Gotway Suspension

19 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

I may have pulled the trigger too fast on the S18, lol

Dont fall into the trap of second guessing everything, everytime. I'm sure there will be lots of great wheels and Im sure most of them will be just wonderful to own.  The grass is always greener aint it? Even with an sks18 otw, i havent ruled out the possibility that SOON, a long range and really fast wheel will also hit my shopping cart. Luckily theres no legal limit on how many wheels you can have in the end.... :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Dont fall into the trap of second guessing everything, everytime. I'm sure there will be lots of great wheels and Im sure most of them will be just wonderful to own.  The grass is always greener aint it? Even with an sks18 otw, i havent ruled out the possibility that SOON, a long range and really fast wheel will also hit my shopping cart. Luckily theres no legal limit on how many wheels you can have in the end.... :)

No sir! I am first in line for the S18. I am starting to budget for a second wheel this year and things seem to be heating up. Originally my second choice was the MSP, but I am sure that my first choice will hold me over to Fall when all 2020 choices will be available and reviewed. I do have high expectations for what GW brings to the table with suspension.

• Like 2

Was it @meepmeepmayer that said Gotway put new wheels on hold for a while? Maybe the suspension battle is heating up? (I hope so!)

Been looking at the MSX and MSP reviews...they look kind of like clunky briefcases that go fast, and people like them...maybe I need to try one...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

Was it @meepmeepmayer that said Gotway put new wheels on hold for a while?

If they do, I would think that they'd be focusing all resources to develop a suspension wheel. My guess is that bringing out a 20" MSX (without suspension) right now would not go very well at all.

51 minutes ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

Been looking at the MSX and MSP reviews...they look kind of like clunky briefcases that go fast, and people like them...

That's what they kind of are. People don't like them for the shape or riding geometry, but the powerful combination of GW acceleration behaviour and the optimal large tire size. You do owe it to yourself to try one out though!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

Was it @meepmeepmayer that said Gotway put new wheels on hold for a while?

That was from the EcoDrift interview. I find it hard to believe and wouldn't rely on that info. Maybe something was lost in two translations Chinese->Russian->English by a German guy (me).

Also now we have @gon2fast saying there is a suspension wheel coming soon. I'd rather believe that.

3 hours ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

Been looking at the MSX and MSP reviews...they look kind of like clunky briefcases that go fast, and people like them...

:laughbounce2:Great summary of these wheels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

EUC suspension modes are beginning to take off. This guy recently adapted a suspension system to his MSX. 

Too bad his Suspension video was 4-minutes of riding on smooth pavement :facepalm:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Too bad his Suspension video was 4-minutes of riding on smooth pavement :facepalm:

I agree. He stated that the whole suspension system widened his stance by 4” (2” each side). Not comfortable. 

You do have to admire the guy for chopping up his MSX in lieu of furthering EUC suspension science.

There is another guy planning on adding suspension to his Z10. :cry2:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Commenting on the video @davinche linked to. It was a long conversation (and a bit painful as they constantly talk over eachother and jump to different topics in the middle of a comment), between guys in the business that know a little inside information. They revealed that a 20" Gotway should be announced at the end of May, and the guys were expecting it to have suspension as well! Very exciting times!

I think they were correct in that the S18 could function as a basis for customisation, whereas the V11 is readily a solid package with less room, possibilities, or need for modifications.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any updates on when Gotway is scheduled to release their newest EUC with suspension?  The latest rumors I heard were mid-may ... but that has come and gone and no word.  Before I pull the trigger on the V11, I'm waiting to see what Gotway has to offer.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Charles McLean said:

Anyone have any updates on when Gotway is scheduled to release their newest EUC with suspension?  The latest rumors I heard were mid-may ... but that has come and gone and no word.  Before I pull the trigger on the V11, I'm waiting to see what Gotway has to offer.

My rumors are end of year. There's no way something is coming out now (it's already June).

But Gotway keeps things close, even with their dealers. Half the time Jason is surprised by what Gotway does (and he must be one of their biggest dealers).

I hope they don't do any releases for awhile. There's too much going on right now with the S18, V11, and Veteran. I couldn't take having to get a 4th wheel this summer :unsure:

• Like 2