

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 3