Gotway Suspension

4 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Price confirmed - 

"Gotway just released a few hours ago some more pictures & pricing data. We're going to be looking at $3,400 for this model."

image.png

Your image did not upload properly. Where did you see this?

• Like 1

Sorry about the image. Information came from a US distributor. In addition, it is looking like the demo version of the EX is expected on the East Coast within the next 30-45 days. 

Edited by gon2fast

Does anyone have additional information about the battery configuration for the EX? The information that was shared with me a few weeks back is that the unit is to be configured with a single 2700whr pack, but not sure if that is correct.

As far as I know 24s6p build form 21700 cells is for now the only configuration planned.  We will see how people will accept the expected HUGE weight - according to last specification 38kg which makes this wheel very heavy and really not for those who need to carry this wheel up the stairs. Market will show if such weight is still acceptable for clients. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Does anyone have additional information about the battery configuration for the EX? The information that was shared with me a few weeks back is that the unit is to be configured with a single 2700whr pack, but not sure if that is correct.

Going by how Gotway has done everything until today:

It's going to be three 900Wh packs (three 24s2p packs for a 6p configuration). The 1800Wh Gotways simply have two of these standard 900Wh packs, and I expect this one to have three of them (two packs on the left side, and one pack + the board on the right side).

Anything else doesn't make much sense. We'll see.

• Like 3

They could look at cars and take a hint 🙄 Even in China they don’t just put random colors here and there.

edit: cool motor, hope they all move to this type.

Edited by null
  • Like 2

Just got word that the Gotway seat and pads will sell separately for $100.

I hope that a seat only option is offered.

* Fender is also included in the $100 bundle.

Edited by gon2fast
coleslaw

• 2 weeks later...

I received an email last night stating that the EX will be shipping "before October". I am not going to get too excited, but it will be a nice surprise if it is true.

Edited by gon2fast
because
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mid November delivery is the new expectation (not holding my breath). Also got another update about the demo unit being sent to the NYC riders in a week. This has to be the third or fourth time I have been told this, LOL. Seriously though, I do hope the demo unit gets sent out soon as I want to see some un-biased riders on the EX that will push it. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This is really not shaping up to be a $3500 wheel. I would really like to know what Veteran is planning for 2021, but I will hold out for more reviews. Hopefully Begode will take feedback seriously and address current issues with the EX. Please do not release a revised version a month after the current configuration of the EX is released, lol.